Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Saga Blm

• Please log in to reply

nofear1979

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 14 2010, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Allow another BLM owner to jump in......
First thing is u need the 195/50/15 wheel.
Shod the rim with good rubber.
Then go hav a feel for the car.
If u dont go ballistic then stop upgrading as i think this is enough.

However i bet u won be satisfied and will agree that the suspension is a little too soft esp the rear.
Skip the spring rubber damper thing as it helps only a little which is good if u dont go mad everyday.
IMHO this rubber is more suitable to whom search for comfort as i feel much better on rough road with it on my rear OE spring.
Consider sport spring(front and rear) like Sapura proride.I dont hav them installed but they made great absorber and spring for the waja.
On the rear u might need the ARB but it wont help by much as its already on torsion beam.

One major thing u should not forget is upgrading the brake pad on both front and rear.
I've done mine on the front.Awaiting budget for the rear.
If u hav an air compressor at home,try shooting some air at the rear drum and watch yourself being laughed by bystander bcoz u will be covered in a puff of black cloud.
The OE pad is good only for normal driving.Its bad for high speed braking and when carrying load.
My front pad now is from Yamamoto.
The bite is great and convincing.
One more reason why i havent upgrade the rear brake shoe oso is bcoz i need size 30 socket to remove the drum.
Its not like our everyday Wira where the drum can be remove after removing the rim.

BTW when u got the rear ARB installed and not satisfied with it,why dont u sell it to me at 1/2 price smile_shy.gif

the sifu has spoken~~~ must listen... smile_thumbup.gif
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

Gunnerzz

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Sep 14 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the sifu has spoken~~~ must listen... smile_thumbup.gif

Sifu?
Where got sifu,if sifu then wont involved in accident b4 hari raya smile_tongue.gif
Then got summon oso.....wait,summon is with Waja 1.8....

vr2turbo

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 14 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sifu?
Where got sifu,if sifu then wont involved in accident b4 hari raya smile_tongue.gif
Then got summon oso.....wait,summon is with Waja 1.8....

If it is speeding ticket, then it must be a Wajalution.......... smile_tongue.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 14 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it is speeding ticket, then it must be a Wajalution.......... smile_tongue.gif

Not speeding,overtaking on double line.
The 1.8 engine got lots of torque on lower rev which making overtaking on double lane a brisk.
A brisk until the cop wave red flag to me....

dabdab

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (jj0000 @ Sep 13 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you so so much, dab and vr2. Both of u not recommended lowering the car body.. I accept it, since no need to pay for new springs or absorber, i can concentrate on others side =)

About the bar, i think i shld add on front upper strut bar and front ARB lower bar right? Rear no need do any changes since come with Torsion Bean Axle.

1 more thing, do u guys think, 3-Point Fender Bars helpful? Shld i install it as well ? And.. any1 of u change a short shifter ever? i thinking to change it for my car since my car is manual transmission..

---------------------
jo about 3 point bracing,
from my experience saga blm have quite a rigid chassis. maybe 3 point brace is just an optional i think. if you ever jacked up a saga blm you will find closing the door is no different from it flat on the ground, unlike wira or 1st saga, the door is misaligned and closing the door with different sound, while one wheel on the air
but ,strut bar i think is good for any car because it can retain a chassis geometry under near extreme condition if fitted right.
late mitsu lancer have strut bar standard to its car. surely they have a good point to have that.

and the ARB replacement. if you still want to maintain yor standard spring and shock. the replacement of ARB will be a a little bonus for cornering stability. and the product also do have add an on ARB in the rear by ultra racing you might want to have a look.
so improved handling + comfort (from OEM spring) .

if you are into a sport suspension. you can leave ARB to standard original never mind.

------
short shifter, dont know they have it in market or not. for so long me driving a manual and now,,mine is oto huhu.... i miss manual transmission so much now. have to volunteer driving friends car to get the feel of manual again. pity me,,

happy modding,

vr2turbo

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 14 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not speeding,overtaking on double line.
The 1.8 engine got lots of torque on lower rev which making overtaking on double lane a brisk.
A brisk until the cop wave red flag to me....

ha! ha! same thing happen last time.
With the turbo overtaking is a breeze, so with long queue, overtook at double and got caught.... smile_blackeye.gif
Nowadays follow rules already, so far so good....hahahaha smile_big.gif

Newkelisa

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Sep 14 2010, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
---------------------
jo about 3 point bracing,
from my experience saga blm have quite a rigid chassis. maybe 3 point brace is just an optional i think. if you ever jacked up a saga blm you will find closing the door is no different from it flat on the ground, unlike wira or 1st saga, the door is misaligned and closing the door with different sound, while one wheel on the air
but ,strut bar i think is good for any car because it can retain a chassis geometry under near extreme condition if fitted right.
late mitsu lancer have strut bar standard to its car. surely they have a good point to have that.

and the ARB replacement. if you still want to maintain yor standard spring and shock. the replacement of ARB will be a a little bonus for cornering stability. and the product also do have add an on ARB in the rear by ultra racing you might want to have a look.
so improved handling + comfort (from OEM spring) .

if you are into a sport suspension. you can leave ARB to standard original never mind.

Excuse my ignorance. But can the BLM really go fast in order to actually obtain the results of all this mod? mellow.gif

Am I missing something?

My BLM is sooo slowww with no pickup especially with 4 people. It's an auto by the way.

dabdab

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:27 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (Newkelisa @ Sep 14 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excuse my ignorance. But can the BLM really go fast in order to actually obtain the results of all this mod? mellow.gif

Am I missing something?

My BLM is sooo slowww with no pickup especially with 4 people. It's an auto by the way.

ya right newkelisa.
saga is slow. thats the minus about saga.
thats why we need a liitle engine mod to make saga tad healthier.
my mod 1st-ly is 421 header, secondly a new setting of cam gear. not much but i can feel some amount of torque there.not bad though not big.
but not something you can expect its beyond a 1300cc engine.

and in our last dicussion is about handling. its not about adding more power. adding power then it should be focused on the engine.
by the way. if car is good at handling, it laps in shorter or quicker. thats if racing counts.
in normal street it the driver may gain more confident. and might contribute to some higher safety factor.

Gunnerzz

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
Just remember that by installing all those strut bar,u are adding weight to the car.
Its a wise choice to release a few more horses from the engine.

dabdab

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 15 2010, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just remember that by installing all those strut bar,u are adding weight to the car.
Its a wise choice to release a few more horses from the engine.

yeah gunn, those if all could weight maybe as heavey as a bicycle.

instead, we can go for an idea of weight saving like replacing our full size spare tyre for a slim spare tyre which can be purchased at chop shop. spare from earlier model of a honda civic with pcd 100 might do.