Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tyre Punctured Near Lcct

• Please log in to reply

Sanders

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

Sanders

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 517 posts
Was driving back with my wife from LCCT last Saturday evening. Heard a loud noise when approaching the small roundabout before you join back the main road leading to KLIA/KL/PJ. Thought it was caused by the lorry behind me. However later felt vibration of the wheel. Stopped by the road side (damned dangerous with all the big lorries and buses zooming past you but no choice) and found that the right rear tyre was stuck with a sharp 3 inches slightly bent steel rod smile_angry.gif

Just imagine if this happen to any lady driver driving alone at night smile_disapprove.gif So quickly replaced with the spare tyre and drove to the petrol station along the highway leading back towards PJ to ensure all the air pressure are uniform.

While driving off after replacing the punctured tyre, just about 1.5 km in front of my car, saw another poor man facing the same predicament and changing the tyre of his car as well at the roadside. Probably kena the same thing as me.

So posting this to warn forumners to be careful when using that stretch. To be fair, this is the first time it happened to me after so many trips to LCCT but what caused me to be suspicious is 2 cars kena at about the same area.

cbsteh

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:02 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Probably those sharp objects fell off a lorry and onto the road.
Thanks for the head up.

vr2turbo

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:06 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,464 posts
If you were approached by some mechanic to offer help, then something fishing....... smile_blackeye.gif

Sanders

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

Sanders

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 517 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 27 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you were approached by some mechanic to offer help, then something fishing....... smile_blackeye.gif

Nobody approached probably because they saw I was already changing the tyre. It may be different if a poor lady driver was standing helplessly by the road side. Quite scary to think of it. Won't ask my wife to fetch me from the airport again after that incident. Better be on the safe side and take a cab.

vr2turbo

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,464 posts
QUOTE (Sanders @ Oct 28 2010, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nobody approached probably because they saw I was already changing the tyre. It may be different if a poor lady driver was standing helplessly by the road side. Quite scary to think of it. Won't ask my wife to fetch me from the airport again after that incident. Better be on the safe side and take a cab.

Yup, true. I have heard of nails in motor cycle lane and a roaming repair man going round changing bike tubes.... smile_blackeye.gif
Tow trucks waiting in corners laced with oil...... smile_shock.gif
This could be another...... 1.gif

SplitFire

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:17 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 28 2010, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, true. I have heard of nails in motor cycle lane and a roaming repair man going round changing bike tubes.... smile_blackeye.gif
Tow trucks waiting in corners laced with oil...... smile_shock.gif
This could be another...... 1.gif

I saw some punk pouring oil onto the tarmac at Karak highway somewhere at that few tight bend just before the exit to Genting Highland. smile_angry.gif But that was quite a few years back then.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

rallychamp

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:32 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Oct 29 2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw some punk pouring oil onto the tarmac at Karak highway somewhere at that few tight bend just before the exit to Genting Highland. smile_angry.gif But that was quite a few years back then.

then why not u just ramm them with your tank....tell them its because the road slippery...can't control mah smile_tongue.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,464 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Oct 29 2010, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
then why not u just ramm them with your tank....tell them its because the road slippery...can't control mah smile_tongue.gif

Few years back got no tank smile_blackeye.gif .......ha! ha! smile_big.gif

SplitFire

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:39 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 29 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Few years back got no tank smile_blackeye.gif .......ha! ha! smile_big.gif

You right unker.....that time still with my beloved junk. smile_big.gif And it's opposite road mar...
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

vr2turbo

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,464 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Nov 1 2010, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You right unker.....that time still with my beloved junk. smile_big.gif And it's opposite road mar...

Lucky, because if you were on that road, sure skid liao and become his customer........ smile_shock.gif