Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Transfer Car Plate To Another Car

• Please log in to reply

Hcivic

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

Hcivic

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
hi all,

need some help from the expert .....

i got one car that is registered under my dad name and the car condition is not working. now i want to transfer the number plate to my new car registed under my name.

my dad car number plate is from negeri sembilan and i heard that i can't tranfer in kl . i hav to go back to negeri sembilan to transfer it.

is that true?

thanks

vr2turbo

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (Hcivic @ Aug 30 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all,

i got one car that is registered under my dad name and the car condition is not working. now i want to transfer the number plate to my new car registed under my name.

my dad car number plate is from negeri sembilan and i heard that i can't tranfer in kl . i hav to go back to negeri sembilan to transfer it.

is that true?

thanks

If your new car is already registered, then you cannot transfer.
If new car have yet to be registered, try getting the salesman to help you....
Maybe use a runner to run for you, but got to pay..... smile_tongue.gif

mosh

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
i heard that u must go to the state JPJ where the plate registered. and there is a cost of charged. i dunt know how much.. perhaps can check with www.jpj.gov.my

nozzy

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
even though i left motor industry 2yrs back i wud say once no is under dad's name, compulasory the car has to go thru inspection to check on chassis & engine no to get it transfer to u. Reason being tat to prove tat the car exist & has not got any transplant of engine. Dunno bout transfer, think it can be done only registration to be done at particuler state.

vr2turbo

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:10 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (nozzy @ Sep 3 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
even though i left motor industry 2yrs back i wud say once no is under dad's name, compulasory the car has to go thru inspection to check on chassis & engine no to get it transfer to u. Reason being tat to prove tat the car exist & has not got any transplant of engine. Dunno bout transfer, think it can be done only registration to be done at particuler state.

That means got to transfer twice.
One for dad name to his name, then swap number with new number/car.
If transfer dad name to his name, then need to go for inspection already...... smile_shock.gif

EvolutionZ

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

EvolutionZ

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
1st - owner have to be same i.e old car and new car
2nd - both cars have to send for puspakom inspection
3rd - both documents have to send to runner for interchange
4th - pay runner charges
5th - enjoy yr new car.

in between the process, u need to sign some forms, buy a new number plate if u wanna maintain a good number for yr old car which u took the number to put in new car. amend the insurance details and inform the bank about the changes etc.

good luck....if u need contact ...pls pm me..
cheerz

vr2turbo

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (EvolutionZ @ Sep 5 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1st - owner have to be same i.e old car and new car
2nd - both cars have to send for puspakom inspection
3rd - both documents have to send to runner for interchange
4th - pay runner charges
5th - enjoy yr new car.

in between the process, u need to sign some forms, buy a new number plate if u wanna maintain a good number for yr old car which u took the number to put in new car. amend the insurance details and inform the bank about the changes etc.

good luck....if u need contact ...pls pm me..
cheerz

yup, look like it will be very troublesome as car is in Dad's name, so got to transfer that first. Then only swap with new number.. smile_blackeye.gif

EvolutionZ

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:47 AM

EvolutionZ

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 6 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup, look like it will be very troublesome as car is in Dad's name, so got to transfer that first. Then only swap with new number.. smile_blackeye.gif

yup, u can actually transfer the old car into yr name and then do the interchange. will take time cos now raya. most probably 20th onward only they full force....

vr2turbo

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (EvolutionZ @ Sep 8 2010, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup, u can actually transfer the old car into yr name and then do the interchange. will take time cos now raya. most probably 20th onward only they full force....

Back in full force, but momentum not started yet........still will be a bit slow...... smile_big.gif

ling85

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

ling85

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (Hcivic @ Aug 30 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all,

is that true?

thanks

Hi, I'm now facing the exact same condition. I'm having a very old car under my mom's name which I want to change to my new car. However the car is not in driving condition now. May I know whether you were able to do the interchange back then?