Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Fun-to-drive Trunk Roads

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (BabyGod @ Dec 28 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scare me, if you checked your previous replies in page 1 you mentioned the "Late" William Mei. Hence the post.
I got to know him because Dad was very involved with Rallying back in the 80s and 90s till the big fiasco where a certain idiot crashed his car into a competitor during ROM. However dad never participated, but more of team management and officiating events. As for me, i've a long way to catch up with you experienced guys. I'm unfortunately still a young ciku.

I wanna go rallying but no money. Only a mere mortal who's still stuck in the rat race.
Actually which would cost less to prepare and participate in? MSS or MRC? Assuming the lowest class?

Only fear is that coming from a circuit racing background, the fear of crashing while rallying is there.

That is why your id is baby..... smile_big.gif
Means you are like rallychamp. Those who know yesterdays rally kakis were actually their dads...... smile_wink.gif
If know them at that time will be unker like me...... tongue.gif

rallychamp

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (BabyGod @ Dec 28 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scare me, if you checked your previous replies in page 1 you mentioned the "Late" William Mei. Hence the post.
I got to know him because Dad was very involved with Rallying back in the 80s and 90s till the big fiasco where a certain idiot crashed his car into a competitor during ROM. However dad never participated, but more of team management and officiating events. As for me, i've a long way to catch up with you experienced guys. I'm unfortunately still a young ciku.

I wanna go rallying but no money. Only a mere mortal who's still stuck in the rat race.
Actually which would cost less to prepare and participate in? MSS or MRC? Assuming the lowest class?

Only fear is that coming from a circuit racing background, the fear of crashing while rallying is there.

my mistake there...coz at the time of typing suddenly i remember someone who crash heavily in mazda 323 interplay during rally in malaysia back then....

yep....the last ROM 96' by far the best or the worst.....best due to international all star gathering here in ROM....worst....yeah..only 6stage left after that idiotic crash incident....(i got pict. for that crashed corolla wrc Y.Fujimoto)

well...i think better we create some rally discussion topic and have chat there..good for other who might interested in rally also..rite???

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Dec 28 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my mistake there...coz at the time of typing suddenly i remember someone who crash heavily in mazda 323 interplay during rally in malaysia back then....

yep....the last ROM 96' by far the best or the worst.....best due to international all star gathering here in ROM....worst....yeah..only 6stage left after that idiotic crash incident....(i got pict. for that crashed corolla wrc Y.Fujimoto)

well...i think better we create some rally discussion topic and have chat there..good for other who might interested in rally also..rite???

Wonder got how many rally kakis here??

rallychamp

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:21 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 28 2010, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonder got how many rally kakis here??

dunnow....

but i've create a new topic down there for those who might interested

http://forum.autowor...showtopic=97142

cum cum join.. smile_big.gif

(NFS Underground)

alldisc

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 28 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is because KL where got winding road anymore. If have also, highways pillars over it..... smile_blackeye.gif
That is why the outskirts trunk roads appears...... smile_wink.gif

got lah!!
around mid valley there many twisting roads what? smile_tongue.gif smile_approve.gif

BabyGod

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

BabyGod

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 831 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 28 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Means you are like rallychamp. Those who know yesterdays rally kakis were actually their dads...... smile_wink.gif

Yeah lah what to do...
My ID is Baby because the closest i can be to Tommi Makinen is to be associated with his former team and car he rallied b4 he join MissiBitchy kekeke.

See u on the other rally thread.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

alldisc

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 28 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

luckily, i am somewhere in between. i was mid-teen when Ross Dunkerton were a legend in ROM with Galant VR4. if not mistaken, the flying sikh Karamjit was driving a normally aspirated FWD Proton Saga Magma, not even prepared by Ralli Art also.

BabyGod

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

BabyGod

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 831 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Dec 28 2010, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
luckily, i am somewhere in between. i was mid-teen when Ross Dunkerton were a legend in ROM with Galant VR4. if not mistaken, the flying sikh Karamjit was driving a normally aspirated FWD Proton Saga Magma, not even prepared by Ralli Art also.

Wow i must be 12 back then when i watched my last ROM back in 1996 when Tem Tein was around rallying in a Celica GT Four. The times b4 their corporate colours were green and featuring Dampachi doll as their mascot.

If i recall back as a kid I sat shotgun in a TTM Celica GT Four with Jeff Portman behind the wheels asking an innocent question why's the car so slow? LOL.

U guys wanna continue talk cock sing song about rallying on this thread or migrate to the other thread?
BabyGodzillaGTi-R

rallychamp

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (BabyGod @ Dec 28 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow i must be 12 back then when i watched my last ROM back in 1996 when Tem Tein was around rallying in a Celica GT Four. The times b4 their corporate colours were green and featuring Dampachi doll as their mascot.

If i recall back as a kid I sat shotgun in a TTM Celica GT Four with Jeff Portman behind the wheels asking an innocent question why's the car so slow? LOL.

U guys wanna continue talk cock sing song about rallying on this thread or migrate to the other thread?

lets just keep this thread for fun road.. smile_thumbup.gif

(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Dec 28 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>