Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Civic Fd2 No Quality, Waste Money

• Please log in to reply

wpchin

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

wpchin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Sep 18 2010, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some people RM 133K is consider luxury, what the hell, probably not yet there.

In US V8 or V12 is consider luxury.

Porsche, or Ferrari, or Lamborghini. This bloody bengali where the hell he loan RM 133K is from his bengali father?

Even RM40k car should have quality right?
Why only rich people like you can enjoy quality?

We poor guy eat Nasi Goreng at road side for RM3.50, and you eat RM25.00 Nasi Goreng in Rasa Sayang Hotel....
Doesn't mean the RM3.50 Nasi Goreng can simply make people cirit-birit right?

Don't always scold people like you are way above other people.
<P>save the world</P>

rickyoac

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:41 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
maybe of the tax civic fd2 at RM 80000 (langkawi)became RM130k. So know what to do in the next elections.

it is that RM 80k car also lose to even my hyundai getz 1.3 quality and avante standard .

Be Wise To Survive

flakes79

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

flakes79

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
lets put this into perspective. im using a type r here coz i cant find the price of a normal civic. a civic type r costs < 3,000,000 yen in japan(normal civic prolly less). an average executive/professional in japan earns ~10,000,000 yen per annum. in malaysia the civic type r costs rm200k, ave exec/prof income probably ~150-180k per annum.

Now, do you see the difference between the price to income ratio. A honda in japan is just about the equivalent of a proton here in malaysia. The same goes for the BMWs, Audis, Mercs in europe. Our import & excise taxes drives the car prices up, which in turn gives the consumer the assumption that these are "better quality" cars based on the price. So if ur in japan, driving a civic & having these issues, you would probably brush them aside coz ur only driving a "proton" & this is expected since the car is pretty affordable. It's all perception. So i think you're mistaken to assume that just because u paid >rm100k, you're buying a good car without any issues. Cars of all brands & prices have issues, it's only how affordable are they for the buyer. At the end of the day, it points back to our lovable gov again. smile.gif

sunyatsen

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
I think ricky is probably very frustrated coz he paid so much. Well, this is an issue that his expectation is not met. Anyway, as for myself I have not faced any issues yet with my FD except that it is a noisy car or perhaps a very noisy car. Have spent tons of money to soundproof it and I'm sure KL Auto is laughing from one end to another end. smile_dead.gif But I love its look and its performance. So far, it has serve me well without any major issues. In fact, Honda Service Centre just changed a new speedometer cover for me free when they noticed there are so many unremovable stains. Not only that, fuel consumption also not too good (but I have only myself to blame as I always tekan kaw kaw as the car never fails me when I expect it to perform smile_big.gif )

In short, blame the blardy govt. for imposing a blardy high tax on the car you bought. So, as other forummer said, practice your voting rights wisely in the coming General Elections. If Proton can't compete why should we protect them and furthermore on the expense of the tax payers that is you yourself. I have never seen any spoonfed person becoming competent in my life and not even through the books.

rickyoac

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
QUOTE (flakes79 @ Sep 21 2010, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lets put this into perspective. im using a type r here coz i cant find the price of a normal civic. a civic type r costs < 3,000,000 yen in japan(normal civic prolly less). an average executive/professional in japan earns ~10,000,000 yen per annum. in malaysia the civic type r costs rm200k, ave exec/prof income probably ~150-180k per annum.

Now, do you see the difference between the price to income ratio. A honda in japan is just about the equivalent of a proton here in malaysia. The same goes for the BMWs, Audis, Mercs in europe. Our import & excise taxes drives the car prices up, which in turn gives the consumer the assumption that these are "better quality" cars based on the price. So if ur in japan, driving a civic & having these issues, you would probably brush them aside coz ur only driving a "proton" & this is expected since the car is pretty affordable. It's all perception. So i think you're mistaken to assume that just because u paid >rm100k, you're buying a good car without any issues. Cars of all brands & prices have issues, it's only how affordable are they for the buyer. At the end of the day, it points back to our lovable gov again. smile.gif

IT is the civic type R i(mported or CBU)will have less problem than thailand or mallacca honda civic fd?
It is real then malaysia boleh .

