Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Looking For 2nd Hand Chevrolet Optra 1.8lt

• Please log in to reply

kwongo

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:11 PM

kwongo

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
hi all chev fans,

i m looking for 2nd chev optra 1.8lt, max 6 yr. any recommendation?

thx

wong

andy111172

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
I'm sorry to see that nobody responds to your queries.

People are not selling their optras maybe due to low resale value... or maybe the car is too good to let go.

By the way, I've seen some optras advertised in motortrader.com and mudah.com.. you might want to check them out..

nelsonang

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

nelsonang

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
Hi, I am looking for one too for family commute… saw quite a few condition units, any chevy owner can share some light about these lovely engineered quiet sedan?

soblur1

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

soblur1

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I drive an optra 1.8LT in Johor. Basically as what you have heard, the FC is higher than most Japanese models. For spares, if you live in the north area, i believe they usually drive into BKK for servicing, if you live in KL, they usually go to PJ volvo or Shared Auto for servicing and if you live in Johor i could tell you that i did my servicing at Hawk Tyres (Taman Sentosa) branch (look for a malay guy call fadil). I get my spares from a shop called Tenaga Jaya (Address: No. 42, Jalan Harimau Tarum, Century Garden 80250, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia, Tel: 07-335 1888).

The car was bought during the offer in March 2007 (Car manufacture dated is 2005), and the mileage is currently at 49'000 KM. So far, only 3 things have broken down, the horn (spoilt no sound) RM120, P&N switch (the gear will refuse to engage from P to any other) RM60 and the coolent reservior (it leaks) RM100. At 46'000KM or after 3.5 years of use, i changed the usual (Timing Belt, Tensioner A-Timing Belt, Seal-CR/SHF FRT, Seal-CM/SHF FRT, Roller Guide, Water Pump, O-ring w/pump, Tensioner A/Comp and V-Belt) Rm1400.

Unlike the Toyota Altis 1.6A, the optra 1.8LT feels really solid and heavy. So it feels different if you have previously drove a Proton or a Toyota. But if you have driven a Audi or Opel you will get used to it pretty soon.

cyberider

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

cyberider

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (soblur1 @ Mar 8 2011, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I drive an optra 1.8LT in Johor. Basically as what you have heard, the FC is higher than most Japanese models. For spares, if you live in the north area, i believe they usually drive into BKK for servicing, if you live in KL, they usually go to PJ volvo or Shared Auto for servicing and if you live in Johor i could tell you that i did my servicing at Hawk Tyres (Taman Sentosa) branch (look for a malay guy call fadil). I get my spares from a shop called Tenaga Jaya (Address: No. 42, Jalan Harimau Tarum, Century Garden 80250, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia, Tel: 07-335 1888).

The car was bought during the offer in March 2007 (Car manufacture dated is 2005), and the mileage is currently at 49'000 KM. So far, only 3 things have broken down, the horn (spoilt no sound) RM120, P&N switch (the gear will refuse to engage from P to any other) RM60 and the coolent reservior (it leaks) RM100. At 46'000KM or after 3.5 years of use, i changed the usual (Timing Belt, Tensioner A-Timing Belt, Seal-CR/SHF FRT, Seal-CM/SHF FRT, Roller Guide, Water Pump, O-ring w/pump, Tensioner A/Comp and V-Belt) Rm1400.

Unlike the Toyota Altis 1.6A, the optra 1.8LT feels really solid and heavy. So it feels different if you have previously drove a Proton or a Toyota. But if you have driven a Audi or Opel you will get used to it pretty soon.

Hello bros, allowed me to add in few comments. I got my Optra 1.8 in Dec 2003, driven for 7 years (240k millage), just passed to my staff early this year, still in tip top condition. There are many workshop who can service this car now, spare parts is not that expensive (comparing with ori Toyota or even ori perdana) if you know where to get it. Just follow the service manual, then you will be fine. By the way, I changed my timing belt every 70k (service booklet says 60k), and i believe it can safety last to 80k.

I used to drive it on day trip KL-penang or KL-JB, I like the road handling especially on H/Way, compared with Toyota Altis 1.8. However compared with Beemers 3 series, still quite a gap to be filled up. All the best for your shopping.

ahtap

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

ahtap

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
QUOTE (kwongo @ Oct 20 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all chev fans,

i m looking for 2nd chev optra 1.8lt, max 6 yr. any recommendation?

thx

wong

There is a chevy member want to let go. Pls contact me for details.

ketaauto

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

ketaauto

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
QUOTE (cyberider @ May 30 2011, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello bros, allowed me to add in few comments. I got my Optra 1.8 in Dec 2003, driven for 7 years (240k millage), just passed to my staff early this year, still in tip top condition. There are many workshop who can service this car now, spare parts is not that expensive (comparing with ori Toyota or even ori perdana) if you know where to get it. Just follow the service manual, then you will be fine. By the way, I changed my timing belt every 70k (service booklet says 60k), and i believe it can safety last to 80k.

I used to drive it on day trip KL-penang or KL-JB, I like the road handling especially on H/Way, compared with Toyota Altis 1.8. However compared with Beemers 3 series, still quite a gap to be filled up. All the best for your shopping.

In order for a budgeted family Optra to challenge a quater million luxury Beemer in term of road handling , ride comfort and NVH , you just have a very small gap to fill in , rough estimation will be less than rm6k , including :
- upgrade the rear anti roll bar
- upgrade all stock absorbers
- autofoam/ultra racing bars

cyberider

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

cyberider

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (ketaauto @ Jun 3 2011, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In order for a budgeted family Optra to challenge a quater million luxury Beemer in term of road handling , ride comfort and NVH , you just have a very small gap to fill in , rough estimation will be less than rm6k , including :
- upgrade the rear anti roll bar
- upgrade all stock absorbers
- autofoam/ultra racing bars

smile_thumbup.gif Perhaps need to replace the leather seat to the soft leather type as well. Besides that K&N can also helps to boost up the pickup performance.

kaze

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

kaze

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts
QUOTE (cyberider @ Jun 4 2011, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_thumbup.gif Perhaps need to replace the leather seat to the soft leather type as well. Besides that K&N can also helps to boost up the pickup performance.

I love my optra 1.8 till now (6 years already). The driving experience is good and I still feel comfortable + safe when driving this car. I also love the interior and exterior expecially after performed some modification to the suspension, spoiler & skirting. No reason to sell this car at this momment and no major problem. Now the millage clocked 178K. Pls get one if you have a chance to buy.

wawa1

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

wawa1

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
Hi all, I also do to buy 2009 Optra Magnum sedan with full body kit (1.8LT SS), and I found it cost RM56000. Is this worth? Besides, may I know the FC of this car? Thanks in advance.