Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Windguard Or Vkool

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:31 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Nov 28 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and they ask u peel on the spot...

Double layer means both have to come out......... smile_shock.gif

TSIJetta

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (hanuman @ Nov 10 2010, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looking for tint that could protect the windscreen & windows.. any brand to recommend.
wanna use for CRV.

You can opt for Huper Optik (German) or Extreme (USA). Try it out which one protects better. Dont go for Vkool if you have leather seat as the protection is not good enough. I'm using Extreme on all side except main windscreen, Vkool Elite on main windscreen, tested that Extreme is much better protection than Vkool. Regretted, should have gone for Huper Optik as price the same, but since dah install, guna until the next 4-5 years, then reinstall again.

Just my personal opinion.

Newkelisa

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ Dec 27 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can opt for Huper Optik (German) or Extreme (USA). Try it out which one protects better. Dont go for Vkool if you have leather seat as the protection is not good enough. I'm using Extreme on all side except main windscreen, Vkool Elite on main windscreen, tested that Extreme is much better protection than Vkool. Regretted, should have gone for Huper Optik as price the same, but since dah install, guna until the next 4-5 years, then reinstall again.

I've using Vkool - 4 years already and not so impressed with it. I have another car with 4 years old RikeCool - better than Vkool. Vkool over-rated in my opinion.

Can you elaborate on the leather protection? How is that measured and based on what?

And where did you get your Huper Optik and Extreme installed? I am interested in replacing my Vkool which is looking quite worn.

Thanks!~

TSIJetta

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (Newkelisa @ Dec 27 2010, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've using Vkool - 4 years already and not so impressed with it. I have another car with 4 years old RikeCool - better than Vkool. Vkool over-rated in my opinion.

Can you elaborate on the leather protection? How is that measured and based on what?

And where did you get your Huper Optik and Extreme installed? I am interested in replacing my Vkool which is looking quite worn.

Thanks!~

Bro, I got them from CV Auto, D'sara Uptown. Look for Peter, he'll advise you, but best is you test both. Personally, I prefer Huper as it got the heat rejection technology, instead of heat absorb tech.

CV Auto main is located at Kuchai Lama, onwer is Ah Wah, nice guy. So you can either go to uptown or Kuchai, whichever convinent. As for me now, Vkool is out from my list.

vr2turbo

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ Dec 27 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just my personal opinion.

Extreme is from what brand?
I just fitted extreme cool which is under Vkool. Formerly on Solar Guard which lasted me almost 10 years.
Finally saw them a bit blur and have turned brownish. At first wanted back Solar Guard but that shop run out of stock. Enough for 2 to 3 panels only, so they ask me to take extreme cool. Huper also have but more expensive.... smile_blackeye.gif

TSIJetta

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 27 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Extreme is from what brand?
I just fitted extreme cool which is under Vkool. Formerly on Solar Guard which lasted me almost 10 years.
Finally saw them a bit blur and have turned brownish. At first wanted back Solar Guard but that shop run out of stock. Enough for 2 to 3 panels only, so they ask me to take extreme cool. Huper also have but more expensive.... smile_blackeye.gif

Bro, it's Extreme cool from US, brought into MY by Vkool loh.... It's so much better than Vkool elite which is on my windscreen esp under the hot sun. Wanted to peel it off & fit Huper, but Peter says to wait for a few more years 1st loh..value for $$$ woh...

Anyway, I'll go for huper for my next ride/next film.

vr2turbo

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ Dec 27 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, it's Extreme cool from US, brought into MY by Vkool loh.... It's so much better than Vkool elite which is on my windscreen esp under the hot sun. Wanted to peel it off & fit Huper, but Peter says to wait for a few more years 1st loh..value for $$$ woh...

Anyway, I'll go for huper for my next ride/next film.

You mentioned price almost the same. The place I fitted Huper is more by RM300 plus over Extreme cool..... smile_shock.gif

TSIJetta

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 27 2010, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mentioned price almost the same. The place I fitted Huper is more by RM300 plus over Extreme cool..... smile_shock.gif

Peter, CV Auto uptown quoted me RM 1,800 for Huper ceramic 40 & RM 1,700 for Extreme (6mm) +Vkool Elite (windscreen). I believe it's a good price.

vr2turbo

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ Dec 27 2010, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Peter, CV Auto uptown quoted me RM 1,800 for Huper ceramic 40 & RM 1,700 for Extreme (6mm) +Vkool Elite (windscreen). I believe it's a good price.

6mm? Then it is different stuff. Mine normal tint only, non security...... smile_tongue.gif

yun

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:36 AM

yun

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
I have the same dillema as well.

I'm contemplating between Vkool and Huper Optik.

Used Vkool in 2 of my previous car, cost me a bomb of almost RM 2.3k and personally i find it just average, then again it's difficult to compare. And I hate being squeezed by the dealer who won't reduce the price even for long-time customer coz the guy know he monopolize the market up north.

Bought a VW recently and the SA recommended Huper Optik. Checked the website and seemed ok. The price is almost the same with Vkool, I think.

Any user here of Huper Optik? I only need tinting and no security film coz I think there'll be time when you'll need to break the window (touch wood). I would like a JPJ-approved tinting for my windscreen and darker tint on the others. What grades are there in Huper Optik?

Thanks!