Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sym 250

• Please log in to reply

DSAI

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
hi taikos's

i really need some advice before trade in my 8 month Yamaha LC with SYM 250.

1. Parts

2. Resale value

3.bike cost maintance (including the expensive things like V Belt)

4.FC

actually i need a confortable bike for a long journey (Seri Kembangan-Seremban) almost everyday.so my current bike are pretty much not suited me.motor kecik ma!
a new hope...

rallychamp

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Oct 14 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi taikos's

1. Parts

2. Resale value

4.FC

actually i need a confortable bike for a long journey (Seri Kembangan-Seremban) almost everyday.so my current bike are pretty much not suited me.motor kecik ma!

parts a plenty in kl and seremban.....most big scooter shop do have it...

resale value still unknown....

maintenance....similiar to LC... engine oil,radiator coolant,petrol...but drive belt sure last longer than chain on LC...but u need to check gearbox oil where LC dont have to...

thats all....

power wise..sure more power....with relaxed ride compare to your LC.....and fuel consumption...might be a bit high if u speed all along...but i think its not really thristy since it was fuel injected compared to carburator-ed LC... smile_shy.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

aja

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:46 PM

aja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Oct 14 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi taikos's

1. Parts

2. Resale value

4.FC

DSAI,

If possible don't buy it. Trust me.

Reasons being:

1) Not worth at all with the price tag of RM18k. Too much overprice. U may spent another RM12k for the brand new Er6N with 600cc more, even though it's 4T bike with 2 pistons..

2) Power not that really good for long distance (anyway it's only a scooter. Nothing much u can expect)

3) Quality still like yo-yo. sometimes good, sometimes not. Moreless Proton la.

But however, if u still insists to ride a scooter, then just buy the SYM200. Not much different actually except for the extra torque (which could be build-up in SYM200) and moreless same top-speed.

My verdicts are based on my experienced owned a SYM200 (for about a month with a last mileages of 1000km) and currently with SYM250 (mileage about 5000km)

Anyway, to answe your questions:

1) Not sure in Seremban. But in KL so far not that easy to get, not that hard also. Bare in mind that this bike pretty new in our land.

2) Resale value will drop very much, due to the initial overprice

3) SYM250 service is 40% more expensive, as compared to SYM200. This due to the extra engine oil (I think circa 1.3L)
and extra gear oil (1 1/2 packet. not sure in Litre). Assuming u using the engine oil 5W10, that will cost u about RM98.00
for 2 bottle and RM30 for 2 paket of gear oil. More expensive than servicing a Kelisa AT!!

4) The last drop of your full tank would last u until 330km-340km. Full tank with Ron95 will cost u around RM23.00 moreless.

rallychamp

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (aja @ Oct 19 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DSAI,

If possible don't buy it. Trust me.

Reasons being:

1) Not worth at all with the price tag of RM18k. Too much overprice. U may spent another RM12k for the brand new Er6N with 600cc more, even though it's 4T bike with 2 pistons..

2) Power not that really good for long distance (anyway it's only a scooter. Nothing much u can expect)

3) Quality still like yo-yo. sometimes good, sometimes not. Moreless Proton la.

But however, if u still insists to ride a scooter, then just buy the SYM200. Not much different actually except for the extra torque (which could be build-up in SYM200) and moreless same top-speed.

My verdicts are based on my experienced owned a SYM200 (for about a month with a last mileages of 1000km) and currently with SYM250 (mileage about 5000km)

Anyway, to answe your questions:

1) Not sure in Seremban. But in KL so far not that easy to get, not that hard also. Bare in mind that this bike pretty new in our land.

2) Resale value will drop very much, due to the initial overprice

3) SYM250 service is 40% more expensive, as compared to SYM200. This due to the extra engine oil (I think circa 1.3L)
and extra gear oil (1 1/2 packet. not sure in Litre). Assuming u using the engine oil 5W10, that will cost u about RM98.00
for 2 bottle and RM30 for 2 paket of gear oil. More expensive than servicing a Kelisa AT!!

