Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Suzuki Malaysia Does Not Hold Suzuki Spare Parts

• Please log in to reply

dawaikokot

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

dawaikokot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I just want to relate my experience dealing with Suzuki. But before I start, I just want to paint a clearer picture on the difference between Suzuki Malaysia and Aiman Motors. Aiman Motos are the distributor (sales) arm of Suzuki cars in Malaysia. They are also servicing Suzuki cars as well as repair accident cars. Suzuki Malaysia is the franchise holder of Suzuki cars here in Malaysia and usually dictates the marketing campaign, what car to bring in, etc. A parallel to this model is BMW or Honda. For e.g. Auto Bavaria sells BMW cars, but BMW Malaysia is the brand custodian of BMW which gets heavily involved in marketing campaign.

Ok, I have a Grand Vitara and I got involved in an accident late July. I admitted my car (it was an own accident) early August into Aiman Motors in Jalan 222. Insurance claim took about 2-3 weeks long but the real nightmare of no parts started afterwards. You see, Aiman Motors won't start work on your car until the insurance claim have taken place and parts are purchased. Unlike conventional workshop, they would have started work on your car first while waiting for insurance claim and parts. Why do I send my car to Aiman Motors? Simple - so that I am assured of genuine parts.

Work on my car started sometime late September. That was after 2 full months of idling. Reason given was waiting for parts from Japan, since my car is CBU. I am surprised that Suzuki Malaysia doesn't keep any part stock. Was it because of large capital required for stocking parts? I understand that if the brand is new in Malaysia, the franchise holder is reluctant to keep parts as it is risky, but Suzuki has been in Malaysia for a good 6 years, minimum. Isn't that enough to justify why parts should be kept?

Anyway, in between September until December, there were 10 variation orders to insurance claim because Aiman Motors' technicians aren't able to pin point exactly on what part needs to be changed. Yes, for each new variation order, parts were needed to be ordered from Suzuki Malaysia and later from Japan.

Today, the last day of 2011, my car is still in the workshop. 3 weeks ago, it was discovered that my ABS pump isn't working and required a replacement. Again, this need to be ordered from Suzuki Malaysia, whom doesn't have stock and later to be ordered from Japan.

I sincerely hope that I can get my car back before Chinese New Year.

Here are my questions to Suzuki Malaysia:
1. How hard is it to keep parts in stock? Suzuki Malaysia only sells the Alto, Swift, SX4 and Grand Vitara in Malaysia.

2. Why are you not keeping any parts in stock? In my humble opinion, the demand of Suzuki cars are there, given the frequency of Swift, Grand Vitaras spotted on the road. Moreover, Swift are locally assembled in Malaysia. If I were to negatively think about this situation, I would be thinking that you are trying to control the supply of parts to justify for high cost of parts.

3. How committed are you in growing Suzuki brand in Malaysia? Suzuki is a great brand, but as you have read in this thread, many are frustrated, including myself, because lack of readily available parts.

4. What would happen if my Grand Vitara is superceeded by a newer Grand Vitara? Do I still get parts?

If people ask me if they should buy a Suzuki, it is very hard for me to tell them they should, given the situation above. A car brand will flourish in Malaysia if the whole supply chain network of parts is sorted. How do you convince people to buy either a new or used Suzuki, if they need to wait for weeks for spare parts to come?

Thus, it would be sad to see Suzuki brand goes spiral downwards because of your parts policy. Please buck up!

btu32s

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

btu32s

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
QUOTE (dawaikokot @ Dec 31 2011, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just want to relate my experience dealing with Suzuki. But before I start, I just want to paint a clearer picture on the difference between Suzuki Malaysia and Aiman Motors. Aiman Motos are the distributor (sales) arm of Suzuki cars in Malaysia. They are also servicing Suzuki cars as well as repair accident cars. Suzuki Malaysia is the franchise holder of Suzuki cars here in Malaysia and usually dictates the marketing campaign, what car to bring in, etc. A parallel to this model is BMW or Honda. For e.g. Auto Bavaria sells BMW cars, but BMW Malaysia is the brand custodian of BMW which gets heavily involved in marketing campaign.

Ok, I have a Grand Vitara and I got involved in an accident late July. I admitted my car (it was an own accident) early August into Aiman Motors in Jalan 222. Insurance claim took about 2-3 weeks long but the real nightmare of no parts started afterwards. You see, Aiman Motors won't start work on your car until the insurance claim have taken place and parts are purchased. Unlike conventional workshop, they would have started work on your car first while waiting for insurance claim and parts. Why do I send my car to Aiman Motors? Simple - so that I am assured of genuine parts.

Work on my car started sometime late September. That was after 2 full months of idling. Reason given was waiting for parts from Japan, since my car is CBU. I am surprised that Suzuki Malaysia doesn't keep any part stock. Was it because of large capital required for stocking parts? I understand that if the brand is new in Malaysia, the franchise holder is reluctant to keep parts as it is risky, but Suzuki has been in Malaysia for a good 6 years, minimum. Isn't that enough to justify why parts should be kept?

