Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Waja Restoration Project

• Please log in to reply

nofear1979

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (wajakaren @ Dec 1 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also changed my fuel filter when I brought the car for routine service last saturday. Sourced the fuel filter from PESC - RM3x.xx (can't remember exact figure). The fuel filter was last changed when my fuel pump caput last year. When my current mechanic removed the old one, to my horror, I found out the old one was cap ayam .... bast**d! The prev mechanic promised me all parts will be ori.

Now I wonder whether the fuel pump also was cap ayam. There have been strong smell of petrol in the cabin lately...

before the fuel pump fail, normally u can smell the petrol liao.... o....
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

ntc2000

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (wajakaren @ Dec 1 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sifus, any advice for front seat replacement?

New vs recon?
If recon, civic? mitsu? toyota?

And in the long run, I plan to add leather to make the seats look uniform and make the car look more classy

bout leather, u can cari those LEC brand pvc leather... i use 4 year alr still sui sui ...

rallychamp

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 1 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice sharing thread...

wajakaren, waja lower arm is the famous... make sure ur mech install in proper way... there is difference between right n left.... some sohai mech can install terbalik, left to right, right to left...

regarding bushes, depends on the condition, normally when they repair my junk, i will go down into "tunnel" together and check for the bushes... mine bush rubber still sui sui n my mech say no need replace....

only worry for the fuel pump...

about waja fuel pump no need to worry la...

actually most of the time pump not kong....but the wire connector on the pump itself kong....can be repaired on the spot...i've read about it somewhere in waja forum.... smile_approve.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

nofear1979

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Dec 1 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually most of the time pump not kong....but the wire connector on the pump itself kong....can be repaired on the spot...i've read about it somewhere in waja forum.... smile_approve.gif

just remember.. yayayay.... smile_thumbup.gif
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

ntc2000

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Dec 1 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

any pictures ah?

that day my mech only show me the current socket only... not the socket on fuel pump woh.... afraid later short circuit and burn kaw the petrol then u see me in newspaper liao... "SOHAI try to repair wajunk fuel pump and burn kaw the junk"...

Gunnerzz

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (wajakaren @ Dec 1 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sifus, any advice for front seat replacement?

New vs recon?
If recon, civic? mitsu? toyota?

And in the long run, I plan to add leather to make the seats look uniform and make the car look more classy

Add leather now lah........

wajakaren

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

wajakaren

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Dec 2 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Add leather now lah........

Front seat oredi kempis ... Both me & wife r heavyweights smile_approve.gif

Anyway, I have been 'terpikat' with toyota seg seats. siok ... just asked 1 shop but he 'forced' me to take whole set (incl rear seats)... i said dowan.

wajakaren

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

wajakaren

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
Just came back from cushion shop after re-installing the stock rear seats after washing. Now only can appreciate my new suspension ... feel like new smile_thumbup.gif

But I also realize the steering + tie rod end also needs restoration to complete the 'new feeling' smile_angry.gif ... waiting for my next paycheck

fauzif

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:21 AM

fauzif

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (wajakaren @ Dec 2 2010, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just came back from cushion shop after re-installing the stock rear seats after washing. Now only can appreciate my new suspension ... feel like new smile_thumbup.gif

But I also realize the steering + tie rod end also needs restoration to complete the 'new feeling' smile_angry.gif ... waiting for my next paycheck

Keep update bro ur restoration activities..i luv to read it....tq smile_thumbup.gif

ntc2000

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (wajakaren @ Dec 2 2010, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice sharing... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif