Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sonata Yf

• Please log in to reply

limseng

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

limseng

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
PC110648.JPG
Hi bro,Congras!At last ur stork has finally delivered.I hav just done Sierra Glow on 10/12/10.
Tis is my RED beauty.
QUOTE (batman72 @ Dec 11 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My car has arrived in port Klang last week. Hope to get it before Christmas. Anyway I have some additional questions on the car:

1. Can it run on Ron 95 fuel?
2. Heard abbot Sierra Glow. What is so good about it? If I were to wax myself will there be a different?
3. Plan to install brake lock and do tinting. Can't remember the SA mention watt brand but he says RM1300 can cover whole car plus panoramic roof. Do u think it is a good bargain?

xdaejon

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:03 PM

xdaejon

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
QUOTE (batman72 @ Dec 11 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My car has arrived in port Klang last week. Hope to get it before Christmas. Anyway I have some additional questions on the car:

1. Can it run on Ron 95 fuel?
2. Heard abbot Sierra Glow. What is so good about it? If I were to wax myself will there be a different?
3. Plan to install brake lock and do tinting. Can't remember the SA mention watt brand but he says RM1300 can cover whole car plus panoramic roof. Do u think it is a good bargain?

Hi batman,

As rick said, RON 95 is ocay... I used to 97 but when referred to manual, outside europe RN91 and above is ocay for Sonata YF so I refuel with RON95 and everything just fine... Run about 160 km/h yesterday and almost caught by traffic trap about Taiping exit but luckily there is another car in front of me so I slow down and very2 lucky... So far, in all driving condition everything just fine but not try Cameron yet... Maybe coming January but some of the members has done it...

Cheers

batman72

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

batman72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Dec 12 2010, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi batman72,

1. YES it can run on Ron 95. Infact I have mine running since day 1 till now. no problem.
If u do Sierra Glow, u don't hav eto wax your car and it should have the shine for 5 years. As for beading, it should last about 1-2 years. refer to www. sierraglow.com.my for more info. I have also done Sierra Glow on my Sonata YF, happy with it.
3. I would suggest that you do thetinting on your own at some of the reputable brands. I have mine done with 3M cystalline and happy with it. Not security film as it is not necessary and clearer. A lot of SA will do the tinting for u with some non proven brands and will probably have problem after 1-2 years later.

If you are interested to chat a bit more your Sonata YF and where to do what, call me at 012-2244122. I will be glad to help and also hope that u will join us the Sonata YF owners future gathering.
smile.gif

Hi ricprom, that's for the information. It is great to know the car can run on Ron 95. It is kind of exciting knowing that the car is already on Malaysian shores but I do hope it will come before Christmas. I would like to drive it back to my home town up north. BTW I'm surprised that Sierra glow can last for five years!!! I mean after washing the car will it still have that silky smooth texture when you touch the car and when it rains, does it repel the rain. I used to wax the car myself every weekend using soft 99 products n usually after waxing, the touch feeling is silky smooth and when it rains, you will see the water droplets like bubbles on the paint surface. The car hardly gets wet as the rain water repels easily. If Sierra glow can really have this silky smooth effect for five years and continue to repel rain water, I would be compel to give it a try. I will try to get the name of the tinting brand and post it up here and see what feedback I get. I do not want to spent too much on the tinting as I plan to leave some budget for the brake locks and also I might change the car horn.

batman72

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:49 PM

batman72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Dec 12 2010, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi batman72,

1. YES it can run on Ron 95. Infact I have mine running since day 1 till now. no problem.
If u do Sierra Glow, u don't hav eto wax your car and it should have the shine for 5 years. As for beading, it should last about 1-2 years. refer to www. sierraglow.com.my for more info. I have also done Sierra Glow on my Sonata YF, happy with it.
3. I would suggest that you do thetinting on your own at some of the reputable brands. I have mine done with 3M cystalline and happy with it. Not security film as it is not necessary and clearer. A lot of SA will do the tinting for u with some non proven brands and will probably have problem after 1-2 years later.

