Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Soon-to-be/interested Buyer's Questions On Rexton

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

mckhairie

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

mckhairie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
standard tactic by used car dealer tu .. smile.gif
2005 Black Rexton ::: Top Speed 110km/h

r3xt0n

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
Some Car Dealer actually really do not know about the difference between each spec, some don't even know the difference between RX290 Vs RX270 beside the engine and transmission different. So it is important for us to share facts and details to new buyers so they can make a better informed decision.

Of course, best of all is to have an experience bro to test drive together. We did have a check list that was made previously but was not used in practice. This could be useful to the new buyer too.

br1

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
REXTON is actually the most worth value for money SUV in Malaysia for a 2nd hand SUV at below 50K - mana boleh cari lagi?

r3xt0n

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Jul 27 2012, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
REXTON is actually the most worth value for money SUV in Malaysia for a 2nd hand SUV at below 50K - mana boleh cari lagi?

Right, some RX270 year 2005 is selling below RM50k but I would rather buy one in good condition rather than cheap. Not worth to save on purchase price but to spend more on repair later. Car purchase can be paid via installment but cash on repair cost.

mckhairie

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

mckhairie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Sometime, test drive won't help much because you only drive the car for a few minutes only. Like gearbox, injector, etc. Some of our member did experience after test drive car in good condition ... but a week or a month, car got prob... for me, sometime depend on our luck also ... but basic check on the car condition must be done smile.gif)

2005 Black Rexton ::: Top Speed 110km/h

mrezwan

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

mrezwan

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
QUOTE (mckhairie @ Jul 27 2012, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometime, test drive won't help much because you only drive the car for a few minutes only. Like gearbox, injector, etc. Some of our member did experience after test drive car in good condition ... but a week or a month, car got prob... for me, sometime depend on our luck also ... but basic check on the car condition must be done smile.gif)

ini yg susah...some people said it is value for money to get used rexton, some said it is risky to get used rexton

mrezwan

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

mrezwan

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Jul 27 2012, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, some RX270 year 2005 is selling below RM50k but I would rather buy one in good condition rather than cheap. Not worth to save on purchase price but to spend more on repair later. Car purchase can be paid via installment but cash on repair cost.

Hi Bro,

But how can we be sure that the expensive one is much better than the cheaper one? meaning that I should look for rexton that value above 50k? sorry I have no experienced in dealing with used car

br1

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (mrezwan @ Jul 31 2012, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro,

But how can we be sure that the expensive one is much better than the cheaper one? meaning that I should look for rexton that value above 50k? sorry I have no experienced in dealing with used car

buying a used car depends on luck sometimes, unless you knew the previous owner and his well kept & maintenance, even new cars also sometimes are lemon too!!!

ZZRPilot

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

ZZRPilot

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,590 posts
Hello all,

My NCB will hit max again next year, so it's time to change cars because hopefully I can transfer the discount when I but new insurance for a new car (I'm still too cheapskate to but a brand new car).

Initially, the low price of 5-year old Kia Sorentos in the market (well under RM50k) put the idea of buying a used diesel SUV. Then I noticed used 2.7 litre Rexton IIs aren't that far behind in value too. Both these vehicles depreciate so fast in value once out of the showroom that their second-hand price tags are hard to ignore after 5 years.

Question:

1) What typically goes wrong in a 6 year old 2.7 litre Rexton II..? Any common problems that I need to look out for when evaluating a used Rexton of this age?

2) What parts tend to wear out after 6 years in a 2.7 litre Rexton II? Shocks? Suspension bushes? Pumps? Gaskets? I need to budget for this.

3) How much is the roadtax for a 2.7 diesel Rexton?

4) Do all 2.7 litre Rexton II from 2008 onwards have 7 seats? Any 5 seaters? I won't be carrying many people - just 2 kids.

5) Any difference between full-time 4WD and the part time 4WD versions? Will the full-time 4WD version eat tyres? Are the part time 4WD version easier to maintain? I don't think I will go off-road much (if ever).

6) Which model & version of the Rexton II is the most sought after. And why?

Thanks in advance guys.