Let the government learn some lesson in coming election .
We paid so more money to buy car in naturally need some more quality .
We paid so much tax to government in naturally we need good quality government.

Be Wise To Survive

darreltian

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (rickyoac @ Sep 21 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IT is the civic type R i(mported or CBU)will have less problem than thailand or mallacca honda civic fd?
It is real then malaysia boleh .

Let the government learn some lesson in coming election .
We paid so more money to buy car in naturally need some more quality .
We paid so much tax to government in naturally we need good quality government.

like that have to change slogan dy..."My Gohment Tak Guna" smile_big.gif

flakes79

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

flakes79

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Sep 21 2010, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like that have to change slogan dy..."My Gohment Tak Guna" smile_big.gif

i think it's more to proton fault instead of gov. each & everyone of us is indirectly subsidizing proton's "adventure" into the automotive industry. even tho there are automotive policies drafted to protect them but i think they hav been pretty disappointing. so since we're the ones subsidizing, i think we should hav a say to close proton down & enjoy better quality imported vehicles haha tongue.gif

wqn1234

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:11 AM

wqn1234

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
bro, based on my true experience. I also own FD 2.0, a lot of problem. Same like you. Brake pad, brake rotor, wheel bearing. But the good thing about Honda, they give warranty for 100,000km/3yrs and they will replace parts that are rosak before the warranty finished. By the time my car reached 100,000 km, i already replaced 4 set of wheel bearing, 4 set of disc rotor, 4 pcs absorber, front stabilizer bar.... FOC. That is what warranty means. As long you service your car properly at Honda service centre with full service history, they will layan you like king.

QUOTE (rickyoac @ Sep 17 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_angry.gif RM 130 000 car with proton quality. Hardly to accept. My proton waja RM 60k i can forgive for giving so much problem coz only half the civic fd price.

My sister honda FD2 giving problem again and again . With the milleage of 80000 km for 2 years usage problem coming non stop. Last time ask her not to buy then she still want. Sell got value got what use. Time of ownership already giving so much problem and waste money. Sell now also waste RM 30k minimum.

This time is the wheel bearing rear side. Giving loud whooosh sound if drive more than 50 km/h same with ah beng car with modify exhaust. Confirm Need RM 300 ++ per side for so called original honda thailand parts.

Brake pads for the front just changed three month ago now turning bald. Last time changed original honda nissin. coz nearly RM 200. Brake disc kena skimming. Cher.... Another more RM 80 per pair for skimming.
Now must changed again. Then rear side also turning bald .Disc brake also need skimming. Try to source for after market bendix metal king titanium less than RM 200 per pair.
Engine oil switch change two times for RM 100 something per time.
The water pump hose fittig gcan come out itself while driving. LOusy nak mampus. Stop at roadside waiting for assistance.

everytime need more than 4 litre of engine oil to pour into engine.

Don't support buta buta lar japanese car supporter. Must open mind.

rickyoac

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:57 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
QUOTE (wqn1234 @ Sep 23 2010, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro, based on my true experience. I also own FD 2.0, a lot of problem. Same like you. Brake pad, brake rotor, wheel bearing. But the good thing about Honda, they give warranty for 100,000km/3yrs and they will replace parts that are rosak before the warranty finished. By the time my car reached 100,000 km, i already replaced 4 set of wheel bearing, 4 set of disc rotor, 4 pcs absorber, front stabilizer bar.... FOC. That is what warranty means. As long you service your car properly at Honda service centre with full service history, they will layan you like king.

donno how you can go on without warranty life.

Be Wise To Survive

rickyoac

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Be Wise To Survive