Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sun-roof

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

byebye2u

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
Hi Bro-bro,

Today on highway at 120km/h I hear some wind noise, found out the sun-roof has not been properly shut.it must be open about 1cm for at least 3-4 days already. When I try to close it's jam oledi.so let a bangang mechanic do it and he broke a few parts!!!!damn mechanic..

so went search other workshop that manage to properly shut it, but the longkang inside the sunroof also broken by previous mechanic..ceh..now I put a tape to prevent water come in.

SC can replace but full set..the motor/switch still working fine, why need to change all..Sc quote RM2000!!!!

any idea how to fix it???

jackyleo

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

jackyleo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Dec 13 2010, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro-bro,

Today on highway at 120km/h I hear some wind noise, found out the sun-roof has not been properly shut.it must be open about 1cm for at least 3-4 days already. When I try to close it's jam oledi.so let a bangang mechanic do it and he broke a few parts!!!!damn mechanic..

so went search other workshop that manage to properly shut it, but the longkang inside the sunroof also broken by previous mechanic..ceh..now I put a tape to prevent water come in.

SC can replace but full set..the motor/switch still working fine, why need to change all..Sc quote RM2000!!!!

any idea how to fix it???

Sad to hear that... Can seal the sunroof totally? HaHa

byebye2u

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (jackyleo @ Dec 13 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sad to hear that... Can seal the sunroof totally? HaHa

yeah, I was thinking that too...or put an umbrella up there smile_clown.gif

r3xt0n

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Dec 13 2010, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, I was thinking that too...or put an umbrella up there smile_clown.gif

Sorry bro, did not get a chance to check the parts for you. Maybe you can ask Bro Teerex or Bro RX270XDI to check for you. Going to be tied up for next few days.

byebye2u

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Dec 14 2010, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry bro, did not get a chance to check the parts for you. Maybe you can ask Bro Teerex or Bro RX270XDI to check for you. Going to be tied up for next few days.

SC return call today, everything come whole set with the motor and window..rm5k..gila betoi..hahahahaha

found a shop in my hometown that can custom made all the broken parts!!! I would say rm400 to rm800.

9w2azx

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:42 AM

9w2azx

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Dec 14 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SC return call today, everything come whole set with the motor and window..rm5k..gila betoi..hahahahaha

found a shop in my hometown that can custom made all the broken parts!!! I would say rm400 to rm800.

kasi potong metal plate & weld it there lah heheh...jangan marah bro...

smile_big.gif

byebye2u

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (9w2azx @ Dec 15 2010, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kasi potong metal plate & weld it there lah heheh...jangan marah bro...

smile_big.gif

I was thinking that too..hahahaha

but please be care full where you park your car, one citra park under pokok kelapa, sunroof pecah, cermin saja dah rm2000!!!

razopower

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

razopower

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Dec 14 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wah Bro Byebye2U, did not know that our sunroof is so costly to replace. Insurance got cover this or not ? Can we insure the sunroof like we insure the the car windscreen?

byebye2u

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (razopower @ Dec 15 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah Bro Byebye2U, did not know that our sunroof is so costly to replace. Insurance got cover this or not ? Can we insure the sunroof like we insure the the car windscreen?

I know insurance cover the side and rear mirror, not sure about sunroof. not just rexton, any sunroof kalau kena sure expensive.

r3xt0n

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Dec 15 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know insurance cover the side and rear mirror, not sure about sunroof. not just rexton, any sunroof kalau kena sure expensive.

Some insurance company include sunroof as part of Windscreen add-on insurance, check out with your insurance company