Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Soon-to-be/interested Buyer's Questions On Rexton

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

r3xt0n

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:18 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
Created this thread following PM from soon-to-be/interested Buyer's questions on Rexton to seek advice, info, recommendation & Opinion from Rextonians.

To allow objective and constructive sharing, please provide as much info on your targeted Rexton as possible, such as
i. Advertisement URL - where did you found the ads
ii. Engine Model, spec & year
iii. Price, mileage, ownership, etc
iv. What info/advice you seeking

If you need one of our bros to join you for car viewing and test drive, please PM me to make the arrangement, subject to availability and scheduling.

Important Note
i. Our involvement in used car viewing and test drive is on good will basis and free of charge to Buyer as an neutral 3rd party personal opinion but it do not replace the necessity of a full thorough inspection by authorised Service Center or workshop.
ii. RextonHub do not responsible for inaccuracy or incompleteness of opinion given, implied or expressed. Buyer is subjected to his own due diligences.
iii. We do not represent nor involved in price and condition negotiation between Buyer and Seller.
iv. Any appreciation token from Buyer or Seller will be contributed to RextonHub Fund.

Hope this helps those who are planning to buy a used car from owner or dealer.

1. Monitor Advertisement
Help to be familiar with the market price, registration years, spec and optional accessories. Some ads may be repost from time to time, so will give you background info if the car is worthy buy. These can be easily and quickly checked online at following websites
i. AutoWorld.com.my
ii. MotorTrader.com.my
iii. Mudah.my
iv. Carlist.my
v. TheStar.com.my

2. Shortlist Ads
Shortlist several ads that meet your requirements and budget. Call up to enquire more especially on the model spec, condition and owner history.

3. View Car
On external viewing, examine carefully on following
i. painting condition and if repaint is done (check the reason as it could possibly due to accident).
ii. Tire condition. Each Rexton tire cost from RM400~RM750.
iii. All electronic lighting indicator is functioning.
iv. Black smoke and engine sound. Rexton engine in good condition is smooth, almost no vibration and quite quiet.
v. Mileages and service records that matched. Milesages meter could be tampered, so service records is a good reference.
vi. Oil leaking at engine area. Some of the leakages could be hidden underneath that is impossible to be seen without jacking up the car.
vii. Oil leaking at absorber and shaft.

4. Test Drive
Important to select the right road to allow optimum testing and get an experience Rexton owner to test drive together if possible.
i. U-turn Test will reveal if there is problem with its Electric Power Steering which very light on low speed and firmer on high speed.
ii. Acceleration Test will reveal the engine, gear transmission & turbo condition at fast acceleration
iii. Highway Test will reveal the engine and suspension condition at high speed.
iv. Brake Test to check out ABS functions.
v. Cornering Test to check out traction control
vi. 4WD Test - try out both 4WL and 4WL to test is functioning well.

5. JPJ Check
You can just call up JPJ branch at http://portal.jpj.go...=...=97&lang=ms and provide the car registration number to check for
i. the car's insurance company history
ii. Owner & transfer history
iii. Current title ownership

6. Insurance Claim
Call up the insurance company to check for claim history. This is the safest way to confirm if the car met any accidents.

7. Ownership Check
If the car is still under bank loan, call the Bank/Finance's Hire Purchase Dept to check if there are pending issues with the title ownership. This will avoid difficulty in ownership transfer and hidden surprise.

8. Check Saman
You can check saman via the following
i. www.myeg.com.my - it may not be up-to-date and some older saman may not be listed.
ii. Local branch of traffic police
iii. Local town council of surrounding council for parking saman.

9. Mechanic Check
After going thru all the check that the car is indeed in good order, you should bring the car to the service center or workshop familiar with Mercedes engine for detail checking. It is good to mix around with other owner to gain more knowledge, tips and experience too.

10. Puspakom Inspection
Important to be presence to witness the inspection if possible. Standard ownership transfer inspection do not include most of the 10 points inspection as listed at http://www.puspakom....inspection.html that is important to ensure the car condition is legal.

11. Buying Insurance
Insurance coverage of more than a year. If you get the insurance on your own, you may save upto RM100 (dealer commission) and you can also transfer NCB discount if your current car is of cheaper value. This may save you RM100 + upto 55% of the insurance fees. Do consider the option to add coverage for windscreen.

12. Ownership Transfer at JPJ
This can be done by runner who charge a service fees of RM250 (inclusive of transfer fees). If you plan to handle on your own, check out http://portal.jpj.go...secara-sukarela .

This may looks lengthy and troublesome, but you don't buy a car too frequent to save the trouble. Buying from direct owner maybe a little more hassle but it worth all the time and effort because you get to know the previous owner directly and most importantly, you save quite a bit. An experience and friendly bank loan officer would be able to guide and facilitate ownership title.

