Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Recon Estima

• Please log in to reply

kayeso72

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

kayeso72

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
grandis was one of my option. Mazda 8 was one too. But there are afew things me and my wife dont like abt grandis and M8. Main disadv are the size of passenger area and luggage. Sold my dreamcar( nabira after using it for 7 yrs) for Estima. main reason i changed is size. At first, thought of buying Alphard but my wife prefer estima. Was really confused b4 made my decision. And hopes the decision is right. only time will tell.

Tourist

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (kayeso72 @ Jan 24 2011, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
grandis was one of my option. Mazda 8 was one too. But there are afew things me and my wife dont like abt grandis and M8. Main disadv are the size of passenger area and luggage. Sold my dreamcar( nabira after using it for 7 yrs) for Estima. main reason i changed is size. At first, thought of buying Alphard but my wife prefer estima. Was really confused b4 made my decision. And hopes the decision is right. only time will tell.

One that really impressed me was the ability to "walk" through from 2nd row to the 3rd row seat in the Estima. Can you do that with the Grandis or M8?
I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

kayeso72

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

kayeso72

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I bought 8 seater Estima, so that "walk thru" is not there. this walk thru can be done on M8. M8 second row can be splitted into 2 individual seat.
Curiosity....for all recon car, normally what has been serviced and maybe replaced before it been sent to malaysia?Seems like air filter, gbox oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid,coolant looks new. salesman keep saying that i dont have to replace anything but theres no documentation to prove it.

tommyl

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:04 AM

tommyl

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
Hi all,

So far my dad Estima ACR30 don't give any major problems, just some of the front & rear light bulbs need to be replace after 2 yrs bought the car, 02 sensor replaced after reached 160,XXXKM at price of RM4XX which is acceptable.

teman8778

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

teman8778

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
QUOTE (tommyl @ Jan 25 2011, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

So far my dad Estima ACR30 don't give any major problems, just some of the front & rear light bulbs need to be replace after 2 yrs bought the car, 02 sensor replaced after reached 160,XXXKM at price of RM4XX which is acceptable.

wow! funtastic..congratulation to your dad.
wise choice!!
may i know what year the ACR30?

nickybunch

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

nickybunch

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 622 posts
QUOTE (teman8778 @ Feb 6 2011, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow! funtastic..congratulation to your dad.
wise choice!!
may i know what year the ACR30?

i bought a second hand ACR30 estima x package in 2007...it was a 2002 model and registered in 2006...so far no major problems...only normal wear and tear stuffs...pretty happy with it... milage about 116.5k now...

chrymnd

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

chrymnd

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (feelfree @ Dec 29 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm here to share with you who is planning to get Estima/Alphard. My previous boss, driving a recond Estima, the price he bought the car was RM200K++ then. After driving the car for less than 6 months, the car starting to have problem. First was the car suddenly engine stopped while driving on LDP. Sent back to workshop to repair and the cost was RM1600. After 1-2 months, the car got problem again, the engine can't be started and this time was me to follow the tow truck back to the workshop there. When I reached there, I asked the tauke there why this Toyota got so many problems. The tauke answered me "normal case" due to direct import from Japan. He said this kind of vehicle actually not intended to sell in Malaysia, so Toyota never tested the car in such hot and humid climate. That tauke said not only my boss Estima got such problem, other Estima/Alphard also got many problems when using at here. The tauke there warn me not to buy any direct import vehicle that is not inteded to sell in Malaysia, unless you are rich and willing to pay the repair bill. But I don't know how true is the tauke words!!!!

Hmm.. Sorry that your boss was facing the problem of the reconditioned estima.
But normally why people will be import the reconditioned vehicles from Japan?
1. The technology used by Japan manufacturer were 'Advanced'
2. Their workmanship are high quality with benchmarking techniques that to create every vehicles with quality.
3. The workers work inside the manufacturer have the incentive that to make better or even better on their service department. What are the different between other country manufacturer, their mechanics will tell their customer on how to take care and directly change the parts which were still all right and for upcoming end life of the particular products.
4. since their Japan's safety rules and regulations, their government will enforce the citizens to mantain their vehicles in terms of the quality. Once the quality not up to standard on inspections, the govt will not be renewed the road tax for them or superb expensive on their coming soon road tax. These to encourage their citizens to change to new car every 3 yrs - 5yrs depend on their usage rate.

From the point that we given, this can be sure that why the people will insist on buying reconditioned vehicle instead of original new car. Because the words made from Japan quality will be make a different for each other. Even now most of the car manufacturer started their production at Indonesia, Thailand or somewhere else. If the consumer would try to put the same models of the vehicle but different country make, then we will see the different. How reliable and quality of the vehicle between each other. But the disadvantages of reconditioned vehicle will be the usage year . When we start and survey, we will found that the year make of the car will be a bit old due to reconditioned. Since the age of the vehicle, but their technology is more advancing than out country's vehicle. Like altis 2010 coming out 7th gear cvt, but in 2006 of the japan and they already started using CVT technology with 7th gear like Estima 2.4

However, these will be the theory but everything need to depend on the 'LUCK'. How is the usage rate of the previous owner in Japan? How the engine running well? All of these will be rely on the 'LUCK'. But we as a consumer can prevent the percentage from these problem, bring a mechanic that to check everything before buying also can.

KL3223

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
Nowadays, for $150-200k, there are plenty of luxury and comfort MPV being offerred by local distributors - Peugeot, mazda,honda etc, all comes with 3 years hassle free warranty.

anyway, Watch out for cheap recond cars as they could be ex-banjir cars from Jepun. Watch out for the heavily fragranced interior. Lol.

chrymnd

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

chrymnd

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Mar 19 2011, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nowadays, for $150-200k, there are plenty of luxury and comfort MPV being offerred by local distributors - Peugeot, mazda,honda etc, all comes with 3 years hassle free warranty.

anyway, Watch out for cheap recond cars as they could be ex-banjir cars from Jepun. Watch out for the heavily fragranced interior. Lol.

Haha. Your are right. After the tsunami and nuclear, not sure that the vehicle still good or not. smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

wanida

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
QUOTE (chrymnd @ Mar 19 2011, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha. Your are right. After the tsunami and nuclear, not sure that the vehicle still good or not. smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

haha i saw in youtube new estima been carried away by tsunami flood with the rear wiper still moving..hopefully that vehicle won't enter here... smile_blackeye.gif