Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Auto Gearbox Suitable For Viva Manual

• Please log in to reply

pohguat81

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

pohguat81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi, all bro and sis..........i'm currently driving viva 660cc manual which newly bought in July 2010.....

But in KL area, I found myself hard to adopt to traffic situation all the time.....

I wish to change the transmission from manual to auto....

Unfortunately, as i seek for many mechanics to solve my problem, they hard to get the suitable gearbox for me....

as they said the viva engine design & size, etc are different with other local cars...so they cant help me to do so....

I'm so sad about that....if i wanna sell the new car as 2nd hand car, i might be lose few k.....

i still believe there is suitable gearbox in the market....

can anyone help me?? or switch the auto with mine?

any suggestion for suitable gearbox for me??

i will be very grateful if any of u can help me....

i staying in subang jaya.....pls help....

thanks thanks alot!!!!! teu30.gif

KL3223

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:48 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (pohguat81 @ Sep 1 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm so sad about that....if i wanna sell the new car as 2nd hand car, i might be lose few k.....

thinking of it this way - you trade in your Viva (M) for the Viva (A), you will lose a few K.
but to get your Viva (M)converted to become Viva (A), you need to pay for :

1) a new/recond gearbox
2) labour to dismantle the (A) and install the (M)
3) you may need to get the ECU change or re-adjusted

by doing (1), (2) and (3) above, wouldn't that add to a few K also?
and there is NO guarantee your car will be problem free. I have seen a guy who converted his car from (A) to (M) by changing the entire engine, ecu and gear box but the car couldn't start due to some immobilizer issue. ends up he needed to buy another aftermarket ecu to get the immobilizer bypassed.

finally, the worst part, your warranty is void because you have modified the car.

and if your car is involved in an accident (touchwood), some insurer may refuse to pay in full because they can blame your modification as a cause toward the accident. Worth it?

FYI, I have been driving cars with manual gearbox since 2007 and using them for everyday use... yah, when it jams, OMG what a feeling. But when it doesn't jam, its OMG what a great feeling too! Once you get the hack of driving a manual ride, you will love it! It is more fuel efficient too!

Think carefully before proceeding, and if you really need to proceed, try checking with your perodua sales advisor if they allow you to trade in, and if yes, how much losses or top up to be incurred.

rallychamp

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:41 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
several options...

1)go swap with auto 660viva...(who wants manual)

2)check with halfcut for mira avy 660 auto gb (might come from 660T engine)

3)check with mech if L9 auto was compatible...

*if kancil 660 it was an easy job bcoz mira L2 autobox 3speeder are plenty...installation also was easy...but not sure about thoses model stated above...

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

pohguat81

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:13 AM

pohguat81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Sep 1 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thinking of it this way - you trade in your Viva (M) for the Viva (A), you will lose a few K.

1) a new/recond gearbox

and there is NO guarantee your car will be problem free. I have seen a guy who converted his car from (A) to (M) by changing the entire engine, ecu and gear box but the car couldn't start due to some immobilizer issue. ends up he needed to buy another aftermarket ecu to get the immobilizer bypassed.

finally, the worst part, your warranty is void because you have modified the car.

and if your car is involved in an accident (touchwood), some insurer may refuse to pay in full because they can blame your modification as a cause toward the accident. Worth it?

FYI, I have been driving cars with manual gearbox since 2007 and using them for everyday use... yah, when it jams, OMG what a feeling. But when it doesn't jam, its OMG what a great feeling too! Once you get the hack of driving a manual ride, you will love it! It is more fuel efficient too!

Think carefully before proceeding, and if you really need to proceed, try checking with your perodua sales advisor if they allow you to trade in, and if yes, how much losses or top up to be incurred.

Thank you very much for providing me useful suggestion....i will try to look for any perodua sales advisor...as for long term purpose....the way i wan to change the transmission oso cant solve the problem.....and might bring me more problem....i'm now aware of this.........so thankful...^^

ahk

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

ahk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Sep 1 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) a new/recond gearbox

This is a very good piece of advise. Great !!

