Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Swift / Forte / Vios / Fiesta, Which?!

• Please log in to reply

yun

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

yun

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
Considering a car around RM 85k range.

Here's my choices and opinion so far from test drive, please help. Feedback from owners would be greatly appreciated. Do recommend others that's appropriate if I missed any.

(1) Swift

Pros
Cheapest after rebate, about RM 69k.
Decent "go-kart" feel.

Cons
Car is dated (even the colours on the brochure I got were faded). Interior match with the cheap price.

(2) Forte

Pros
C-segment at B-segment price.
Good space and super specs.

Cons
Had bad experience with Korean brand (ie high FC and terrible resale value). Sceptical on its realibility in the long-run.

(3) Vios

Pros
Very "safe" car, in terms of realibility and resale value.

Cons
Under-specs. Premium in price goes to service and resale.
Had bad NVH during test drive. Probably due to tyre roar?

(4) Fiesta

Pros
Unbelievable handling.
Specs second to Forte.

Cons
Engine tend to rev high (> 4k rpm on 1st gear). Reluctant to upshift unless through manual blip on the pedal. Lack of manual overdrive worsen the experience. Common to all? Any solution to this?
Abundant splash of plastic over the interior.

forgoodd

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

forgoodd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
QUOTE (yun @ Dec 10 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering a car around RM 85k range.

Here's my choices and opinion so far from test drive, please help. Feedback from owners would be greatly appreciated. Do recommend others that's appropriate if I missed any.

(1) Swift

Pros
Cheapest after rebate, about RM 69k.
Decent "go-kart" feel.

Cons
Car is dated (even the colours on the brochure I got were faded). Interior match with the cheap price.

(2) Forte

Pros
C-segment at B-segment price.
Good space and super specs.

Cons
Had bad experience with Korean brand (ie high FC and terrible resale value). Sceptical on its realibility in the long-run.

(3) Vios

Pros
Very "safe" car, in terms of realibility and resale value.

Cons
Under-specs. Premium in price goes to service and resale.
Had bad NVH during test drive. Probably due to tyre roar?

(4) Fiesta

Pros
Unbelievable handling.
Specs second to Forte.

Cons
Engine tend to rev high (> 4k rpm on 1st gear). Reluctant to upshift unless through manual blip on the pedal. Lack of manual overdrive worsen the experience. Common to all? Any solution to this?
Abundant splash of plastic over the interior.

Hi Bro, i think u have test drive all of them, i will said the Fiesta gear box is sensitive to ur thottle , if u light on peddle,then the gear will change early, but when u press hard, it will tent to rev high at 6K to change, so think u still not get use to it as this gear box is not like a AUTO or normal Manual, but Bro, this one is powershift, Dual clucth system with 6speeds, the gear change is much faster and power more direct. so bro, it up to u to choose, u want to buy a car to enjoy or u prefer let the car enjoy u..... smile_blush.gif

andy111172

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
I suggest you go for Fiesta coz the Swift is dated, the Forte lacks brand image and the Vios is as common as fake brands in PS...

Furthermore, the Fiesta brings fresh look in M'sia amongst the usual Protons, P2, Vios, City and other house appliance brands.

Afterall, this is a Ford Forum...

hideiyoshi

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

hideiyoshi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
QUOTE (andy111172 @ Dec 23 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suggest you go for Fiesta coz the Swift is dated, the Forte lacks brand image and the Vios is as common as fake brands in PS...

Furthermore, the Fiesta brings fresh look in M'sia amongst the usual Protons, P2, Vios, City and other house appliance brands.

Afterall, this is a Ford Forum...

i wonder what car do u drive............anyway, Fiesta looks fresh

onetree710

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

onetree710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
QUOTE (hideiyoshi @ Dec 23 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wonder what car do u drive............anyway, Fiesta looks fresh

My vote goes to Fiesta, by a big margin smile_approve.gif

cashloke

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

cashloke

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 966 posts
Yaya! Fiesta man! More fresh car the merrier,

multipla

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

multipla

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
I hate these type of posts. Normally after all the advice given, and many pages of forummers debating with each other, the buyer will buy the ones you guys are against! hehe!

andy111172

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (multipla @ Dec 25 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate these type of posts. Normally after all the advice given, and many pages of forummers debating with each other, the buyer will buy the ones you guys are against! hehe!

Yeah... by the way, what's happening to Yun? Have u made your decision yet smile_question.gif

yun

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

yun

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
QUOTE (andy111172 @ Dec 25 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah... by the way, what's happening to Yun? Have u made your decision yet smile_question.gif

Guys I'm still here.

After alot of thoughts, we narrowed our decision down to Forte and Fiesta. We can't think of a good reason to get the rest in that range... sorry.

Forte strong point is its space and it's hard to argue that you're buying at premium for a smaller sqm in Fiesta. Think of the people/luggage/kids stuff that it can ferry and Fiesta can't. After all, it's an elegant looking C-segment car. Further to that, Forte is more "popular" on the road than Fiesta, thus better 2nd hand spare parts. Specs wise, it has most of the key ones covered plus a stop/start button which Fiesta lacks.

Nonetheless, we're booking our Fiesta tomorrow. Wife loves it because of the compactness. I love it because of it's driving dynamic. The car has been proven worldwide and we are not sure about the longevity of Korean cars.

I think the waiting period of 2011 Fiesta is in March/April 2011. Not many people can/will wait that long.. I suppose this will hurt the sales tremendously.

Thanks for all the advices guys. To the owners, how's the car so far?

DSAI

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
QUOTE (yun @ Dec 26 2010, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys I'm still here.

After alot of thoughts, we narrowed our decision down to Forte and Fiesta. We can't think of a good reason to get the rest in that range... sorry.

Forte strong point is its space and it's hard to argue that you're buying at premium for a smaller sqm in Fiesta. Think of the people/luggage/kids stuff that it can ferry and Fiesta can't. After all, it's an elegant looking C-segment car. Further to that, Forte is more "popular" on the road than Fiesta, thus better 2nd hand spare parts. Specs wise, it has most of the key ones covered plus a stop/start button which Fiesta lacks.

Nonetheless, we're booking our Fiesta tomorrow. Wife loves it because of the compactness. I love it because of it's driving dynamic. The car has been proven worldwide and we are not sure about the longevity of Korean cars.

I think the waiting period of 2011 Fiesta is in March/April 2011. Not many people can/will wait that long.. I suppose this will hurt the sales tremendously.

Thanks for all the advices guys. To the owners, how's the car so far?

your money your choice.everybody have thier own reason.no matter what people say...as for me i am satisfied with my 10 month forte SX...amazing korean product...untill this day...i only spend on fuel,engine oil,ATF,and air filter only...no need extra cost like faulty alram,ratteling here and there.i cant wait to here your report on your ride bro..cheers
a new hope...