Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Insurance Comparison

• Please log in to reply

bouchermar

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:38 AM

bouchermar

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
here you get the best and an adequate online coverage information against damage to your vehicle.they provides the cheapest online insurance quote with an immediate cover.

Tourist

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (bouchermar @ Oct 7 2010, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
here you get the best and an adequate online coverage information against damage to your vehicle.they provides the cheapest online insurance quote with an immediate cover.

In Malaysia, I thought all car insurance rate are the same regardless of from which insurance company? Got difference?
I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

fkmfkm

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Oct 7 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Malaysia, I thought all car insurance rate are the same regardless of from which insurance company? Got difference?

Rate is same yes..

Tourist

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Oct 7 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rate is same yes..

So nothing to compare as far as price is concerned.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

fkmfkm

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:15 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Oct 7 2010, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So nothing to compare as far as price is concerned.

Rate is same but price can be diff in malaysia.

J2EE

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:01 AM

J2EE

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Oct 7 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How does that happen ? Price difference ? Sure or not ....... afaik, it's the same.
Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young - Philo

Tourist

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Oct 7 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rate are the same. No Claim Bonus rate are also the same. Everything the same.

AFAIK, in Malaysia, final price paid are all the same. Only thing to compare is insurance company claim payment record and reputation.

vr2turbo

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:58 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,464 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Oct 8 2010, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rate are the same. No Claim Bonus rate are also the same. Everything the same.

AFAIK, in Malaysia, final price paid are all the same. Only thing to compare is insurance company claim payment record and reputation.

Yup, all the same. Buy direct from Insurance company, can get discount.
Most choose Insurance company that can process claim faster & easier..... smile_thumbup.gif
Some take easy way out and let runners do it, so they pay more...... smile_tongue.gif

Tourist

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 8 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, all the same. Buy direct from Insurance company, can get discount.
Most choose Insurance company that can process claim faster & easier..... smile_thumbup.gif
Some take easy way out and let runners do it, so they pay more...... smile_tongue.gif

It's now obvious the tread starter has no idea of how Malaysian motor insurance system work. He is only referring to overseas situation that's not applicable here.

ain206

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
The story behind the link does not applicable in malaysia insurance market at all.

Here in malaysia all the basic insurance rate are the same and it is control by PIAM/ Bank Negara. You only pay cheaper premium if you have higher % of No Claim Discount of between 0% - 55% . And additional rebate if you buy direct with the insurance co itself. This is true for vehicle up to 10 years old under comprehensive coverage. 11 year and above, insurance co will impose many kind of loading.

As for T/party coverage forget about it. It is as good as no more in the market unless you are their existing customer. But be prepare to pay for a ridiculously high premium that come close to 50-60% of the comprehensive policy.

What we can do is to chose the best insurance company base on their after sales claim service and also listen to friends who have experience dealing with claims. Dont buy with their advertisement. Some are bullshit. They never walk the talk.

As for accident claim , for vehicle less than 6 years old do send to the franchise centre i.e Proton send to Proton Edar not ABC Wshop. You are certain of a brand new original part if the Franchise is not cheating. Vehicle above 6 years up for you to chose bcos sending to franchise we have to bear the betterment rate of between 15- 40& if i am not mistaken.

Basically that it lah. But bear in mind, insurance claim is to make good our car into pre accident condition and not pre delivery condition when we purchase it new. and motor vehicle insurance premium is non negotiable. Take it or leave our car in the garage.....

That's all folks!