Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Problems On New Camry 2.0/2.4 (acv40/acv41)?

• Please log in to reply

snowy4ever

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

snowy4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
Hi all toyota fans & camry owners,

I am looking at the Camry and Accord at the moment, can't make up my mind. Could anyone please help and comment on the
experiences or problems faced with the Camry? Many thanks first.. wink.gif

simonlim

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:30 AM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (snowy4ever @ Nov 22 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all toyota fans & camry owners,

I am looking at the Camry and Accord at the moment, can't make up my mind. Could anyone please help and comment on the
experiences or problems faced with the Camry? Many thanks first.. wink.gif

i suggest u read the thread of Camry 2.0/2.4 Discussion Part #2 which has over 200 pages, if u dont mind. most owners discuss there and maybe u could spend some time and follow it to get more details of the camry..it might significantly help u in deciding over ur choice..
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

Justicebao

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Nov 23 2010, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i suggest u read the thread of Camry 2.0/2.4 Discussion Part #2 which has over 200 pages, if u dont mind. most owners discuss there and maybe u could spend some time and follow it to get more details of the camry..it might significantly help u in deciding over ur choice..

200++ pages can be a bit turn off -OR- informative smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif
Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

simonlim

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (Justicebao @ Nov 23 2010, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
200++ pages can be a bit turn off -OR- informative smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif

hahaha smile_big.gif well, that's the thing, too informative until it's actually a turn off musik19.gif
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

suriababes

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

suriababes

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
i kinda pissed off with toyota now coz have problem with their standard...my company have 2 camry with the same break system problem..what happen is when i drive above 110 n step on the break..the whole car vibrate..so my boss send his to PJ branch, did some test and change the entire break system...

for my case i send in to cheras branch, did the same test and they said i need to skin the break padel first, try for a while and if the same thing happen only then they change to new part...WTF!!!!! same car same problem but different service... smile_angry.gif

manfisto

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

manfisto

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
QUOTE (suriababes @ Nov 23 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i kinda pissed off with toyota now coz have problem with their standard...my company have 2 camry with the same break system problem..what happen is when i drive above 110 n step on the break..the whole car vibrate..so my boss send his to PJ branch, did some test and change the entire break system...

for my case i send in to cheras branch, did the same test and they said i need to skin the break padel first, try for a while and if the same thing happen only then they change to new part...WTF!!!!! same car same problem but different service... smile_angry.gif

I'm a camry owner. So far so good for me. I thought only accord have this issue. guess japan cars is not as good as last time??

simonlim

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:37 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (suriababes @ Nov 23 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

every car has some minor and little manufacturing defects, would you say a merc is totally problem-free? if it could be solved, it's not a problem. u havent meet any "unsolvable" problems yet, so cool down and dont blame the car. every service center has their own judgment to problem solving and they will definitely test it to diagnose properly. they will not change anything the part if they think it's not defective. every SC also has their experiences of handling problems of the cars brought in, so take it easy and let them do their work. and, every car is driven in totally different manner, so u cannot blame toyota.

for ur problem, u mean really the WHOLE CAR VIBRATING or just the steering wheel vibrates when u step on the brake? i dont understand WHOLE CAR vibrating, can u explain clearer please?
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

BlackMist

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

BlackMist

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
Snowy

Have you considered the nes Hyundai Sonata? The feedback from owners has been very good and also in alot of reviews the car is actualy better than te Toyota and Honda in many areas.

Please don't think that the FC is bad, because the fact is, it is better than both the Camry and Accord.

snowy4ever

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:32 AM

snowy4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
QUOTE (BlackMist @ Nov 23 2010, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snowy

Have you considered the nes Hyundai Sonata? The feedback from owners has been very good and also in alot of reviews the car is actualy better than te Toyota and Honda in many areas.

Please don't think that the FC is bad, because the fact is, it is better than both the Camry and Accord.

yes blackmist, new Sonata/i45 is in my list of consideration as well.. just that i am a little less confident in Korean cars as many models of Korean cars face the same problem - water boiling easily and need to do top overhaul most of the times.. many people think that it's because of the climate and weather as it's HOT most of the times in m'sia here..

i am interested in its warranty of 5 years/300,000 km which is quite impossible to reach 300k km in 5 years.. the sunroof is very cool, i like it the most.. but the rear passenger space is not that spacious as compared to accord, i am tall and my family members too.. i wonder how about the maintenance cost is, will check it out in the hyundai corner later.. wink.gif

snowy4ever

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

snowy4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Nov 23 2010, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
every car has some minor and little manufacturing defects, would you say a merc is totally problem-free? if it could be solved, it's not a problem. u havent meet any "unsolvable" problems yet, so cool down and dont blame the car. every service center has their own judgment to problem solving and they will definitely test it to diagnose properly. they will not change anything the part if they think it's not defective. every SC also has their experiences of handling problems of the cars brought in, so take it easy and let them do their work. and, every car is driven in totally different manner, so u cannot blame toyota.

for ur problem, u mean really the WHOLE CAR VIBRATING or just the steering wheel vibrates when u step on the brake? i dont understand WHOLE CAR vibrating, can u explain clearer please?

for toyota personally, i have faced this problem of whole car vibrating and not only the steering wheel when braking.. i am not driving over 100km/h when i brake.. the reason given to me was that the disc brakes ran out of shape because they met with some water when they were hot before.. one solution - change to new disc brakes, skimming disc won't solve this...