Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Teana Or Sonata Yf

• Please log in to reply

paulkky

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

paulkky

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Dear all

Been to both showroom and tested both car...2.5 Teana & 2.4 Sonata...
Now dont no which one to choose..

Both cars have its strength and weakness
Teana is a comfy and high class looks, like the comfy but the interior dash really a let down.
Sonata is a head turner but the quality is not as good as Teana. But wht i really worry is the resale value after 4-5yrs.

What you guys think....i have the budget but cant choose between the two....

Cheers

sunyatsen

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (paulkky @ Nov 26 2010, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all

Teana is a comfy and high class looks, like the comfy but the interior dash really a let down.
Sonata is a head turner but the quality is not as good as Teana. But wht i really worry is the resale value after 4-5yrs.

Cheers

If you are worried about quality and 2nd hand value, Japanese vehicles always have the edge against the Korean mades (as of now). I will not comment about looks as it is subjective. I'll not talk about price as you have budget for both (but u can save more money with the Sonata) . If you are talking about performance, the Teana wins hands down and is creamy smooth. About handling, I think Sonata is slightly better although I have yet to get the chance to test them at high speed. If you are aspiring to link your image to a towkay, the Teana is definitely going to do a better job due to its stronger brand image and the design (just my personal opinion).

swinee

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
ok if for 2.0 teana vs YF, i would say my choice easily go to YF..because the 2.0 teana just phailed..
cant imagine a d seg car without leather wrap steering and gear knob, nvm the below par performance by MR20DE on the 1.4 ton teana..it is a real let down..tried the car, it really need some rev to get the car going.. smile_blackeye.gif

but for ur case of 2.5 teana vs 2.4 YF.. is the other way round, i 'll swing my way towards teana..
the VQ25DE altot having 185 hp, due the the CVT, u wont feel the pulling power is there, but certainly it is eenuf to for this 1.5 ton machine..the creamy smooth engine and quiet ride is better than the theta 2 on YF..

and wit almost similar spec like those push start/esp/..they area almost the same..nothing much to shout about..but in terms of comfort, teana is on the upper hand..the car handles well on the uneven road..filter out almost everything..and wit nice cabin insulation..bodyroll is a bit high..but hey..this is a comfort executive sedan..so who cares..

for YF, the engine insulation is a bit intrusive..and when going thru uneven road..it doesnt handle as well as teana..the low seating position at the back not so suitable for the elder..and the roof room also a bit low compare to teana..but in terms of overall design YF have the sharp looking which could standout among the crowd...teana is a bit "tone down"..

well as always Nissan always build a reliable and simple car, so their dash is nth to shout about compare to YF..but the final verdict i'll still take teana 2.5 over YF2.4...of cos i would really hope that the VQ is not pair wit the cvt..the cvt just take some ommphh of the VQ..and i am not a fan of CVT..

my 2 cents smile_blush.gif

darreltian

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
I sat inside Teana, felt like in 'upgraded' accord or camry - still executive level
I sat inside Sonata, felt like sitting inside a luxury car and I tend to stay inside its plushy cabin longer smile_thumbup.gif
ps: the dashboard is hitting my left knee and i need to sit really back....not good for > 1.7m folks!

On-the-outside
Teana : Front OK but the rear looks 'cacat' - rear lamp and angle bumper don't blend with the car
Sylphy is opposite : rear OK but front awkward look
Guess nissan current designers are obsessed with ultraman or space cop gaban smile_big.gif
Sonata : smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif

Teana weighs > 1.5 ton and achieved 6 stars crash rating (told by salesman)....wonder how well the engine can pull this mammoth?..2.0L HP is < 140 only and sonata already 164hp!!.... can forget about good FC regardless of claimed X-Tronic and CVT coz the salesman who owned a sylphy told me his FC combine drive was 20 cents....that is not good for kajang drive as the traffic here is not really congested

2.0L and 2.5L Teana are CKD
Towkay buys CBU cars lar.....

fred88

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

fred88

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
what about s40 or mondeo if compared to these two?
any inputs?

darreltian

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (fred88 @ Nov 26 2010, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what about s40 or mondeo if compared to these two?
any inputs?

Over-qualified smile_question.gif smile_tongue.gif

Anyway it is good to have new model D-segment sedan on our road tho' I heard Teana was launched back in 2008....really boring to see only accord and camry on our roads

tron

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

tron

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
I think the interior on the Teana is straightforward, a bit boring but feel is better. Sonata's dash is well designed but plasticky and quality nothing to shout about. Quality also applies to the overall of the car...

