Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Recon Estima

• Please log in to reply

brmz

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

brmz

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Dear All Sifus,
I am new here and possibly will be getting my estima ACR50 in a week from Cheras. For an aeras with no moon/sun roof or LCD, price quoted was RM249k. Seller told me I was a showroom unit and the metre only clocked in 48km when I saw it. I just wanted to get your views on this MPV and whether the price is too high (another unit of 2009 ( but has moon/sun roof) was quoted at same price by another seller with meter clocked in 7000km....and some other question I have

1. Do you guys install any immobiliser/security system in your estima? Where to get this at reasonable price and reliable one?

2. Any critical question I should ask the dealer before I seal the deal?

3. where to get ori/good spare parts or service centre/workshop that specialized in estima around Cheras?

I hope you guys don't mind sharing w me your knowledge and experience w your estima. Many thanks in advance.

KL3223

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (brmz @ May 27 2011, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
price quoted was RM249k. ..... showroom unit and the metre only clocked in 48km
another unit of 2009 ....... with meter clocked in 7000km....

You believe? Saw the tyres/brake disc/undercarriage etc? Good luck!

leongts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
QUOTE (brmz @ May 27 2011, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear All Sifus,
I am new here and possibly will be getting my estima ACR50 in a week from Cheras. For an aeras with no moon/sun roof or LCD, price quoted was RM249k. Seller told me I was a showroom unit and the metre only clocked in 48km when I saw it. I just wanted to get your views on this MPV and whether the price is too high (another unit of 2009 ( but has moon/sun roof) was quoted at same price by another seller with meter clocked in 7000km....and some other question I have

1. Do you guys install any immobiliser/security system in your estima? Where to get this at reasonable price and reliable one?

2. Any critical question I should ask the dealer before I seal the deal?

3. where to get ori/good spare parts or service centre/workshop that specialized in estima around Cheras?

I hope you guys don't mind sharing w me your knowledge and experience w your estima. Many thanks in advance.

My in-law has one which was a showroom unit as well. It is very easy to tell but just beware that digital meter is easir to tweak than analogue ones.

Just engage the service of AAM on this and they do charge a fee. One thing easy to tell is the extractor and the entire exhaust system. Showroom unit has exhaust system in immaculate condition. Also it comes 4 new tyres and spare one of same production date/year of the car. Interior and engine bay looks and smell new too.

He got it at rm200+k from naza klang, 2006 unit and basic G spec. It has no stereo, sun/moon roof nor reverse camera. I frankly don't know how much difference between G and Aeras spec.

IMo, choice is yours. Want "virgin" then showroom unit. If want more features, get the record 2009 unit and save the hassle on having to install accessories later.

Tourist

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Mar 19 2011, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nowadays, for $150-200k, there are plenty of luxury and comfort MPV being offerred by local distributors - Peugeot, mazda,honda etc, all comes with 3 years hassle free warranty.

anyway, Watch out for cheap recond cars as they could be ex-banjir cars from Jepun. Watch out for the heavily fragranced interior. Lol.

What's available that is brand new and 3rd row just as comfortable as 2nd row and not just for kids? I can only think of Serena.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

KL3223

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Jun 3 2011, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's available that is brand new and 3rd row just as comfortable as 2nd row and not just for kids? I can only think of Serena.

you and your serena! starex also can mah....
but typical malaysian wont buy serena and starex.

S-MAX ford is coming.

ring

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
The more I read this tread, the more I couldn't stop laughing...

Most ACR50 is dated..but local dealers are still selling at premium. All AP holders are also laughing all the way to their banks. Probably...trying to thank you by contributing towards their next election campaign. If you are able to "read between the line"...you would not through your hard earns to the drain.

Why it is already dated? Those unit with single VVti already reaching tail end of product life cycle. Now..the newer ones are with Dual-VVTi with six gear automatics.

Do not forget. Almost all units on sale are at least 3 years old/more (Also, consider those with false manufacturing numbers in the registration card). Consider too, all cars start steep depreciation on the 4-5 years of ownership.

But it is your money...you make the call.
Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

Tourist

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Jun 3 2011, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you and your serena! starex also can mah....
but typical malaysian wont buy serena and starex.

S-MAX ford is coming.

You can't blame it all on the car buyer. I was interested in the Serana until I found that what we are being offered by TC is the old C24 and now it's already C26 in Japan and elsewhere. We are offered car that are 2 generation behind. Would you buy?

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

KL3223

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Jun 3 2011, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't blame it all on the car buyer. I was interested in the Serana until I found that what we are being offered by TC is the old C24 and now it's already C26 in Japan and elsewhere. We are offered car that are 2 generation behind. Would you buy?

well, if there is no demand, there wont be supply.... and even if there is demand, there may be no supply too, given the complicated jpj registration process which give no incentive to the importer/distributor to special indent for the consumers.

Tourist

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Jun 3 2011, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, if there is no demand, there wont be supply....

Well, if there are no proper marketing where got demand? So which comes first, chicken or the eggs?

magura

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

magura

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Jun 4 2011, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if there are no proper marketing where got demand? So which comes first, chicken or the eggs?

Hi Estima's owner....i'm currently looking for a 7 seater full size mpv. Would like to have further info regarding the estima and would appreciate feedback from current owners.

For the 2.4 liter version, what are the average fuel consumption most owners are getting? and at speed of 110km/h (national speed limit), how hard the engine is revving (at what rpm)?

Thanks in advance

smile.gif