Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

All Diesel Engine Eventually Need Overhaul?

• Please log in to reply

bwsy2002

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

bwsy2002

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Ok. Thanks.

Eventually, my car has been sent for complete overhaul.

But "overhaul' can sometimes be too general. Any experience sifus please dont mind to list down any part needs to be changed during complete overhaul? (Also prevent the mechanic to change any part "sesuka hati") Thanks.

QUOTE (GoToy @ Nov 15 2010, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

byebye2u

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:01 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (bwsy2002 @ Nov 15 2010, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok. Thanks.

Eventually, my car has been sent for complete overhaul.

But "overhaul' can sometimes be too general. Any experience sifus please dont mind to list down any part needs to be changed during complete overhaul? (Also prevent the mechanic to change any part "sesuka hati") Thanks.

hi bro..dah siap overhaul belum???how is it??

bwsy2002

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

bwsy2002

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Hi bro,

will go and get my car back from workshop this weekend. it takes about 2 weeks to get the car overhauled. This is becos there are 3 car waiting to be overhauled and i am number 4. All are prados and 1 kz engine (3 tz and 1 prado ex5) ..... dont know why only got prado..... Is it 1 kz engine so louzy meh.....?

Also, I recieved alot pros and cons about overhaul.

One uncle told me his prado has been 4 years on the road after overhaul and no problem at all, so far he is quite happy with the oberhaul.

but another young accessory shop tauke told me his 1kz engine blows up after 2000km mileage only....yes, i double check with him, his overhauled engine just managed to do 2000km !!!!! (cylinder head crack and piston damaged ). And finally he give up and buy a recon engine kosong cost him RM4500... (he spent about RM6000 to overhaul his original 1 kz engine)

Now what i can do is just pray lor.....nothing more can be done. Hopefully my car will be all right after overhaul.

QUOTE (byebye2u @ Nov 25 2010, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi bro..dah siap overhaul belum???how is it??

bwsy2002

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

bwsy2002

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Hi all,

Just wish to update that, my car has been driven back from the workshop after full overhaul.

So far, I am quite happy with the engine performance. amazingly it saves fuel than before. Before overhaul the fc is 6km/l and now it reaches 9km/l (mixed higher and town driving). quite happy so far.

Total cost is RM5500 which includes,

i) new 4 pistons
ii) new con-rod bearing
iii) new crankshaft bearing
iv) new cam shaft bearing
v) new timing belt & pulleys
vi) new water pump
vii) new foot mounting

Service parts include
i) valve regrinded
ii) engine blocked rebored to biggest size (without adding liner)
iii) cylinder head serviced and confirm no leaking.

So far mileage done about 1500km and engine running smooth. hopefully it will lasts me another 100k mileage b4 any major overhaul.