Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Peugeot 308 Turbo 6 A/T

• Please log in to reply

KL3223

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:40 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (ikus @ Sep 7 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well mr ivan khong is non related to mr bullsh't actually...his daily ride is Subaru Impreza "anytime can smoke our pug". He has become instructor since he was 17.

bro, if he's the DDC instructor, he should not be smoking anyone on the road!

alfa2

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:50 AM

alfa2

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts
I WANT 1 ALSO!!!
Alfa's 407
140-170-252hp | 200-250-342Nm | HKS ES Wagon Jasma Muffler & 5zigen centre bullet | NX NItrous | K&N Cool Air Intake | DK Remapped ECU | 18" OZ energy | Full Bodykit | MTX speaker | Bilstein B12 Full Sport Suspension | Brown Italian Leather

ikus

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:58 AM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Sep 7 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I`m sure Ben was just joking, bro. Nevertheless, out of curiousity and certainly no disrespect intended, bro .... what makes Mr Ivan Khong's information more reliable than the other sources? Does he know some high-ups in HQ?

Do you know Hezeri Samsuri? The quite famous car tester in Malaysia. Then, Ivan Khong's job is also like him. Tested a lot of cars already including our Peugeot I believe. Car tester is like media also, sometimes they got these informations from the HQ. If I'm not mistaken one of our car tester in Malaysia already know when will NASIM launch the RCZ. smile_cool.gif
Mr. Romeo

ikus

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:01 AM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
QUOTE (hereticbar @ Sep 7 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I supposed to be impressed?

no need...

QUOTE (KL3223 @ Sep 7 2010, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro, if he's the DDC instructor, he should not be smoking anyone on the road!

he's the DDC, Drift instructor
Mr. Romeo

ikus

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:02 AM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
QUOTE (jesmel2010 @ Sep 7 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And she also mentioned 308thp uses timing chain, can anyone verify this?

yeap, prince engine uses timing chain..no need to worry about changing one..
Mr. Romeo

lchan

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

lchan

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
i am wondering if Naza will stop THP cars when the 4 speed auto globally stops production. VTi will carry the new 6 speed auto with a price increase because the transmission itself will most probably add like 10k on production cost. Just a useless 2 cent thought.

benfoo

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

benfoo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
lighten up guys....my statement was made light hearted and in jest....not meant to offend.....

doesn't matter a hoot wat mr ivan khong, mr tai-chek khong, SAs, watever and whoever says on the matter...the 6 speeder 308 will be here when it gets here...i suspect the decision to introduce the 6 speeder 308 will largely depend on economics and the overall profitability relationship b/w both manufacturer and distributor (Nasim).....

the 6 speeder complies to the latest EU emission legislation in many European countries while the AL4 308 does not....hence the market for AL4 308 in the majority of Peugeot's european market is virtually rendered non-existent overnite as a result of the stricter green policy on vehicle emissions....

however the mkts outside of Europe are still able to 'accept' the AL4 308s due to their emissions regulations not being the same as those adopted by the countries forming the EU and hence, Peugeot can and will continue to produce and market the AL4 308s to those mkts...its a simple matter of economics of scale as well as the total no of units of AL4 gearboxes Peugeot have signed with the gearbox supplier to accept b4 the supply contract is due for either renegotiation or cessation.

With the tighter emission standards/regulations now adopted in the EU nation, Peugeot may now need to modify their strategy (if the AL4 supply contract is nowhere near renegotiation or cessation based on total units supplied) and continue to use AL4 on 308s for certain mkts outside of the EU.......this being the case, Nasim can even stand to profit more as by being aware of such a situation at the manufacturer's end, Nasim can and will (after all businesses are in business to make profits right??) continue to 'accept' AL4 308s 'willingly' for either brownie points or for other benefits from the manufacturer (monetary or non-monetary - but benefits nevertheless)....its a symbiotic relationship really and more so currently since Nasim has positioned itself to be the SEA hub for Peugeot.....

so coming back to the million dollar question as to when the 6 speeder 308 will hit our shores, the answer to that question can only be answered by 1) our govt's intention to adopt stricter emission controls immediately and 2) the relationship b/w nasim and peugeot re the existing AL4 gearboxes supply contract

just my 2 sen ranting.....

cheers

and to my all pug owners celebrating Raya - drive carefully and stay safe on the roads smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

maverick07

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

maverick07

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (benfoo @ Sep 8 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so coming back to the million dollar question as to when the 6 speeder 308 will hit our shores, the answer to that question can only be answered by 1) our govt's intention to adopt stricter emission controls immediately and 2) the relationship b/w nasim and peugeot re the existing AL4 gearboxes supply contract

just my 2 sen ranting.....

cheers

and to my all pug owners celebrating Raya - drive carefully and stay safe on the roads smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

as for the first question, for the govt to start any intention on that, first they themselves have got to buck up and introduce better fuels... else whatever emission policy is useless...

enduser

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

enduser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
imo
1. nasim can sell 4 speeder side by side with 6 speeder..diff price with diff spec
2. i belief the new 207 sedan will come with the 4 speeder also.There is market for it
3. by end of this year few car coming in with 6 or 7 speeder eg golf, fiesta,cruze etc so pug dun want to be left out.(opps they hv already with the 3008).....i wonder the new walan also smile_big.gif

rabpaul

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

rabpaul

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
QUOTE (enduser @ Sep 8 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
imo
1. nasim can sell 4 speeder side by side with 6 speeder..diff price with diff spec
2. i belief the new 207 sedan will come with the 4 speeder also.There is market for it
3. by end of this year few car coming in with 6 or 7 speeder eg golf, fiesta,cruze etc so pug dun want to be left out...i wonder the new walan also smile_big.gif

6/7 speeds sounds attractive but its really properly spaced speeds that are important.
Somehow the addition of 2 overdrive speeds, as in 3008, is really not that useful unless its about highway driving and FC.