Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Prado Battery Went Dead In 13-month

• Please log in to reply

hanmeng

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

hanmeng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
My 1996 Prado TZ3.0 auto's battery went dead this morning. I noticed the morning starting time gets longer for the past 2 weeks. The battery is a Yuasa N70Z calcium maintenance free type which I bought in Aug 2009. 13 months is rather short for an expensive maintenance free battery. Can anyone recommend a better alternative? I am based in JB.

Just to let everybody know that I have found myself a good replacement battery. The brand is AMARON from India. At first found it via the internet. Contacted the Singapore dealer and was asked to contact a shop in JB. I was told all Singapore NTUC taxis are using this brand. Got myself a one size bigger model - HL-105D31R. Now my Prado starts faster than before. Paid RM420 for it. The Yuasa cost me RM300 a year ago. (Amaron's parent company is Johnson Controls.)

hanmeng

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

hanmeng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
QUOTE (hanmeng @ Sep 13 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My 1996 Prado TZ3.0 auto's battery went dead this morning. I noticed the morning starting time gets longer for the past 2 weeks. The battery is a Yuasa N70Z calcium maintenance free type which I bought in Aug 2009. 13 months is rather short for an expensive maintenance free battery. Can anyone recommend a better alternative? I am based in JB.

Just to let everybody know that I have found myself a good replacement battery. The brand is AMARON from India. At first found it via the internet. Contacted the Singapore dealer and was asked to contact a shop in JB. I was told all Singapore NTUC taxis are using this brand. Got myself a one size bigger model - HL-105D31R. Now my Prado starts faster than before. Paid RM420 for it. The Yuasa cost me RM300 a year ago. (Amaron's parent company is Johnson Controls.)

See new info in amendment above.

Tourist

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
With battery, I think luck play a big part as well.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

chargerguy

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
In Prado(Diesel) 3.0 and Land Cruiser ( Petrol) 4.7V8, used N70 b4 and always fail around 13 mths or b4. However, change to N95 Yuasa and no problem di. I think the N70 not enuff ampere and always strain out the batt...smile.gif

1 cent onii

Cheers

smile.gif

ShiftVQV6

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Sep 19 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fully agree... 2 of my car had change 2 to 3 battery for the past 1 year, damn bad luck.

furthermore, have to send my car to electrician to check the wiring, alternator to confirm there is no electricity leak, and the shop owner still bising bising and give me the new battery under warranty..... like i am cheating him for fun....

for diesel car, i just check alternator and buy a new battery, 1 shop sell me lousy brand and warranty only 1 week (being cheated), 2nd shop - yokohama brand only give 6 month warranty for diesel brand..... now i always plug off the battery of the car whenever the car is not used for more than 3 day.......

webpower

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:36 PM

webpower

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
All the warranty for battery for diesel vehicles is up to 6 months only cause we suck battery like mad I guess... my Ranger's battery just gave up on me yesterday just ngam ngam 14-15 months. I changed back to the good old type where you have to add batttery water as they say it last longer and got a Bosch N70Z at RM260.

Tourist

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (webpower @ Sep 23 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the warranty for battery for diesel vehicles is up to 6 months only cause we suck battery like mad I guess... my Ranger's battery just gave up on me yesterday just ngam ngam 14-15 months. I changed back to the good old type where you have to add batttery water as they say it last longer and got a Bosch N70Z at RM260.

It's the higher diesel engine heat that kills the battery fast.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

klaatu08

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

klaatu08

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
hi, anyone know where can I buy the Amaron battery in Klang Valley?

thanks

byebye2u

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Sep 19 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yup, mine 11 mth only..

jessie01

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

jessie01

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Welcome to our online shop www.cbattey.net. and www.batterymag.co.uk. 100% safe and cheap laptop battery deals!