Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kia Sorento

• Please log in to reply

kswei

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:edu#~#homefam#~#motoring#~#sports
QUOTE (luvcar @ Nov 24 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All Sorento enthusiasts,

Not so good news to share. Just got an SMS from a SA, the Sorento only available in 1 version. Petrol 2.4l. Price between RM150K-160K (heard from another SA its possibly RM 158,888). So, if you want the 2.2l Diesel, you have to go for Santa Fe already lo... But bear in mind, the new Santa Fe will probably be launched in Beg. 2012 as announced in the Hyundai US during their sales training. So, by Mid 2011, should have some spy shots already kwa. Happy searching lo...

Well, that's really a bad news, am really looking forward for the 2.2L diesel.., so got it give it a pass till they bring in after another half a year, i believe they will bring in.

I do expect it when see the santa fe 2.2l diesel..from the way car are launch by hyundai kia, there's no way they will go head to head...even though it was carry by different distributors..

if sorento were to launch their 2.2l diesel while santa fe launching theirs in bolehland, it's a head to head.., for corporate, best to let hyundai do first and have some lead time to sell some cars b4 kia steps in with their 2.2l.

too bad, after waiting with excitement... gonna wait again..

1st Member of AW Since 1999

bluesky69

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

bluesky69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (kswei @ Nov 25 2010, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that's really a bad news, am really looking forward for the 2.2L diesel.., so got it give it a pass till they bring in after another half a year, i believe they will bring in.

I do expect it when see the santa fe 2.2l diesel..from the way car are launch by hyundai kia, there's no way they will go head to head...even though it was carry by different distributors..

if sorento were to launch their 2.2l diesel while santa fe launching theirs in bolehland, it's a head to head.., for corporate, best to let hyundai do first and have some lead time to sell some cars b4 kia steps in with their 2.2l.

too bad, after waiting with excitement... gonna wait again..

hi all, this might be true or might be another scam. I heard difference stories from different SA.

The existing Sorento 2.5 diesel is selling better than the petrol variant. It'll be strange if only the petrol version will be brought in. This is just my personal opinion.

Stay cool.

jayraptor

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (luvcar @ Nov 24 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All Sorento enthusiasts,

Not so good news to share. Just got an SMS from a SA, the Sorento only available in 1 version. Petrol 2.4l. Price between RM150K-160K (heard from another SA its possibly RM 158,888). So, if you want the 2.2l Diesel, you have to go for Santa Fe already lo... But bear in mind, the new Santa Fe will probably be launched in Beg. 2012 as announced in the Hyundai US during their sales training. So, by Mid 2011, should have some spy shots already kwa. Happy searching lo...

When 2007 Santa Fe was first introduced, they brought in the 2.7L petrol variant that gets considered good FC in its class but later about almost 1 year later they brought in the 2.2Diesel and found out that there were more buyers due to great FC at 12km/L while could retain good acceleration 0-100km/h in 12s though slower than the petrol variant.

I hope the Sorento 2.4L was just a false rumours spread to fool competitors. I want diesel for D-segment SUV. C-segment SUV like Tucson and Sportage are fine with petrol because of smaller and lighter.

kswei

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 25 2010, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When 2007 Santa Fe was first introduced, they brought in the 2.7L petrol variant that gets considered good FC in its class but later about almost 1 year later they brought in the 2.2Diesel and found out that there were more buyers due to great FC at 12km/L while could retain good acceleration 0-100km/h in 12s though slower than the petrol variant.

I hope the Sorento 2.4L was just a false rumours spread to fool competitors. I want diesel for D-segment SUV. C-segment SUV like Tucson and Sportage are fine with petrol because of smaller and lighter.

I believe they don't need to make false rumours, coz apart fortuner and mit sports, no other in the same range and both the sales been slowing down..(my guess base on what i see on the road)...haha..

but, the only competitor is Santa Fe..., whereas in other countries, the timing is not in this way coz sorento been selling there...(like philipine, singapore, Aus) and those market are more competitive than our market..

So, my guess is quite possible the 2.2l won't come in.. brothers fighting between each other not good..imagine how they gonna put up their ads... haha...

Kia Sorento 2.2 diesel ads :

"Our brand new Kia Sorento 2.2l, apart from better than the rest which is currently available in Bolehland,
It's also better build and look than Santa Fe..though they use the same engine like ours !"

it's 1 ads sell 2 cars.

ymfoo

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

ymfoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
Boy, does it mean that I may have to settle with the Santa Fe (it's old design). Too too bad......

But apart from the look, the rest is more than palatable....

Cars, Oh cars......

kswei

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
QUOTE (ymfoo @ Nov 26 2010, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boy, does it mean that I may have to settle with the Santa Fe (it's old design). Too too bad......

But apart from the look, the rest is more than palatable....

let just hope... if really tala, i won't go for santa fe either, will just wait for another half year and see if they were to bring in the 2.2 diesel, as am not as urgent to change the car..

ymfoo

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

ymfoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
It's confirmed. The Sorento will be launched in KLIMS and will only carry the 2.4L petrol. It is reported in Sunday times today.

This is the biggest letdown by NazaKia. If Santa Fe is willing to bring in the R diesel engine, why can't Naza?

The 2.4L Theta is not powerful enough to pull the big car along, I had driven it in the Sonata and it is just adequate for the new Sonata. According to reviews, the actual FC is very high, with the petrol price going up and up, this option is actually a dead end.

Too bad. Too bad..... Been waiting for so long......
Cars, Oh cars......

kswei

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
QUOTE (ymfoo @ Nov 28 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's confirmed. The Sorento will be launched in KLIMS and will only carry the 2.4L petrol. It is reported in Sunday times today.

This is the biggest letdown by NazaKia. If Santa Fe is willing to bring in the R diesel engine, why can't Naza?

The 2.4L Theta is not powerful enough to pull the big car along, I had driven it in the Sonata and it is just adequate for the new Sonata. According to reviews, the actual FC is very high, with the petrol price going up and up, this option is actually a dead end.

mee to.. been waiting for a year.. too bad news.. will wait either wait again for 2.2r or will go for estima 2.4..

kswei

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
It's confirmed now, kia sorento KLIMS, no diesel.

http://paultan.org/2010/11/29/naza-kia-to-...ims-2010/\

I believe the reason why no diesel variant, it's very much because of this :

http://paultan.org/2...159k-to-rm170k/

What a bad timing to have both car launch together..., very rare... have we come across this before.. both car having same engine, same specs, targeting same type of customer, same bloodline, launch together...

kswei

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
QUOTE (ymfoo @ Nov 28 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess if kia allowed naza to bring in the diesel for sorento, then will be the laughing matter of the industry.., the option is not in Naza hand, i believe.