KL3223

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (pohguat81 @ Sep 2 2010, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you very much for providing me useful suggestion....i will try to look for any perodua sales advisor...as for long term purpose....the way i wan to change the transmission oso cant solve the problem.....and might bring me more problem....i'm now aware of this.........so thankful...^^

pohguat81: try a few perodua SA, especially those who can get a confirmation on the trade in value. Once you have the T/I value, post it here, and maybe I can help you calculate actual loss/top up. No, I am not SA, just merely trying to help. You can also try to post your Viva (M) for sale at Autoworld For sale section and other portal like mudah.my or Motortrader.

QUOTE (ahk @ Sep 2 2010, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a very good piece of advise. Great !!

ahk: Sharing is caring, bro

jacksonljs

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

jacksonljs

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
QUOTE (pohguat81 @ Sep 1 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, all bro and sis..........i'm currently driving viva 660cc manual which newly bought in July 2010.....

But in KL area, I found myself hard to adopt to traffic situation all the time.....

I wish to change the transmission from manual to auto....

Unfortunately, as i seek for many mechanics to solve my problem, they hard to get the suitable gearbox for me....

as they said the viva engine design & size, etc are different with other local cars...so they cant help me to do so....

i still believe there is suitable gearbox in the market....

can anyone help me?? or switch the auto with mine?

any suggestion for suitable gearbox for me??

i will be very grateful if any of u can help me....

i staying in subang jaya.....pls help....

thanks thanks alot!!!!! teu30.gif

In this case, i suggest forget the idea about coverting your viva 660 to auto as i think this puny 660cc NA engine is actually not capable with auto, because manual verison is already too underpowered (even 850cc manual also underpowered as i tested before), what's more with heavier body than Kancil. Another reason is many job are required (changing radiator fan, ECU, wiring diagram, patching clutch cable hole) to complete the gearbox conversion. Even 660cc manual Kancil (stock standard, except 1st edition one) also are severely underpowered coz when climbing uphill even with single driver (not Genting Highland uphill) also need to turn-off air-cond just to get the decent speed.

About trading in your Viva, although you will lose few Ks (abt RM5k - RM6k from original purchase price) but i think it's still a good idea rather than do conversion. Another solution is to find other car buyer that will 'sambung bayar' your monthly car instalments after checking with your finance company about how much outstanding loan you have.

Also, a brand new Viva 1.0 auto (non-elite) cost only RM35.9k (after discount).

pohguat81

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

pohguat81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Sep 2 2010, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pohguat81: try a few perodua SA, especially those who can get a confirmation on the trade in value. Once you have the T/I value, post it here, and maybe I can help you calculate actual loss/top up. No, I am not SA, just merely trying to help. You can also try to post your Viva (M) for sale at Autoworld For sale section and other portal like mudah.my or Motortrader.

ahk: Sharing is caring, bro

ya, im waiting the person to reply me....

before this i had post at mudah.my....then got ppl replied me....

he wanna buy my car....but his location is at London....and he said he is using paypal....
so he gave me the price is RM25k...(i bought the car at RM25,300)...
so i think ok...then he said he oredi made the payment to paypal....
and i oso get a email notification from paypal regarding the payment....
he oso pay for the pick up to his shipper RM2600....but this amount he total it and pay to paypal RM27600 to me....
only that this amount is still hold by paypal until the transaction is made....
so he wan me to pay RM2600 to his shipper so that his shipper can arrange for pick up the car with all relevant documents....

as i never use the service of paypal...thus i'm afraid once i pay for RM2600 and the shipper come n pickup the car with car registered card....
if i dun receive the final payment then how....

so i dun proceed to do so....even though the price is attractive...as i no nid to lose so much....

anyway....i just hope to get a low cost car to enable me for working purpose only....
initially i choose viva manual bcos when i was driving for a car license....there is no problem for me to drive the old kancil manual car....
and i oso found its simple to drive....and i wan to save cost as the cost of living is too expensive....
but somehow....when i get my new viva car....i very hard to control it and many times very dangerous on the road...
the safety issue is the most important reason for me to change it to auto car....

just waiting for reply....

rallychamp

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
errr...

like that don't trust la kawan...

i sensed that it was a scam...

pls dont procceed with that deal....

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

KL3223

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (jacksonljs @ Sep 2 2010, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another solution is to find other car buyer that will 'sambung bayar' your monthly car instalments after checking with your finance company about how much outstanding loan you have.

Do you know the risks associated with sambung bayar? and do you know who is the ultimate losing person if anything happened to the car (say stolen, major accident etc)? excl.gif