Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Rondo Steering Rack Problem

• Please log in to reply

jayraptor

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (rondolim @ Nov 25 2010, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My rondo just done about 30K however started to show problem one by one, first the engine oil sump pan gasket leaking, then absorber problem, and now steering rack problem. I am working in Korea and using korea car which I brought it to use it there and now already 6months without any problem.
That give the confident that Korea car are good quality.. however over in Malaysia..I was very surprise that at such low mileage starte dto show problem....and to claim for repaired take a few months to get spared part....Very disappointed the the local company agency for KIA.. For yr info in Korea they will loan you the same car during your car under repair at NO cost ...

when Malaysia can have these kind of service...???

To all my rondo owner ,, pls input yr data or problem here......Thanks you.

Let me guess, you guys send your Kia's to NAZA SC? If you don't want warranty void, you can sneak over to Hyundai SC to service. You can use parts from Sonata NF for your Rondo. The last and my only time I sent my Forte to Naza SC ended with near disaster just because they forgot to tighten 1 single bolt. I send my Forte to Hyundai-sub franchised SC owned by electronic crazy mad scientist. He's so good that even Honda and Nissan owners send their cars there. I think they don't eat enough rice to tighten bolts and nuts tight enough causing all the ruckus.

jacst

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

jacst

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jan 14 2011, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... I send my Forte to Hyundai-sub franchised SC owned by electronic crazy mad scientist. He's so good that even Honda and Nissan owners send their cars there...

Can share the crazy mad scientist address & phone number?

jayraptor

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jacst @ Jan 14 2011, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can share the crazy mad scientist address & phone number?

If he didn't change his number. His shop in Puchong near that Nissan showroom just behind it.

Mr How 019-3131 856 / 03-5891 1723

sugen

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
bad news...my car Steering rack oil shield bocor.. all fluid leak out and causes the steering hard to turn.. I have to keep topping up the fluid before reaching SC.. Being diagnosed and confirm steering rack oil shield bocor.. haz... i clamed the rack before on 45k KM... now it is only clocked at 80k KM and the shield give away.. hazzzz.. anyone have this problem?

lionelstep

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
Sorry to hear that...

setisfai

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

setisfai

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
sugen, appreciate if u can share with us the steering rack oil shield leaking picture if you have so everyone can check on their own. It is noticeable other than steering hard to turn?

I have never change steering rack but I do notice knock sound when turning right/left.

sugen

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
Steering rack repair done @ KIA JNS. A great repair job. The steering became lighter and it did not "fight" back when i turn it right/left during idle.. All the while i have these problem of heavy steering compare to others Rondo. And the steering "fight" back when i turn left/right during idle time..Now the issue is solved.

About the "tok" sound.. I did notice it when i my car parked at 30% slop do the turning. Not sure is this a symptom for the break down..

I have no picture as the car is with SC for 3D 2N for this repair..

QUOTE (setisfai @ Jan 12 2012, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sugen, appreciate if u can share with us the steering rack oil shield leaking picture if you have so everyone can check on their own. It is noticeable other than steering hard to turn?

I have never change steering rack but I do notice knock sound when turning right/left.