4) The last drop of your full tank would last u until 330km-340km. Full tank with Ron95 will cost u around RM23.00 moreless.

well actually scooter do share many of it liquid as cars...

1)coolant <<any type also can
2)engine oil <<normal grade sae40/sae50 oil (mineral/emi/full syn oso no problem)
3)gearbox oil <<manual tranny oil

the reason bikes need specific oil is because of wet clutch system where scooter doesn't have clutch inside crankcase...and gearbox was beside the engine pretty much like car.....so that why i would say it was sometimes cheaper to maintain a scooter....

*btw..are u sure that u were using 5w10 engine oil???? sae10 oil was for winter-weather...due to hot climate here in malaysia better that u use sae40 or sae50 oil...ignore the front number with letter W....it was for winter climate indicator to avoid engine oil freeze....

(NFS Underground)

DSAI

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:50 PM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
dear bro aja

thanx for the info

on the con

FYI,kawasaki Er6N 600cc are really not my cup of tea. i am weight 200++ so u just imagine a fat guy driving a sports bike...for sure my belly will stuck on the tank smile_tongue.gif .i really need a confortable ride compare to my LC for long distance.

on the pro's side

Er6N is fast bike yes if u compare to sym 250, yamaha 150, Honda 150 and the rest in the market.so i can safe more time on traveling every morning and every evening.pretty much cool bike too!

Bro Ralllychamp

Note TQ.
a new hope...

aja

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

aja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Oct 19 2010, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well actually scooter do share many of it liquid as cars...

1)coolant <<any type also can
2)engine oil <<normal grade sae40/sae50 oil (mineral/emi/full syn oso no problem)
3)gearbox oil <<manual tranny oil

the reason bikes need specific oil is because of wet clutch system where scooter doesn't have clutch inside crankcase...and gearbox was beside the engine pretty much like car.....so that why i would say it was sometimes cheaper to maintain a scooter....

*btw..are u sure that u were using 5w10 engine oil???? sae10 oil was for winter-weather...due to hot climate here in malaysia better that u use sae40 or sae50 oil...ignore the front number with letter W....it was for winter climate indicator to avoid engine oil freeze....

sorry, it's Motul 5W40 ! Pictures enclosed.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01004.JPG

rallychamp

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Oct 20 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dear bro aja

thanx for the info

on the con

FYI,kawasaki Er6N 600cc are really not my cup of tea. i am weight 200++ so u just imagine a fat guy driving a sports bike...for sure my belly will stuck on the tank smile_tongue.gif .i really need a confortable ride compare to my LC for long distance.

on the pro's side

Er6N is fast bike yes if u compare to sym 250, yamaha 150, Honda 150 and the rest in the market.so i can safe more time on traveling every morning and every evening.pretty much cool bike too!

Bro Ralllychamp

Note TQ.

well...200++is quite alot..i'm afraid that small scooter couldn't handle in long term...(stress on cvt part as well as high fuel consumption)....

maybe easyrider like eliminator250 or vulcan 500 suits u???(depends on your liking)

QUOTE (aja @ Oct 21 2010, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry, it's Motul 5W40 ! Pictures enclosed.

(NFS Underground)

aja

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

aja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Oct 21 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well...200++is quite alot..i'm afraid that small scooter couldn't handle in long term...(stress on cvt part as well as high fuel consumption)....

maybe easyrider like eliminator250 or vulcan 500 suits u???(depends on your liking)

Agreed. Easyride a the other option.

DSAI

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:38 AM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
vulcan 500 seems a decent choice.what is a current market price for the bike?in term of maintance i dont think its bit pricy to maintan right?
a new hope...

rallychamp

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:54 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Oct 25 2010, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vulcan 500 seems a decent choice.what is a current market price for the bike?in term of maintance i dont think its bit pricy to maintan right?

below 10k u can get a mint condition one....

but make sure check throughly before buying coz it was quite old bike...(pre-year 2000) thus if that bikes not maintained properly it would be a headache to repair....

parts sourcing was ok since most workshop know kawasaki well enuf...

(NFS Underground)