Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Atf

• Please log in to reply

teerex

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

teerex

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 632 posts
Hi Bros,
Just wonder if u guy have any problems with ur atf?
I mean which is suitable for us?
Any ideas???? : : smile_question.gif
The ultimate measure of man is not what he stands for in moments of comfort or convenience, but where he stands at times of challenges and controversy.

r3xt0n

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:04 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (teerex @ Sep 3 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bros,
Just wonder if u guy have any problems with ur atf?
I mean which is suitable for us?
Any ideas???? : : smile_question.gif

Are you looking for ATF for Rexton? If yes, here is the info that is on the 1st page of Rexton Hub. The price is from authorised service center, you should get it cheaper outside.

Gear Oil ATF 134 REX = RM56.00 X 5 = RM280.00

Psst.. if you google "atf rexton" , you should see the Rexton Hub on the top 3 of the result.

byebye2u

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
mine from Mercedes, forgot the grade, RM38 per litre.

WARNING - for Rexton do not used other than specified grade, may cause serious damage.

NIK

rx270xdi

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:43 AM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
[quote name='byebye2u' date='Sep 3 2010, 11:02 PM' post='1599089']
mine from Mercedes, forgot the grade, RM38 per litre.

WARNING - for Rexton do not used other than specified grade, may cause serious damage.

NIK

Base on rexton user manual requirement is ATF 3353, which is meets to MB sheet 236.12 or .10 or lower, for most of the 5 or 7 speed automatic trans is require for the spec, the ATF3353 will replace by the ATF134 in the future, it meets to MB sheet 236.14 as well as .12 and .10, which is more to 7speed trans requirement.

Hi byebye2u, pls double confirm your Mercedes ATF packing, see behind the instruction, there should be the number 236.10, yours is from mercedes service centre or the mercedes 1liter packing.? As i know those 1liter packing Mercedes ATF is ATF3404.

Most of the MB ATF are from this two major supplier Fuchs and Shell, ATF3353 and ATF134 you can find it from maker Shell, Fuchs and Mobil but only Fuchs is available in Malaysia, price will be around RM48 to RM52, depend on the quantity you get.

byebye2u

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Hi rx270xdi, thank you, i will check from the workshop which ATF is used for my rexton. I had searched dozen of supplier around my area for ATF3353 or ATF134 but couldn't find it, the ATF pack that my workshop source from mercedes do not have 3353 or 134 number.autocity ssangyong service centre use ATF from MOBIL!!!!that is why I didn't went there.But so far the gear change is still very very smooth .I change every 20K, another 7K before next change.thanks bro smile_thumbup.gif

rx270xdi

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Sep 4 2010, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi rx270xdi, thank you, i will check from the workshop which ATF is used for my rexton. I had searched dozen of supplier around my area for ATF3353 or ATF134 but couldn't find it, the ATF pack that my workshop source from mercedes do not have 3353 or 134 number.autocity ssangyong service centre use ATF from MOBIL!!!!that is why I didn't went there.But so far the gear change is still very very smooth .I change every 20K, another 7K before next change.thanks bro smile_thumbup.gif

You are welcome byebye2u, i also been sourcing around since i bough my rexton in Jan 2010, before that i replace the otehrs brand of ATF from germany till now, it still goes smooth, just worried incase the problems come, it will be very costly for repair the trans, for sure the service centre will sloter head. Haha! Actually the interval of changing the ATF is 60K KM.

byebye2u

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Sep 5 2010, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are welcome byebye2u, i also been sourcing around since i bough my rexton in Jan 2010, before that i replace the otehrs brand of ATF from germany till now, it still goes smooth, just worried incase the problems come, it will be very costly for repair the trans, for sure the service centre will sloter head. Haha! Actually the interval of changing the ATF is 60K KM.

I have damage 3 gearbox already on previous Ride and that with 40k interval!! smile_tongue.gif I think the way I drive the gearbox cannot take it hahahahahaha, that is why i choose shorter interval.Yup , the specified ATF for rexton is tough to get, even service centre also using the wrong one.

rx270xdi

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Sep 5 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have damage 3 gearbox already on previous Ride and that with 40k interval!! smile_tongue.gif I think the way I drive the gearbox cannot take it hahahahahaha, that is why i choose shorter interval.Yup , the specified ATF for rexton is tough to get, even service centre also using the wrong one.

Bro, are you the F1 driver...?
You been damage 3 gearbox.? Wow, your driving style must be very scary. Hahaha.

byebye2u

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:40 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Sep 5 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, are you the F1 driver...?
You been damage 3 gearbox.? Wow, your driving style must be very scary. Hahaha.

No laa, i'm younger than michael schumacher ..hihihihi...I'm not than lucky with car...or the opposite .

errierext

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:05 PM

errierext

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Sep 5 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tat crazy mannnn.... How much each gbox cost u? Maybe u shuld change to manual lah...