Anyway, in between September until December, there were 10 variation orders to insurance claim because Aiman Motors' technicians aren't able to pin point exactly on what part needs to be changed. Yes, for each new variation order, parts were needed to be ordered from Suzuki Malaysia and later from Japan.

Today, the last day of 2011, my car is still in the workshop. 3 weeks ago, it was discovered that my ABS pump isn't working and required a replacement. Again, this need to be ordered from Suzuki Malaysia, whom doesn't have stock and later to be ordered from Japan.

1. How hard is it to keep parts in stock? Suzuki Malaysia only sells the Alto, Swift, SX4 and Grand Vitara in Malaysia.

2. Why are you not keeping any parts in stock? In my humble opinion, the demand of Suzuki cars are there, given the frequency of Swift, Grand Vitaras spotted on the road. Moreover, Swift are locally assembled in Malaysia. If I were to negatively think about this situation, I would be thinking that you are trying to control the supply of parts to justify for high cost of parts.

3. How committed are you in growing Suzuki brand in Malaysia? Suzuki is a great brand, but as you have read in this thread, many are frustrated, including myself, because lack of readily available parts.

4. What would happen if my Grand Vitara is superceeded by a newer Grand Vitara? Do I still get parts?

If people ask me if they should buy a Suzuki, it is very hard for me to tell them they should, given the situation above. A car brand will flourish in Malaysia if the whole supply chain network of parts is sorted. How do you convince people to buy either a new or used Suzuki, if they need to wait for weeks for spare parts to come?

Thus, it would be sad to see Suzuki brand goes spiral downwards because of your parts policy. Please buck up!

I was interested to get a Suzuki SX4. but one main reason i've not purchased one was the cost of spare parts as the car is CBU from Japan. But the inconvenience of having to wait for spare parts makes it worse. Having to wait for 3 months to get your car repaired is simply unacceptable. After reading the posts from you and others, I am definitely not going to consider a Suzuki. It's shocking that Suzuki Malaysia doesn't keep spare parts

astroguy74

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

astroguy74

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (dawaikokot @ Dec 31 2011, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats why I only buy CKD cars...

no CBU or Re'CON'Cars for me..

MASsenger

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Very good and valid questions,bro dawailkokot.I'm also a frustrated owner of a Swift.My wife loves the car,me too,it's her car,but had to wait 7 months for side indicator lights. OMG 7 months for simple spares!!! What vision of growth has this company got???
Since the Swift drives so well, I was very keen on getting the Kizashi for myself,gave up the idea after this experience.

The REALdeal

jt101

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

jt101

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Jan 3 2012, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very good and valid questions,bro dawailkokot.I'm also a frustrated owner of a Swift.My wife loves the car,me too,it's her car,but had to wait 7 months for side indicator lights. OMG 7 months for simple spares!!! What vision of growth has this company got???
Since the Swift drives so well, I was very keen on getting the Kizashi for myself,gave up the idea after this experience.

hard to believe Suzuki Malaysia does not stock up on parts for thier cars. is this for real?

any SA wanna feedback on this?
was gonna get the new swift model...how la if like that.

MASsenger

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (astroguy74 @ Jan 2 2012, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats why I only buy CKD cars...

no CBU or Re'CON'Cars for me..

It is not CBU or CKD.Swift has been CKD for some time already!

The REALdeal

MASsenger

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (jt101 @ Jan 3 2012, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hard to believe Suzuki Malaysia does not stock up on parts for thier cars. is this for real?

any SA wanna feedback on this?
was gonna get the new swift model...how la if like that.

It is such a good car. To be fair I can't tell you don't buy it. If you buy, be ready for nonsense like this!

The REALdeal

jt101

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

jt101

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Jan 3 2012, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is such a good car. To be fair I can't tell you don't buy it. If you buy, be ready for nonsense like this!

this is a real bummer. hope this improve in 2012.

astroguy74

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

astroguy74

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Jan 3 2012, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is not CBU or CKD.Swift has been CKD for some time already!

i am not referring to swift: the original author is referring to the CBU Vitara

kenso

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
So sad to see SMA deteriorate to this stage. I was the 2nd batch of Swift owner, CBU back in 2005 and there were quite a number of dealers & part of the dealership requirements was to set up 3S centres with parts purchased by them. I know because i was very close to certain dealers. I never had to wait more than a month for parts back then, even when it's CBU. All that changed when there was a reshuffle in the management of DRB Hicom which saw veterans on the automotive industries being moved out & replaced with directorsvwho're more interested in dollars & cents. They then cut down the commission of dealers, making it much more difficult for dealers to buy & hold spare parts since it affects their cash-flow. A few dealers went out of business, competition among them become less, therefore less motivation for them to improve. SMA has really shot themselves in the foot