Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mazda 8 Owners

• Please log in to reply

Teighlour

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
Hi Bro Fariqhamid, we welcome you to the owner of the M8 MPV soon. I tend to agree with Bro Surveychan, please press the SA to get the autolock function done up for you before collecting the car. It can be done and we spent RM350 for that. Also press the SA for the special button to turn off the DVD monitor headrest. That cost RM35. I am not sure the void warranty but the accessory shop did it professionally. smile_cool.gif

QUOTE (surveychan @ Nov 22 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fariqhamid
Before U place ur booking, did read M8 forum? Anyway U are one lucky man as it is not too late. U came to the right place. U should have mentioned present M8 owner predicament on the central locking & LCD headrest before U place ur booking. I strongly suggest U see ur SA in Bermaz soonest & ask him to sort out the above problem before U pay the down payment. Don't dig further into ur pocket or tamper with the warranty after U collect ur car. I hope U won't be another ###### just like me, U can still talk ur way thru before U sign any papers or down payment. Let me know the outcome.

Smart guys get M8

Teighlour

Teighlour

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
Bro Daviesjb, that is the so called "reset" button that the technician informed me to do. I guess that does the trick....haha, thanks. I also notice that you cant stop the DVD but can only paused it movie. Pausing the disc inside the player for so long, wonder will it spoil the player? unsure.gif

QUOTE (daviesjb @ Nov 23 2010, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Bro Teighlour,

There is a small button (sunken one) beside the Central button (right beside the Menu button--I called it).
press it to select "DVD, Navigator, Tuner...)
Select the Tuner, u can see the FM u are playing now.

Hope this can help.

Teighlour

Teighlour

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:55 PM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
This is a valid question, i am puzzled myself but not in regards to number of days. I mean i got the worst FC compared to you guys but my milleage is only 1400km. I seldom drive as mostly overseas and supposedly for the wife to drive but after scratching the MPV, she will just drive the sedan car for now. So I cant really comment too much on the MPV. Mostly I drive alone, the max 1 passenger only.

I think we need more owners of M8 to contribute on their FC here for us to compile a genuine report with the actual probability of this MPV achieving maximum FC.

Rgds

QUOTE (daviesjb @ Nov 23 2010, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys,

I noticed a situation here.
I managed to drive for 550km in three days. (City zone [JB]).
Taking a few rides with a different gang of friends, sometimes 4 passengers (including me), sometimes 6 passengers.
(From Pelangi Indah to Bukit Indah, vice versa)
(From Pelangi Indah to Johor Jaya, then to JB town, vice versa)
(from Pelangi Indah to Pasir Gudang, vice versa)
(From Pelangi Indah to Molek, then to JB town, vice versa)
(From Pleangi Indah to Austin, vice versa)
(From Pelangi Indah to Taman Pelangi then to JB town, vice versa)

Last week, I didn't ride my friend from here to there, I let my wife take charge of the car, my full tank of fuel last for 7 days, but it only distance 430km.
Is the fuel consumption has some "connection" with the numbers of days???

Teighlour

fariqhamid

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

fariqhamid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Thanx Bro Teighlour
For the autolock feature, can i ask the SA to get it done? Because it's not in the specifications, the SA told me that all Mazda cars dont have that feature. I will try my luck with it, I'm not sure if they will do it for me. I'll keep everyone inform. As for the LCD screen, when I went for the test drive last week, I noticed that it was automatically on. However, I managed to turn it off using the on/off button. The SA mentioned that the new batch of cars have this problem fixed. Can anyone who just get their M8 confirm this?
Cant comment yet on the fuel consumption... belum dapat daaaaa....

rgds

Teighlour

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
Well Bro, it is up to you to nego yr way with the SA. In fact, you can push the SA for other freebies e.g free petrol, free car wash coupon, etc. Because this all depends on the SA, it is from their own pockets.

Surprised that they have the on/off button for the LCD monitor already in the test drive car? I ask GS Auto to fix the button at the position of the front sensor there. The front sensor is on the right while my LCD on/off button is at the left side. Anyway, i believe a lot of us have been complaining to Bermaz and I think they already looked into this matter. Murah saje - RM35!

You will sure like the MPV Bro, trust me. It's an MPV where people will turn their head to look at rather then the standard T Est/Alp which are aplenty on the road.

QUOTE (fariqhamid @ Nov 23 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanx Bro Teighlour
For the autolock feature, can i ask the SA to get it done? Because it's not in the specifications, the SA told me that all Mazda cars dont have that feature. I will try my luck with it, I'm not sure if they will do it for me. I'll keep everyone inform. As for the LCD screen, when I went for the test drive last week, I noticed that it was automatically on. However, I managed to turn it off using the on/off button. The SA mentioned that the new batch of cars have this problem fixed. Can anyone who just get their M8 confirm this?
Cant comment yet on the fuel consumption... belum dapat daaaaa....

rgds

Teighlour

Teighlour

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:51 AM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
Guys, today I just realized that my warranty starts from the day I booked my car in July. My waiting period was 3 months and I got the car in Oct. I think Bermaz should start the warranty the moment we pick up our car and not when we booked our car. Please check your warranty card guys.

Rgds
Teighlour

williaml

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Manufacturer warranty begins from the date of registration.

ZOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

Teighlour

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
Then in that case, the warranty is 2 yrs 9 mths or 100k whichever comes first. Putting 3 yrs is deceptive advertising, consumers like me got fooled.

QUOTE (williaml @ Nov 27 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Manufacturer warranty begins from the date of registration.

ZOM ZOOM...

Teighlour

williaml

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
3yrs or 100k km warranty from date of registration, anything wrong?

ZOOM ZOOM...

Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

Teighlour

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

Teighlour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
Bro, sorry maybe I misinterpret. My warranty starts from date of booking the car and not date of registering the car. That mean I lost out 3 months during the waiting period.

QUOTE (williaml @ Nov 28 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3yrs or 100k km warranty from date of registration, anything wrong?

ZOOM ZOOM...

Teighlour