Note : This is not fool proof guide that cover everything but I tried to share as much as possible within my knowledge (lots of them from Bro byebye2u) and experience in buying mine. Welcome everyone to share and contribute to the list.

r3xt0n

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:32 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
Here is the summary info of a PM that was sent to me earlier.

QUOTE (spacebar)
hello Bro r3xt0n,
i'm a newbie which is considering the rexton xdi270 , saw this car located in ipoh :

http://www.mudah.my/...pec-6225916.htm

it's a high spec wub.gif but the pricing looks abit high 4 me, it says dealing with owner not car dealer . is it possible 2 nego below RM58,000 ?

Thanks,

QUOTE (r3xt0n)
Hi,

From the ads, it is full accessories model, just like mine. Rexton's 270XDI 2004 do sells in the range of 55k+ ~ 60k+ depending on the condition and spec. If it is direct owner deal, you can always negotiate RM58k because car dealer take in at lower price than this. Mileage of 114k is quite reasonable. Most importantly is to test drive the car and bring it to mechanic for checking. Are you located in Ipoh? I am in Ipoh too, so can view the car with you if you like.

Cheers,

QUOTE (spacebar)
just called the seller & noticed the rexton has already sold , the price dealed is ..... RM56k . i was few days late.
i'm staying in ipoh , but is quite hard 2 find some rextons here. have 2 wait & c

QUOTE (r3xt0n)
Hi,

Yes, very few Rexton on sale in Ipoh. RM56k is quite reasonable. It is more important to get a good condition one than having a cheaper price. I got my Rexton from KL too. Rexton price in KL is quite good too. There are several Rextonians (member of Rexton Hub) in KL that can help to provide advise and recommendation too. Don't rush, keep monitoring ads online. Try to get a 2005 or 2006 Full Accessories model, more worthy and valuable.

Cheers,

QUOTE (spacebar)
got another rexton 05 :
http://www.mudah.my/...uto-6795835.htm

Mileage: 70 000 - 74 999 ??
FULLY SERVICE BY SSANGYONG

a champain / gold Rexton ? it's so rare & would almost as eye catching as a R8 on the road

So, bros.. please feel free to share your opinion and advice.

byebye2u

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Oct 25 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the second car looks very nice. I saw 2 car in mudah year 2004 selling at 51800!!!. but still the most important is to test drive first.maybe bro r3xt0n should assist in the test drive.

razopower

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

razopower

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Oct 25 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw this gold champagne one in KL i think 2 to 3 months back. I think it was simply tip-top with ssangyong full service record book. But my fren did not like color though and the price was on the high side, however the mileage was really around 75K that time based on service record books. Very careful driver indeed as everything was near perfect and even had the injectors change due to less driving probably ! Hehe

r3xt0n

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:55 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Oct 25 2010, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the second car looks very nice. I saw 2 car in mudah year 2004 selling at 51800!!!. but still the most important is to test drive first.maybe bro r3xt0n should assist in the test drive.

Yeah.. that is what I suggested to spacebar too. I can help to join him for the viewing if it is in Ipoh. If it is in KL or Pg, we have you and bro Teerex to help too. This way, can surely felt more confidence to get a good one but is always good to get it jacked up to check if any oil leaking.

byebye2u

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:51 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Oct 25 2010, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah.. that is what I suggested to spacebar too. I can help to join him for the viewing if it is in Ipoh. If it is in KL or Pg, we have you and bro Teerex to help too. This way, can surely felt more confidence to get a good one but is always good to get it jacked up to check if any oil leaking.

saw this one in mudah.49k!!

http://www.mudah.my/... 04-7319646.htm

http://www.mudah.my/... 04-7278093.htm

http://www.mudah.my/...7 A-7241371.htm

r3xt0n

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Oct 26 2010, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow only RM49k but it is different from face-lifted model where it don't have the side chrome and side plastic panel. Long external radio antenna. Not sure what else is different but I won't mind if could save more than RM10k that can be used for maintenance and aging parts changing.

spacebar

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

spacebar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
the gold rexton is sold , found another high spec rexton asking at RM60k :

http://www.mudah.my/...pec-7516420.htm

thanks for the advice

r3xt0n

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (spacebar @ Oct 26 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the gold rexton is sold , found another high spec rexton asking at RM60k :

http://www.mudah.my/...pec-7516420.htm

thanks for the advice

Right, the Rexton Gold ads was posted since Aug, so definitely sold out. Some ads are gone within few days, especially the better price one.

Try to request for more internal photo of the cabin to confirm the model spec. Its mileage 130 000 - 139 999 is quite high for a 2005 that is about 28k/year.

spacebar

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

spacebar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
how bout this? Looks quite tidy & clean, 79k mileage . Is there any way 2 check whether the mileage is not been rewind ?

http://www.mudah.my/...PEC-7519619.htm