Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Just Bought My Citroen Zx 2.0 16v

• Please log in to reply

zerc

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:00 PM

zerc

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
citre8v, thats one hell of a spending on 16v right there, keep it up!

& if you guys are planning on a 16v TT, just pm me k; don't wanna miss this chance wink.gif

cheers

zarif

citre8v

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:20 PM

citre8v

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (yusriyahya @ Mar 6 2011, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there citre8v, mine oso had this similar symptom, (engine dies when changing gear). My engine dies during downshift especially while taking corners. do u think the ECU would be the culprit??? thanks

Well, it started off when i disconnect the ecu and tried to 'open' the ECU to know the chip number (want to put chip, some chip wont go well with some ECU's, some even cannot start the car at all if the ECU number doesnt match..) However i couldnt open the last screw as the screw wont come out, so then i put it back on to get it professionally done by syam.. Instead syam told me to just get another ECU with the chip (so that i have a stock ECU + chipped ECU to be safe).. After putting it back on a while of driving, then the probs starts to come.. Prior to that the car was running well, and engine doesnt die off.. so i reckon is either the ECU or the wires connecting the ECU is faulty.. That'll be my guess..

Its hard to troubleshoot when you know the car is old and wires are easily brittled and broken, hence affecting the performance.. So i decided to 'experiment' to see what the source are.. though im not sure the culprit would be the ECU, but from how it started, im going to solve it from that direction.. =).. if d prob persist, then it might something else as nemo16v has mentioned out.. As for the prob, i learned that in order to NOT die the engine, i'd rev the engine a little when downshift (to assist the rpm not crashing down to zero) maybe that would help a little yusri.. My engine dying off prob isnt a real prob, happens like 1:100..

Well still a long way more to go haha.. dont mind splashing cash on d car, but what gives me mental stress is when it doesnt performs as how u wanted it.. =D Like before this, performance is bloody slow before 4k rpm, then when syam changed the regulator and the ACAV diagrahms, the torque climb is very linear 1k - 7k rpm, (not like the typical woosh push after 4k rpm.. many zx16v fails here, losing precious Hp and torque..) 2.0 16v acav have really good power from lowest rpm, take a look at pcts from dyno:

1. 16v with not corretly working acav
http://img8.imagesha...f/wy52104c.jpg/

2. 16v with acav working (my 16v)
http://img502.images...63/wn96463c.jpg

Thx to arthur (nicname kaczart)

citre8v

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

citre8v

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
The problem where my engine dies off when changing gear is all solved.. its not the ECU, its my ignition coil.. Haizz.. search high and low for its source of prob.. changed it today with brisk sparkplugs and K&N filter.. car running exceptionally well.. very smooth.. so for those wondering why their engine having idling problems, perhaps you want to check your ignition coil first.. cheers..

katmai

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:50 PM

katmai

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
test...

katmai

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:50 PM

katmai

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
Hi citre8v,

Good to know that your prob is solved...how did you determine that the ignition coils is the culprit? What's the cost like and can DIY or not? Tq bro..

Cheers... smile_cool.gif

katmai

citre8v

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

citre8v

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (katmai @ Mar 26 2011, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi citre8v,

Good to know that your prob is solved...how did you determine that the ignition coils is the culprit? What's the cost like and can DIY or not? Tq bro..

Cheers... smile_cool.gif

katmai

Well, the throttle response around 1k to 2k was a bit jerking (a month ago), and it got worst till my car having problem idling, so i guess it must be somewhere in my ignition system.. Told syam to check my coils, and it was a good guess and turned out that the coils where completely damage.. have it changed and have my new sparkplugs on.. then, no more idling problem! =D My second guess was either d ECU or pressure sensor/hose in intake manifold.. but now everything solve d.. smile_thumbup.gif

Each coil cost rm280.. change 2 of them so = rm560.. You can DIY i suppose, EBAY sells it for rm130 each exc posting, but i woundlt want to wait 2 weeks for that.. so.. yeah i suppose you could DIY..

nemo16v

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:18 PM

nemo16v

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
hey bro,

nice try men! yeah it could be one of the caused is the i.coil too...the coil is so hard to get now but i know where is the place to get it..only 2 place which still in stock(NEW). The price that you get is so reasonable now because they starting to sale at rm330. (last 5years back only rm240) As i said before you may need them for spare all the time.

citre8v

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

citre8v

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (nemo16v @ Mar 29 2011, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey bro,

nice try men! yeah it could be one of the caused is the i.coil too...the coil is so hard to get now but i know where is the place to get it..only 2 place which still in stock(NEW). The price that you get is so reasonable now because they starting to sale at rm330. (last 5years back only rm240) As i said before you may need them for spare all the time.

hehe yes, you are right, its hard to find that item these days.. Gud advice..!! .. Btw, mmm , im like power/torque crazy and yearn for more Paaaawwwwaarrrr.. ! .. has anyone here got an ITB kit on their XU10j4..? anyone in malaysia..? i would like to know the power gains from these Individual Throttle Bodies.. Ive seen rm4500 complete kit including , Inlet manifold, Throttle bodies, Ram tubes, Fuel rail and Linkages..

back then (5-10yrs ago) i know it was selling at higher price, like more than 10k-15k (might as well i put k20 if like that), but now its so much cheaper and affordable.. however again, would like to know the power gains and d practicality for street-driven kinda driving.. hoping to reach at least 200hp like in this video.. 200hp clio 182 with itb kit..

ahhh such blistering acceleration!! smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif

hasnol16v

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:38 AM

hasnol16v

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
hai semua,

ada sesiapa boleh bagi saya alamat sham tak? rasa cam nak pegi sana....

Terima kasih.

tongks

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

tongks

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
alamat sham tak ingat, GPS Lat Long lagi bagus kan? N3.20392, E101.77758.

GoogleMap

Wikimapia