Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ipad Has Arrived In Malaysia!

• Please log in to reply

cbsteh

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Apple iPad is being sold today (Nov 30, 2010) in Malaysia! bek075.gif

The prices for them here are one of the cheapest in the world too. So, are you going to get one?

iPad sale in Malaysia

newcarfrk

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

newcarfrk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Nov 30 2010, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The prices for them here are one of the cheapest in the world too. So, are you going to get one?

iPad sale in Malaysia

Probably yes smile_sleepy.gif don't care if another new, supposedly much improved version is (allegedly) gonna be released soon in the US (iPad 2 or iPad HD or some other fancy name). Nearly surrendered to temptation and wanted to buy off an online reseller for RM17++ merely weeks ago, lucky I held off on that! smile_clown.gif RM1590 for the plain vanilla wifi version, can't lose with that price!

tpl

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Nov 30 2010, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

iPad sale in Malaysia

ya lo damn cheap... smile_disapprove.gif i bought mine long time ago more expensive
2012 NMT President

ycfoo

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
Q? what is the main used of an Ipad?

kaylcar

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
good question. smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (ycfoo @ Dec 1 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Q? what is the main used of an Ipad?

1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

shy78

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

shy78

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts
QUOTE (newcarfrk @ Nov 30 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably yes smile_sleepy.gif don't care if another new, supposedly much improved version is (allegedly) gonna be released soon in the US (iPad 2 or iPad HD or some other fancy name). Nearly surrendered to temptation and wanted to buy off an online reseller for RM17++ merely weeks ago, lucky I held off on that! smile_clown.gif RM1590 for the plain vanilla wifi version, can't lose with that price!

It's RM1,549 right? Don't forget to add RM100 for the external memory card slot!

tpl

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Dec 1 2010, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good question. smile_tongue.gif

main purpose is to kill time... all in one, its light so u can carry anywhere anytime with long battery life. One charger fits all (my car, iphone, ipad) and of course all the games, taking notes, browsing the net sometimes(browser not-so-user friendly) but its useful when you really wanted to surf something. Google map acts like GPS. On the plane watch video & listen to music. i think its quite useful. If you want more productivity(on work) you can always carry a netbook with you which i did, plug in a mobile broadband and off you go.
2012 NMT President

cbsteh

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Big crowd yesterday at Apple store at Midvalley.

I am not planning to get one any time soon. Instead, yesterday my office got me ... wait for it ... Amazon Kindle DX! smile_shock.gif

I do a lot of reading, so this device suits me more than iPad. Reading text on backlit screen for a long time hurts and tires the eyes, but no problem for Kindle. Its screen text looks like printed on paper. When I first opened the box, I thought Amazon had stuck a piece of paper on the screen asking me to first charge my unit before using it.

I tried peeling off the paper but couldn't. I grumbled about why on earth Amazon would want to use such a strong glue to stick a paper on the screen (of all places). Only later did I realize that I was looking at the screen, not paper! smile_blush.gif

torquemax

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:38 AM

torquemax

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Dec 2 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big crowd yesterday at Apple store at Midvalley.

I am not planning to get one any time soon. Instead, yesterday my office got me ... wait for it ... Amazon Kindle DX! smile_shock.gif

I do a lot of reading, so this device suits me more than iPad. Reading text on backlit screen for a long time hurts and tires the eyes, but no problem for Kindle. Its screen text looks like printed on paper. When I first opened the box, I thought Amazon had stuck a piece of paper on the screen asking me to first charge my unit before using it.

I tried peeling off the paper but couldn't. I grumbled about why on earth Amazon would want to use such a strong glue to stick a paper on the screen (of all places). Only later did I realize that I was looking at the screen, not paper! smile_blush.gif

Yeah right !

netmaestro

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

netmaestro

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 999 posts
Bought mine overseas a few months back. Paid a premium for being an early adopter but think it was worth it. I use PC heavily for work and casual use - lots of reading and researching. So for this purpose, iPad is very handy. Really portable for "read-only" use. Forget about word-processing and spreadsheet due to on-screen keyboard format, unless only minimal typing.

I bought the basic unit : Wifi only, 16GB as that is sufficient for me. If you are buying one, think if you really need 3G access and the 32 or 64GB (mainly for video).

On major shortcoming (for now) is lack of Adobe Flash support which means many website games, videos etc dont come through. I think I read this will be solved eventually.

NetMaestro

Now a Apple supporter : iPad original (free from company), iPod nano (free from AMEX), iPhone 3Gs (own), now iPad(own)