Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Need Suggestion/advice On Liquid Waxes

• Please log in to reply

zhongy85

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

zhongy85

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
QUOTE (msk @ Nov 24 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If easily removable by QD or car wash, then the protection is doing it's job ie sacrificing instead of paint.
If only removable by polish, terrible lah means etching into the polish/paint??

Seems like only removable by polish/paint cleaner. Washing it alone won't remove it.

I read in this thread: http://forum.autowor...showtopic=95485

"On white cars, you tend to see those black streaks coming out from the door handles and side mirrors after rain. These streaks can tend to get themselves stuck on the paint easily if not washed away. Sometimes, even if the vehicle has some sealant or wax on it, it still manages to stain the paint that can only be removed by polishing."

Seems like exactly what I need(?).

The PermaGlass sealant also something like a 'glass' protection, isn't it?

KrisMas

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
QUOTE (zhongy85 @ Nov 26 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. tongue.gif

msk

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:22 AM

msk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Nov 26 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope. tongue.gif

Reminds me asking this before smile.gif zhongy85, Permaglass is just a sealant. Quite clever marketing putting the glass name in hindsight smile.gif

Usual LSP actually makes contaminant removal easier with just a carwash or plain water or QD. If needs polishing I hope it's weeks old bake in contaminants.

vr2turbo

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (zhongy85 @ Nov 26 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems like only removable by polish/paint cleaner. Washing it alone won't remove it.

I read in this thread: http://forum.autowor...showtopic=95485

"On white cars, you tend to see those black streaks coming out from the door handles and side mirrors after rain. These streaks can tend to get themselves stuck on the paint easily if not washed away. Sometimes, even if the vehicle has some sealant or wax on it, it still manages to stain the paint that can only be removed by polishing."

Seems like exactly what I need(?).

If car is polished and sealed, washed weekly, and a topper is added, these black line/steaks are not of any issues.... smile_tongue.gif

zhongy85

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:02 AM

zhongy85

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Nov 29 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If car is polished and sealed, washed weekly, and a topper is added, these black line/steaks are not of any issues.... smile_tongue.gif

I do try to wash weekly. But sometimes I skip a week due to work. No topper at the moment, only wax. What do you recommend? Looking at Meg QD or it's DG equivalent for my next purchase... which will be some time from now.

Oh money! sad.gif

ey11684

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:44 AM

ey11684

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
QUOTE (zhongy85 @ Nov 30 2010, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do try to wash weekly. But sometimes I skip a week due to work. No topper at the moment, only wax. What do you recommend? Looking at Meg QD or it's DG equivalent for my next purchase... which will be some time from now.

Oh money! sad.gif

A topper should have a little protection and not just purely a QD. If Meg's you would be looking at UQD or UQW, and for DG would be Aquawax. It makes a difference if you top up every week after washing. The car will look like it's freshly waxed again, although the actual protection would not last as long as a real wax layer (which would still remain below the topper).
Alvin

vr2turbo

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (ey11684 @ Nov 30 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A topper should have a little protection and not just purely a QD. If Meg's you would be looking at UQD or UQW, and for DG would be Aquawax. It makes a difference if you top up every week after washing. The car will look like it's freshly waxed again, although the actual protection would not last as long as a real wax layer (which would still remain below the topper).

I am on DG521 QD mixed with DG105 as a topper. So far so good....... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:46 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (zhongy85 @ Nov 30 2010, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh money! sad.gif

I wash my 3 cars weekly, but sometimes due to rain, do the 2 under the porch as 1 is in the rain. The one not washed will be washed the next week, means in 2 weeks time. I find that the dirt sticks and are harder to wash off. Wash cloth also more dirty, therefore I rather try washing them weekly...... smile_wink.gif