Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Recon Estima

• Please log in to reply

discusman

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

discusman

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Jun 3 2011, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't blame it all on the car buyer. I was interested in the Serana until I found that what we are being offered by TC is the old C24 and now it's already C26 in Japan and elsewhere. We are offered car that are 2 generation behind. Would you buy?

i still cant understand this too...

i called TC many times to ask why the Serena is not updated..and the person on phone start to ask me to buy Livina....

i am in dilemma of brand new MPV vs recond Estima...to me, the Serena is a much more sensible choice..but not this current C24.....if TC were to release the new C26 here, i will forget my hunt for an Estima...

magura

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

magura

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
QUOTE (discusman @ Jun 11 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i called TC many times to ask why the Serena is not updated..and the person on phone start to ask me to buy Livina....

i am in dilemma of brand new MPV vs recond Estima...to me, the Serena is a much more sensible choice..but not this current C24.....if TC were to release the new C26 here, i will forget my hunt for an Estima...

Bro,

Go test drive the Pug 5008, 240nm of torque from 1,700rpm onwards (1.6 turbo petrol, less FC & cheaper road tax wt abundance safety gadget) or the coming Ford S-Max ecoboost with huge diesel like 300nm of torque from 1,700rpm ( 2 liter turbo petril, less FC and etc...as per Pug)...both these MPV have 5 star euro Ncap. I quote the torque figures coz MPV & any heavy vehicle will need torque to move its weights esp at low rev (lower rev, no need strain the engine = less FC)

Don't just limit yr choice btw Nissan & recon Toyotas (both this japs mpv are NA engines which need to be rev for torque)

Just an opinion

ymfoo

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

ymfoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
QUOTE (discusman @ Jun 11 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait a little longer, the Ford S-Max is coming in the next few months. Check the reviews on the Ecoboost turbocharged engine, it is a gem of MPVs. It is much bigger than the tiny seats on Pug 5008 also.

Cars, Oh cars......

kdnfz

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

kdnfz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Jun 3 2011, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The more I read this tread, the more I couldn't stop laughing...

Most ACR50 is dated..but local dealers are still selling at premium. All AP holders are also laughing all the way to their banks. Probably...trying to thank you by contributing towards their next election campaign. If you are able to "read between the line"...you would not through your hard earns to the drain.

Why it is already dated? Those unit with single VVti already reaching tail end of product life cycle. Now..the newer ones are with Dual-VVTi with six gear automatics.

Do not forget. Almost all units on sale are at least 3 years old/more (Also, consider those with false manufacturing numbers in the registration card). Consider too, all cars start steep depreciation on the 4-5 years of ownership.

But it is your money...you make the call.

not much a choice for new nice mpv in Malaysia which the reason estima still selling well especially if it is in the price region of 160k, the only affordable big MPV (although Japan term Estima as minivan) at that price region is Mitsubishi Grandis which one of the comment is slightly bigger than wish but smaller than Estima...cheaper than that with still big size is Hyundai Starex (HUGE than Estima actually), Toyota Innova and Proton Exora (much cheaper) , the rest in that price region will be Toyota Wish 2.0 from UMW (dunno if it is selling well), Mazda 5 and Peugeot 3008 (exclude Avanza, Livina and Alza (much cheaper)) which smaller size as compare to Estima....

i guess since not much of a choice, ppl still have to accept for a 160k of 2006 estima which come with keyless entry and push start button, dual power door, abs, 6 airbag, 7 speed automatic gearbox, full adult for 7/8 passenger and still have bigger luggage area with less than 20k km mileage(but as said, this can be altered, is it?) and with a UNKNOWN RISK smile_wink.gif .....

but for a 200k estima, maybe they can consider new Honda Elysion which bring in by USF DRB and also Mazda 8 which both at the price slightly at 19*k.....

rolleyes.gif

tommyl

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

tommyl

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
QUOTE (teman8778 @ Feb 6 2011, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow! funtastic..congratulation to your dad.
wise choice!!
may i know what year the ACR30?

Sorry for the late late reply, the car is 2002 years, we bought at 2006 and sold it this year cause we decided to upgraded to 2009 ACR50. About the performance, the ACR50 CVT gearbox technology definitely give more power and better fuel efficiency, the only complain is we felt ACR30 3rd row seat having more space than ACR50, much wider I would say (This is based on our opinion owning the both ACR30&50). Maintenance for both car are likely the same except the costly CVT fluid, extra RM100 compare to the normal Toyota ATF fluid, if i'm not mistaken.

tolexus

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

tolexus

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hi.....

Well....... If anyone of you has a need to know what to look for in an ESTIMA or VELLFIRE , call me at 017-8843699

or email me : albertlee@tomsracing.com.my

I am located in BANGSA

scenik

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

scenik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (tolexus @ May 17 2012, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi.....

Well....... If anyone of you has a need to know what to look for in an ESTIMA or VELLFIRE , call me at 017-8843699

or email me : albertlee@tomsracing.com.my

I am located in BANGSA

HOW MUCH FOR 2008 ESTIMA OR VELLFIRE OR ALPHARD? APPROX PRICE? BTW WHICH OF THESE 3 MODELS HAVE HIGHEST RESALE VALUE?

mitkey

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

mitkey

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
dear all

i just book estima 3.5g 2006. my concern is the car has no warranty. even small problem, the seller his own personal warranty. i think this is very risky for me. so the seller suggested Omal warranty which is RM 1900 per year or RM 3500 for 2 years. anyone sign up ?

the other thing i heard about 3.5 is its gearbox problem. some mechanic told me the cost is RM 15k for a gearbox which he done due to owner not sign up warranty.
carmaniac

alldisc

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (mitkey @ May 30 2012, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dear all

i just book estima 3.5g 2006. my concern is the car has no warranty. even small problem, the seller his own personal warranty. i think this is very risky for me. so the seller suggested Omal warranty which is RM 1900 per year or RM 3500 for 2 years. anyone sign up ?

the other thing i heard about 3.5 is its gearbox problem. some mechanic told me the cost is RM 15k for a gearbox which he done due to owner not sign up warranty.

spending so much on a car without getting an after sales service warranty is just like living a life without health insurance. why take risk with living at the edge.

the good thing about toyota cars (wish, estima) - they are highly reliable. hardly breakdown, just service and off we go.
this is why they are so popular.

but they are not totally problem-free. this is the risk that i am talking about, if you dare enough just go for it.

or spend a little bit more and request UMW to bring it in for you. they will charge somewhere between 300-350K for a 2.4 ACR50 but you will get a totally new car (not used or reconditioned) with a 3 yrs/100K km warranty while also enjoying nationwide after sales service support. its a peace-of-mind thing, really.

shop around first and you will find that Mazda does bring its big MPV for around 190K while tan chong just introduced their official Elgrande line-up for. a bit high though at around 400K.

worth checking.

mitkey

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

mitkey

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
Just test drive the car and it is quite ok. noise is slightly higher than my 10 years old camry, seller typical of estima. e.g. a motorcycle rider pass by can hear the ekzos a bit loud.

ride is good with 3.5, more responsive . when pressed, the grunt is there, not totally quiet. the surge is great.

Auto focus and reverse parking is not that useful according to seller.

what tint is recommended, was told the front 3 mirrors will costing around RM 900

front windscreen insured RM 4k reasonable ??
carmaniac