Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Recon Estima

• Please log in to reply

teman8778

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

teman8778

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
QUOTE (mitkey @ Oct 21 2012, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just wondr how much u paid for XM-2 and its size.where is the best place to get good bargain.

rgd

hi mitkey,
bought a set of XM2 size 215/60/16 at RM380/pc - Eng Cheep Tyre, Kapar, Klang (trade in Bridgestone Turanza GR90)

mitkey

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

mitkey

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
ok will try to hunt for the tyres.

can I know if the remote battery run flat, just open the key. place the remote beside start button and it will start (though the battery already flat ) ?
carmaniac

jan999

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

jan999

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
yes, it would start the car.

after that, quickly go to replace the batt

mghong

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

mghong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
I am looking for Estima , more favor to 2.4 with CVT 7 speed , because 3.5/V6 is overkill for me as i need to drive down to kl every day for working...

ACR30/ACR50 is what ??

What yr of manufacture is having lesses problem ?? What is the best market rate such example 2007 / 2008 /2009 ?

need all the estima sifu to advice.

serentz

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

serentz

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (damaibangi @ Nov 3 2012, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Estima ACR50 year 2007 got problem with steering, very heavy to turn right dan left. Anyone can help me!

Are u just changed the battery? The steering ecu need to diagnosis with the angle sensor, also the function with afs. If it happened long time ago, maybe the steering ecu burned. Diagnosis can know the condition. Acr50 from Japan all using motorized steering so that u cannot found the power steering reservoir in the engine bay. That's y some model come with the auto parking system. Then the steering can turning by the ecu. When diagnosis the P/S (power steering) will blink. If it's the new face lift. There will be a steering icons. Both in red colour.

serentz

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

serentz

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (mghong @ Dec 16 2012, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am looking for Estima , more favor to 2.4 with CVT 7 speed , because 3.5/V6 is overkill for me as i need to drive down to kl every day for working...

ACR30/ACR50 is what ??

What yr of manufacture is having lesses problem ?? What is the best market rate such example 2007 / 2008 /2009 ?

need all the estima sifu to advice.

Acr30 is the previous model of Acr50. The main difference except interior n exterior is the transmission from 4speed to cvt.
Acr50 in hybrids is Ahr20. The first model of acr50 launch in Japan is 2006 January. The facelift launch in 2009.
Anywhere just beware the Japan banjir car.

chrissaro

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

chrissaro

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
My estima has 'pong pong pong' sound coming from the front suspensions I believe when go on uneven surfaces...

Anyone knows of any workshop that's good in diagnosing this problem?

Thanks.

mitkey

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

mitkey

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
I have a problem.

since I am using 4 wheel drive GSR50, when I change tyre, I must change all 4 at once ?

so my standard tyre size is 215/60/R17 but I change to 215/55/R17, any problem ?
carmaniac

pitseman

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

pitseman

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I am planning to buy Estima acr50 2.4L year 08, this is my first time buying recond car, i am a bit worried because i heard people say that the gearbox always cause a problem, anyone of you guys experience the situation?? I asked some of the owners, they say, it works just fine... anyone???

thanks guys

jackyyong

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

jackyyong

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I just bought an old 3rd hand 2004 Estima Hybrid. Its model is AHR10W. It is actually based on the ACR30, but with a lot of modifications to the engine, transmission and other smaller things like the display. The engine is also modified based on the original 2AZ-FE to become 2AZ-FXE, 2.4 litre engine, which uses a more efficient Atkinson Cycle. It uses CVT, which I think is unique to the hybrid variant.

Other things are like the brake system. It auto regenerates electricity upon depressing the accelerator or pressing the brake. And finally the Multi-Info touch screen display will show the flow of engine power and / or electricity when it is engaged.

I am truly impressed with the fuel consumption. Others have reported a consumption of 5 - 8 km / litre. I am constantly getting 11.5 km / litre in KL city driving!! Also another thing worth noting is that since the electric motor drives all 4 wheels, it indirectly becomes a 4-wheel drive monster in certain driving conditions. That includes hard cornering, when the electric motor drives the 4 wheels, it handles corners with no understeer whatsoever!! Those beemers better eat my dust! HAHAHAHA!!!
-Jacky Yong-