If you are interested to chat a bit more your Sonata YF and where to do what, call me at 012-2244122. I will be glad to help and also hope that u will join us the Sonata YF owners future gathering.
smile.gif

Hi ricprom, that's for the information. It is great to know the car can run on Ron 95. It is kind of exciting knowing that the car is already on Malaysian shores but I do hope it will come before Christmas. I would like to drive it back to my home town up north. BTW I'm surprised that Sierra glow can last for five years!!! I mean after washing the car will it still have that silky smooth texture when you touch the car and when it rains, does it repel the rain. I used to wax the car myself every weekend using soft 99 products n usually after waxing, the touch feeling is silky smooth and when it rains, you will see the water droplets like bubbles on the paint surface. The car hardly gets wet as the rain water repels easily. If Sierra glow can really have this silky smooth effect for five years and continue to repel rain water, I would be compel to give it a try. I will try to get the name of the tinting brand and post it up here and see what feedback I get. I do not want to spent too much on the tinting as I plan to leave some budget for the brake locks and also I might change the car horn.

batman72

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

batman72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
QUOTE (limseng @ Dec 12 2010, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PC110648.JPG
Hi bro,Congras!At last ur stork has finally delivered.I hav just done Sierra Glow on 10/12/10.
Tis is my RED beauty.

Thanks limseng, I've not seen the real sonata in red. But I've seen the photos, amazingly beautiful. However I ordered the white color one, as I heard that was the fastest to arrive. Anyway I hope to get the car by this week or next week. Just keeping my fingers cross.

batman72

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

batman72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
QUOTE (xdaejon @ Dec 14 2010, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi batman,

As rick said, RON 95 is ocay... I used to 97 but when referred to manual, outside europe RN91 and above is ocay for Sonata YF so I refuel with RON95 and everything just fine... Run about 160 km/h yesterday and almost caught by traffic trap about Taiping exit but luckily there is another car in front of me so I slow down and very2 lucky... So far, in all driving condition everything just fine but not try Cameron yet... Maybe coming January but some of the members has done it...

Cheers

Hi xd, good to hear the car runs fine on Ron 95 fuel. I'm pretty sure the sonata will have no problem climbing the hill sloped of Cameron judging from the torque. My Altis with 150nM torque climbs hills very easily hence shd be a piece of cake for the sonata. I still don't see many sonatas on the road, but it's more common now then two months ago. I wonder do u guys who are already driving still get the stares from other people? Chuckle......

littlem

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:41 AM

littlem

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
QUOTE (batman72 @ Dec 15 2010, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi xd, good to hear the car runs fine on Ron 95 fuel. I'm pretty sure the sonata will have no problem climbing the hill sloped of Cameron judging from the torque. My Altis with 150nM torque climbs hills very easily hence shd be a piece of cake for the sonata. I still don't see many sonatas on the road, but it's more common now then two months ago. I wonder do u guys who are already driving still get the stares from other people? Chuckle......

Haha... last weekend I was on the way to PD and a slow traffic jam, and there's a white Sonata on the road, at the back of me (in middle/2nd lane). When I looked into the mirror, I saw there's a Civic (first lane and at the side of Sonata) forgotten to drive forward (maybe over whelmed by the Sonata), and there's a Mazda (3rd lane/slowest lane) purpose cut into the back of the White Sonata...

I believe the 'stares' still works nowadays... LOL~ smile_thumbup.gif

xdaejon

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

xdaejon

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
QUOTE (littlem @ Dec 15 2010, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha... last weekend I was on the way to PD and a slow traffic jam, and there's a white Sonata on the road, at the back of me (in middle/2nd lane). When I looked into the mirror, I saw there's a Civic (first lane and at the side of Sonata) forgotten to drive forward (maybe over whelmed by the Sonata), and there's a Mazda (3rd lane/slowest lane) purpose cut into the back of the White Sonata...

I think we will get the 'stares' for another month or two... Maybe I'm the only sonata running in northern part last weekend... Never see others and maybe others didn't see me as well... People still wondering what the car is it but with the commercial running on TV, people will get to know it sooner...

Are we likening of promoting Sonata? We should be asking something from HSDM...

Cheers

mr7077

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:40 PM

mr7077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
QUOTE (littlem @ Dec 15 2010, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehehe smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_cool.gif smile_big.gif

ricprom

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:13 PM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (batman72 @ Dec 14 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi batman,

Sierra Glow will have the clean smooth feeling and not the Oil smooth feeling that u get from waxing. According to Sierra Glow, the shine will last 5 years with the right care and the beading will last 1 year or more. U can see their web site at sierraglow.com.my for more details. What I like about it is easier to clean and dirt don't stick so much on the car. Waxing is taking too much of time and in the long run it can be a expensive affair especially you are into those branded ones.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com