QUOTE (paulkky @ Nov 26 2010, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all

Cheers

Halem

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

Halem

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts
In the first place these 2 car should not be compared against each other at all, as there are different concept car, those who like one would not like the other.

I have doubtful that the purpose to start this thread is to compare 2 car and then choose which to buy.

It more likely to be a "Fawning" of Great the Sonata beat New Teana in every way.

Infact this appear in every Nissan model, as those Kimchian Advocate is pushing hard for their car to taking over 3rd place non national car throne in Satuland.

Limbo Rock "How Low Can One Go" sleep.gif

kswei

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:edu#~#homefam#~#motoring#~#sports
my choice for 2.0 will go for sonata, 2.0 tala power for teano for the 1.5 ton,
2.4 vs 2.5 i will go for teana.

Also, if you are older, take teana, more tauke look, if you are younger, take sonata, younger and stylish look..

a bit like u choose bmw vs merc.. haha..
1st Member of AW Since 1999

fox68

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:40 AM

fox68

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Nov 26 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok if for 2.0 teana vs YF, i would say my choice easily go to YF..because the 2.0 teana just phailed..
cant imagine a d seg car without leather wrap steering and gear knob, nvm the below par performance by MR20DE on the 1.4 ton teana..it is a real let down..tried the car, it really need some rev to get the car going.. smile_blackeye.gif

but for ur case of 2.5 teana vs 2.4 YF.. is the other way round, i 'll swing my way towards teana..
the VQ25DE altot having 185 hp, due the the CVT, u wont feel the pulling power is there, but certainly it is eenuf to for this 1.5 ton machine..the creamy smooth engine and quiet ride is better than the theta 2 on YF..

and wit almost similar spec like those push start/esp/..they area almost the same..nothing much to shout about..but in terms of comfort, teana is on the upper hand..the car handles well on the uneven road..filter out almost everything..and wit nice cabin insulation..bodyroll is a bit high..but hey..this is a comfort executive sedan..so who cares..

for YF, the engine insulation is a bit intrusive..and when going thru uneven road..it doesnt handle as well as teana..the low seating position at the back not so suitable for the elder..and the roof room also a bit low compare to teana..but in terms of overall design YF have the sharp looking which could standout among the crowd...teana is a bit "tone down"..

well as always Nissan always build a reliable and simple car, so their dash is nth to shout about compare to YF..but the final verdict i'll still take teana 2.5 over YF2.4...of cos i would really hope that the VQ is not pair wit the cvt..the cvt just take some ommphh of the VQ..and i am not a fan of CVT..

my 2 cents smile_blush.gif

Agree with you that the 2.5l Teana wins hands down and the interior is worth the money spent as compared to the 2.0l Teana while the 2.4l YF Sonata is not so smooth and the engine sounds trashy, maybe not enuf soundproofing? Funny that the V6 on the Nissan sounds better than the V6 on the Merc E280 and C300..I tot shd be better..3 point star, mah. Maybe bro. Gunner can compare for us?

Interior of both YFs are about the same, and has sunroof..well truthfully, how many of us actually open the sunroof in the day or night? Novelty will wear off soon enuf. Better to go for a car with cheaper maintenance and low fuel consumption, I think the 2.5 Teana's consumption should be better compared to the Camry and Accord as its a V6....really need bro Gunner here smile.gif

Nissans are funny cars, they do not catch your sight the first tme you see it...need to sit down and look closely, feel the car, sit in the cockpit, test drive for at least half hour, take longer journeys from the showroom and then you will begin to see its worth...unless you are looking at the 370Z or GT-R..then your heart stops a beat tongue.gif and you will pay for it gladly if you have the money, as the heart will overide the head!

I'm driving a Grand Livina 1.8, a car that I never bothered to test drive or give another look 2 years ago and when I test drove my bro inlaw's NGL 3 months ago, I immediately paid the deposit the next day! I now like the wooden/leather steering (not many luxury cars have these) and the quiet engine..and big boot..as compared to my previous Waja. I would have bought the Sylphy with the free Impul kit if I had money to spare but now I'm thinking of the Teana in 2 years time, when my wife's Myvi gives itself up and TC starts having offers again. H.Accords are nice to look at but not that great to drive and many older Ah Bengs are driving it...and wannabes...too bad Camry is still unker car and I'm no spring chicken too! tongue.gif