Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Korando C

* * * * - 2 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

neonlee

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (tazztham @ Feb 16 2012, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think the other way. it is using the latest siemens piezo injector, running with higher pressure. it is all about energy equation. "More power more fuel" i think.

Is it using siemens piezo injector ? not sure as i only know its using delphi ECU (no time to study detail for new actyon's workshop manual smile_tongue.gif ) ,
more power not equal to more fuel ,actualy max diesel efficiency for internal combustion engine was only around ~50% other energy has been transform to heat ,among all fuel, diesel having most engery which is 38.6MJoule/L even more than Jet fuel... smile_wink.gif
And higher pressure doesnt means more fuel , the concept same as water hose ,bigger hose with low pressure vs smaller hose with high pressure which 1 having higher flow rate ..

P/S:Heard that SantaFE is very good FC with such great power ... is it truth ?Some owner told me about 900KM/tank ????

just my 2 cts..

byebye2u

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ Feb 16 2012, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it using siemens piezo injector ? not sure as i only know its using delphi ECU (no time to study detail for new actyon's workshop manual smile_tongue.gif ) ,
more power not equal to more fuel ,actualy max diesel efficiency for internal combustion engine was only around ~50% other energy has been transform to heat ,among all fuel, diesel having most engery which is 38.6MJoule/L even more than Jet fuel... smile_wink.gif
And higher pressure doesnt means more fuel , the concept same as water hose ,bigger hose with low pressure vs smaller hose with high pressure which 1 having higher flow rate ..

P/S:Heard that SantaFE is very good FC with such great power ... is it truth ?Some owner told me about 900KM/tank ????

just my 2 cts..

rexton 3rd generation commonrail which is max about 1800psi, now 4th generation reaching 2400 psi, smaller injector hole with higher pressure to atomized the diesel for better combustion. by remap we increase the power but reduce consumption.

even a few maker with same 2000cc or 2200cc engine but different power/torque/consumption..I really believe for local actyion sure something major has been change. how to explain from 6.1L claimed now become over 10 L..??

from a few actyion bro mileage here , I think should dare the local ssangyong to pit rexton 270 VS actyion for KL -Penang - KL running above 100km/h, if actyion loose then the ssangyong should compensate the owner...how..you think ssangyong dare?

byebye2u

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
one more forget to add...the actyion comes 6 speed but rexton 5 speed only.......maybe somebody stole the formula to make a better engine from ssangyong before sold to mahindra..he he he he he he he

(hopefully some of their employee read all the posting...malu oooo)

neonlee

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Feb 16 2012, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rexton 3rd generation commonrail which is max about 1800psi, now 4th generation reaching 2400 psi, smaller injector hole with higher pressure to atomized the diesel for better combustion. by remap we increase the power but reduce consumption.

even a few maker with same 2000cc or 2200cc engine but different power/torque/consumption..I really believe for local actyion sure something major has been change. how to explain from 6.1L claimed now become over 10 L..??

from a few actyion bro mileage here , I think should dare the local ssangyong to pit rexton 270 VS actyion for KL -Penang - KL running above 100km/h, if actyion loose then the ssangyong should compensate the owner...how..you think ssangyong dare?

Possible they customized the setting to suits our 2M diesel as diesel with 500ppm sulfur which is extreme factor to killing DPF ....

rex4585

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ Feb 16 2012, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Possible they customized the setting to suits our 2M diesel as diesel with 500ppm sulfur which is extreme factor to killing DPF ....

The BMW 520d using the same Bolehland diesel achieve around 6.5 to 6.8l/100km with the same type of use! And it got a slightly higher torque and power. How do you explain that? And it is usually being driven at higher speed too.
Only main difference is BMW remove the dpf for our market.

byebye2u

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Feb 16 2012, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The BMW 520d using the same Bolehland diesel achieve around 6.5 to 6.8l/100km with the same type of use! And it got a slightly higher torque and power. How do you explain that? And it is usually being driven at higher speed too.
Only main difference is BMW remove the dpf for our market.
. Bro kh, you should ask ssangyong what did they change, most rexton already 200k km with some exceed 300 k km. How come more economy. Or could be the dpf running 24 hours!!!!

rex4585

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Feb 16 2012, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
. Bro kh, you should ask ssangyong what did they change, most rexton already 200k km with some exceed 300 k km. How come more economy. Or could be the dpf running 24 hours!!!!

bro I did try but still waiting for reply. Maybe they no the understanding English and I no the understanding Korean. So breakdown in communication la.

neonlee

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Feb 16 2012, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro I did try but still waiting for reply. Maybe they no the understanding English and I no the understanding Korean. So breakdown in communication la.

hahaha bro.. may be u used wrong language , you should use "curry kimchi" language.. Ms/Mr Ssangyong married with Mr/Ms . Mahindra smile_big.gif

byebye2u

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ Feb 16 2012, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahaha bro.. may be u used wrong language , you should use "curry kimchi" language.. Ms/Mr Ssangyong married with Mr/Ms . Mahindra smile_big.gif

ha ha ha ha ha smile_thumbup.gif

if poor real review, how the actyion going to laku, then how am I going to get 2nd in 4,5 years..hi hi hi hi hi

rex4585

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
smile_thumbup.gif
QUOTE (neonlee @ Feb 16 2012, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smile_thumbup.gif hahaha forgot about their recent marriage. Maybe still honeymoon la and in their own dreamworld.