Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kia Sorento

• Please log in to reply

kaylcar

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (gimbli @ May 19 2012, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro kia sorento crdi no timing belt la, its using timing chain! the price that you paid for the spare parts are extremely high. you should consider changing mechanics! especially since he charged you RM1,100 for 'timing belt'!

it's the long accessory toothed belt that drives the alternator, air con compressor, fan, etc..they call the timing belt but it's not. The mechanic is MPV in Selayang, very competent in my opinion and not expensive.
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

spincity

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

spincity

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Jun 25 2012, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If NAZA brought in the diesel it would have sold much better than it did. We get the ugly looking Santa Fe instead so maybe that's the reason?

Hi everyone,

Agreed with Kaylcar. If the 2.2 diesel sorento was brought here, there would be no INOKOMi SantaFe on Malaysian road. Too bad that Malaysian market was chosen as a guinea pig by Hyundai-Kia ppl in Korea.

I'm buying the 2.4 petrol sorento xm anyway since the only "downside" (perhaps) is the FC. Well, not that bad after all because 22 sen per KM should be standard for 2.4 liter petrol engine (go check with Estima 2.4 owner). If FC is yout major consideration, then go for hybrid or EV instead.

Other features in Sorento XM are just superb coz we can only get those things in the same category SUV/urban crossover: Audi Q7, BMW X5, Mazda CX9, Merc GL450 or Volvo XC90. Been to Chevy yesterday but that pricey Captiva is way behind in term of spec & comfort. Plus I really hate bright interior - not stain proof!

As a consumer, I personally think that we should only buy things what we want, not limited to what being offered to us. Toyolta Malaysia should really think about our demand and bring those Wish, Estima, Alphard rather than offering old technology & lame interiors as what can be seen in Fortuner and Rush.

kenso

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
Here's a quick take on the new Sorento facelift due to be launched here in a few months time:

http://www.kensomuse...-to-our-shores/

ayvin

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

ayvin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Anyone got their Sorento recently? pls share your deal. TQ

sastro

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

sastro

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Dear Sorento owners,

Anyone can share the fuel consumption after 2nd service? Just got mine last month smile_big.gif
Currently my mileage is around 900km. For city driving (KL/PJ), in average it gets 15 l/100 km, when comes to very bad traffic jam it gets 18 l/100km smile_blackeye.gif Somehow it got 9 l/100km when I drove KL-KLIA once.

Please share your experience smile.gif

Thanks.

nd_4ever

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

nd_4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
Hi there guys, I would like to check with you on my dad's 2006 Sorento 2.5CRDi model's problem. Currently the car have clocked about 130,000 km & lately the car will actually jerks when accelerated to gain it's pick up. Initially we thought that it's the gearbox that's giving problem but was told that it's either the diesel filter pump or coil pack is the culprit.

It's been going in & out of our regular mechanic's workshop since 3 months ago & still unable to solve it. I've messaged Korean Car Mates on this problem & awaiting for their reply. Is there any other reliable & affordable workshops that caters to Kia/Naza Sorento within the Klang Valley in order for me to send my dad's car over to get it diagnose & check what's the real culprit?

It's been bugging us for the past few months & my dad wasn't really happy after going in & out workshops. Hopefully you guys can able to share some contacts with me to get the problem solve in the shortest time possible.
It doesn't matter that you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning!

kaylcar

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (nd_4ever @ Mar 12 2013, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there guys, I would like to check with you on my dad's 2006 Sorento 2.5CRDi model's problem. Currently the car have clocked about 130,000 km & lately the car will actually jerks when accelerated to gain it's pick up. Initially we thought that it's the gearbox that's giving problem but was told that it's either the diesel filter pump or coil pack is the culprit.

It's been going in & out of our regular mechanic's workshop since 3 months ago & still unable to solve it. I've messaged Korean Car Mates on this problem & awaiting for their reply. Is there any other reliable & affordable workshops that caters to Kia/Naza Sorento within the Klang Valley in order for me to send my dad's car over to get it diagnose & check what's the real culprit?

It's been bugging us for the past few months & my dad wasn't really happy after going in & out workshops. Hopefully you guys can able to share some contacts with me to get the problem solve in the shortest time possible.

MPV Kia in Batu Caves area, used to be in Selayang known as MPV-Auto. Ask for Thomas the owner, PM me for the HP number.
They were the no1 expert in old Sorento, ....sounds like you got injector problem. Where's the "coil pack" on a diesel motor? smile_approve.gif

jolokia

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Mar 12 2013, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MPV Kia in Batu Caves area, used to be in Selayang known as MPV-Auto. Ask for Thomas the owner, PM me for the HP number.
They were the no1 expert in old Sorento, ....sounds like you got injector problem. Where's the "coil pack" on a diesel motor? smile_approve.gif

You can too look for the lady boss name Mdm. Yap smile_tongue.gif

Back to the topic.

Could be due to simple case like fuel filter too dirty & fuel doesn't flow smoothly to the injector too.
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

kaylcar

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Mar 12 2013, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can too look for the lady boss name Mdm. Yap smile_tongue.gif

Back to the topic.

Could be due to simple case like fuel filter too dirty & fuel doesn't flow smoothly to the injector too.

Yah, take advice on korean car issue from a Korean car brasher! Lol! smile_thumbup.gif

Idiot, he said that already done.....u don't want to read the post just answer with your usual nonsense.
Bugger off smile_angry.gif

jolokia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Mar 13 2013, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah, take advice on korean car issue from a Korean car brasher! Lol! smile_thumbup.gif

Idiot, he said that already done.....u don't want to read the post just answer with your usual nonsense.
Bugger off smile_angry.gif

Fuel Filter ! Fuel Filter ! Not Fuel Pump smile_angry.gif

Here the picture in case workshop owner like u never seen one.

Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim