Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Peugeot 308 Turbo 6 A/T

• Please log in to reply

jesmel2010

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

jesmel2010

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
Dear Peers, any Peu 308 expertise out here to advise me pls. anyone out there intend to buy 6-speeds?

Has anyone heard about new Peu 308 Turbo with 6-speeds? i got to know abt this from Naza PJ's SA last week.The SA told me i would be able to get the new 6-speeds in Nov 10 if i would be able to book & pay deposit asap & cost ard RM116888.00 with goodies like RM800 vouchers for 3M crystalline solarguard tint. I went to Naza TTDI & called Naza Juru to double check on the facts but the SAs from these dealers are giving different facts frm Naza PJ, both Naza TTDI & juru claimed that there's no indication given by their managements yet that this 6-speeds model will be launched anytime soon don't think it's within this year & no indication on the price yet. They also claimed that no way they can offer RM800 vouchers. This has caused a deep confusion to me, howcome the SAs from different branches are giving different facts? Would it be the SA frm Naza PJ get the 1st hand informations or simply hamtam & bullshitting me to get sales 1st? smile_blackeye.gif

cheers! smile_approve.gif

ikus

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
QUOTE (jesmel2010 @ Sep 7 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Peers, any Peu 308 expertise out here to advise me pls. anyone out there intend to buy 6-speeds?

Has anyone heard about new Peu 308 Turbo with 6-speeds? i got to know abt this from Naza PJ's SA last week.The SA told me i would be able to get the new 6-speeds in Nov 10 if i would be able to book & pay deposit asap & cost ard RM116888.00 with goodies like RM800 vouchers for 3M crystalline solarguard tint. I went to Naza TTDI & called Naza Juru to double check on the facts but the SAs from these dealers are giving different facts frm Naza PJ, both Naza TTDI & juru claimed that there's no indication given by their managements yet that this 6-speeds model will be launched anytime soon don't think it's within this year & no indication on the price yet. They also claimed that no way they can offer RM800 vouchers. This has caused a deep confusion to me, howcome the SAs from different branches are giving different facts? Would it be the SA frm Naza PJ get the 1st hand informations or simply hamtam & bullshitting me to get sales 1st? smile_blackeye.gif

my instructor "Ivan Khong" said to me that NASIM will launch the 6-speed Peugeot 308 end of this year...
Mr. Romeo

hereticbar

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (jesmel2010 @ Sep 7 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have been saying roughly the same shit for the last 6 or 7 months. How creditable are they is up to you to decide.

All I can say is it will be here when it is here.

benfoo

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

benfoo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
Mate...wud Mr Ivan Khong be in anyway related to one Mr Thai-Chek Khong???

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (ikus @ Sep 7 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my instructor "Ivan Khong" said to me that NASIM will launch the 6-speed Peugeot 308 end of this year...

ikus

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
QUOTE (benfoo @ Sep 7 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mate...wud Mr Ivan Khong be in anyway related to one Mr Thai-Chek Khong???

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

uh? Who is Mr Thai-Chek Khong??? smile_tongue.gif
Mr. Romeo

kenso

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (ikus @ Sep 7 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
uh? Who is Mr Thai-Chek Khong??? smile_tongue.gif

"Thai Chek Khong" in Cantonese translates to Mr Bullsh*t laugh.gif

Coming back to the topic, indeed the 6 speeder story has been circulating for months .... and month after month the launch date is postponed until no one even knows for sure when it will be launched, if ever. But as to the offer of 3M tint vouchers, it might be possible if the SA wants to forgo a portion of his commission. Each car sold earns the SA RM1,000 from Nasim. SA gets a bit more from third party companies such as tint and it is common for tint company to mark up their offer price to the standard selling price, then give so-called discount to reduce the cost. I bet u that SA in Naza PJ tells u the voucher is only valid to a certain shop/chain of shops since it is a pre-negotiated deal.

ikus

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

ikus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 718 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Sep 7 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coming back to the topic, indeed the 6 speeder story has been circulating for months .... and month after month the launch date is postponed until no one even knows for sure when it will be launched, if ever. But as to the offer of 3M tint vouchers, it might be possible if the SA wants to forgo a portion of his commission. Each car sold earns the SA RM1,000 from Nasim. SA gets a bit more from third party companies such as tint and it is common for tint company to mark up their offer price to the standard selling price, then give so-called discount to reduce the cost. I bet u that SA in Naza PJ tells u the voucher is only valid to a certain shop/chain of shops since it is a pre-negotiated deal.

well mr ivan khong is non related to mr bullsh't actually...his daily ride is Subaru Impreza "anytime can smoke our pug". He has become instructor since he was 17.
Mr. Romeo

kenso

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:01 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (ikus @ Sep 7 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well mr ivan khong is non related to mr bullsh't actually...his daily ride is Subaru Impreza "anytime can smoke our pug". He has become instructor since he was 17.

I`m sure Ben was just joking, bro. Nevertheless, out of curiousity and certainly no disrespect intended, bro .... what makes Mr Ivan Khong's information more reliable than the other sources? Does he know some high-ups in HQ?

jesmel2010

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

jesmel2010

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Sep 7 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wishful thinking of 6speed for now then :| That SA mentioned 800bucks voucher for 3M crystaline film, which is so called factory fitted smile_question.gif Yeah, smells of bs.

And she also mentioned 308thp uses timing chain, can anyone verify this?

hereticbar

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:12 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (ikus @ Sep 7 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Am I supposed to be impressed?