Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Recon Estima

• Please log in to reply

luvcar

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

luvcar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi,

Any recon Estima owner here can share your experience with these recon cars? any problems so far?

Resale value is ok?

Now, the cheaper ones are those "X" package (basic). Is it worth buying or should stick to those Aeras spec or "G" spec ones?

swinee

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (luvcar @ Dec 9 2010, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Any recon Estima owner here can share your experience with these recon cars? any problems so far?

Resale value is ok?

Now, the cheaper ones are those "X" package (basic). Is it worth buying or should stick to those Aeras spec or "G" spec ones?

erm..i've been looking around those with Aeras spec with 2 electrical doors, 7 seater, HID, reverse cam at around 160-180k year 06 one...

not sure bout the resale value..but for problem occurred it depends on the condition of the recon unit..i guess that is too much aournd on the market that u really need to source around carefully..

spare parts are pretty much easy to find i think, the engine is 2AZ-FE same as the current camry..so i dun think much prob sourcing it.. smile_blush.gif

luvcar

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

luvcar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Dec 9 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
erm..i've been looking around those with Aeras spec with 2 electrical doors, 7 seater, HID, reverse cam at around 160-180k year 06 one...

not sure bout the resale value..but for problem occurred it depends on the condition of the recon unit..i guess that is too much aournd on the market that u really need to source around carefully..

spare parts are pretty much easy to find i think, the engine is 2AZ-FE same as the current camry..so i dun think much prob sourcing it.. smile_blush.gif

Yah. Very much depends on luck hor.

My friend bought the 06 "G" package with Auto Cruise one at RM 205K just end of last year. Now, the same spec is selling at RM 178K. Almost RM 30K drop in the same year. So, I assume the depreciation is pretty high too, unlike usual Toyota cars. I was told by an insurance agent, the depreciation for Estima is still not as bad as the Alphard. For that, you have to prepare almost 50% depreciation once u register Alphard. Sound scary...

luvcar

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

luvcar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Also, why no one bringing in the Estima Hybrid since there is no tax for 2011. Naza used to bring and it was sold at about RM245K (2008 or 2009 car, forgot), I think. If no tax, it is be pretty much below RM 200K.

casonho

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:45 AM

casonho

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Yeah!!! I also looking for Recon Estima but worry about the quality of the Car.

Any Big Problem for Estima 2006 onwards caz i saw the price dropping quite fast.

Any Master Can advise me!!!

ymfoo

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

ymfoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
QUOTE (luvcar @ Dec 9 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My friend bought the 06 "G" package with Auto Cruise one at RM 205K just end of last year. Now, the same spec is selling at RM 178K. Almost RM 30K drop in the same year. So, I assume the depreciation is pretty high too, unlike usual Toyota cars. I was told by an insurance agent, the depreciation for Estima is still not as bad as the Alphard. For that, you have to prepare almost 50% depreciation once u register Alphard. Sound scary...

1. You must understand a brand new G Estima sells about RM115,000 (Yen 3,100,000).

When I bought my Estima (4 years old) a few years back , the AP shows it was USD5,000. Of course it was underdeclared. Even at 60% depreciation, the total value including all taxes would not exceed RM 100K. It was sold to me at RM160K. So you can imagine the kind of profit margin we are talking about.

Each AP is worth RM40-60K in the open market.

2. What ever amount they sell to you, they make a huge profit. How much discount they want to give depends on how much they intend to make. The better the demand, the greater the profit.

3. During Hari Raya sales, an Aeras G 2009 model sells at RM255K at Naza. Last month during the OMG sales, the same sells for RM223K. A drop of RM30K only over 3 months!

I believe they can give you a 50K discount and still make a lot of profit.

That is why so many ppl are calling to abolish this open AP, it is like the Government putting money in their pocket.

Cars, Oh cars......

alldisc

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (luvcar @ Dec 9 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

luvcar,

a depreciation of 15% for the "first" year is pretty decent for any car in malaysia. as mentioned by ymfoo, this grey import market is beyong control by anyone - even the G. so the price can go yo-yo at any time depending on demand/supply and season.

for a BMW worth 900K new, during its first year it can depreciate as much as 135K, down to 765K but as not many people interested to purchase a used BMW or anything at 700K++, the drop may go as high as 18-23%!!.

back to your quote - a drop of 30K is not unusual for vehicles of these prices.

kayeso72

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

kayeso72

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Dec 18 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
luvcar,

a depreciation of 15% for the "first" year is pretty decent for any car in malaysia. as mentioned by ymfoo, this grey import market is beyong control by anyone - even the G. so the price can go yo-yo at any time depending on demand/supply and season.

for a BMW worth 900K new, during its first year it can depreciate as much as 135K, down to 765K but as not many people interested to purchase a used BMW or anything at 700K++, the drop may go as high as 18-23%!!.

back to your quote - a drop of 30K is not unusual for vehicles of these prices.

Hi, Where can I find Estima ACR50 manual?

kayeso72

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:57 AM

kayeso72

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
How to check gearbox fluid level? Failed to locate the dipstick. Is there any indication at dashboard for low gearbox fluid quantity?

roocarroll

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:46 AM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
I've never understood why Malaysians love reconditioned cars. Is it just because they are different?