Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Vios 2010

• Please log in to reply

sakimoto

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:58 PM

sakimoto

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Any problems with the new toyota 2010? Here's my problem :-

1) Received an official letter requesting me to send my vios G-series to SC due to engine room main wire-harness rubs against passenger-side airbag assembly. This may cause possible malfunctions on some electrical circuits. (Wow...I wonder will this affect the airbags?? Some serious safety problems may occur?? I should ask them whether is my safety at risk)2)

2) Gear changing problems. This is some serious problem and I will be writing to them on Monday to officially complain. At least got some proof if anything happen to me my family can sue them.
It happened 3 times so far. I was travelling up/ascending the new flyover from LDP heading to One-U at a constant speed of 60km/h and when the car descended, I got a shock of sudden acceleration to 100 km/h and the rpm was at around 4.5-5k. I have to let my foot off the fuel pedal and step on the brake only the gear would lock at 4th gear. It will then only back to normal speed at around 70 km/h.

Please leave any comments or if other Vios owners has these problems. I will be posting at lowyat forum soon.

LS71

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (sakimoto @ Aug 28 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) Received an official letter requesting me to send my vios G-series to SC due to engine room main wire-harness rubs against passenger-side airbag assembly. This may cause possible malfunctions on some electrical circuits. (Wow...I wonder will this affect the airbags?? Some serious safety problems may occur?? I should ask them whether is my safety at risk)2)

2) Gear changing problems. This is some serious problem and I will be writing to them on Monday to officially complain. At least got some proof if anything happen to me my family can sue them.
It happened 3 times so far. I was travelling up/ascending the new flyover from LDP heading to One-U at a constant speed of 60km/h and when the car descended, I got a shock of sudden acceleration to 100 km/h and the rpm was at around 4.5-5k. I have to let my foot off the fuel pedal and step on the brake only the gear would lock at 4th gear. It will then only back to normal speed at around 70 km/h.

Please leave any comments or if other Vios owners has these problems. I will be posting at lowyat forum soon.

Hi, for your problem no 2 it seem not similiar to the earlier Toyota problem happen at US but it is scary too! especially for inexperience drivers, they may get shock with this sudden happening!

alldisc

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (sakimoto @ Aug 28 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. if not mistaken they just want to check only. FOC. you must be greatful that Toyota care. in my understanding if anything happen to the wire (cut/torn/short circuit), engine cannot start. it happened to one car and UMW want to check all 60,000 unit vios. fantastic.

2. bro, why complaint here? what benefit do you get? popularity???? sigh, typical malaysian attitude that easily panicked for nothing. go back and check with UMW lah.

7thfort

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

7thfort

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Aug 30 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. if not mistaken they just want to check only. FOC. you must be greatful that Toyota care. in my understanding if anything happen to the wire (cut/torn/short circuit), engine cannot start. it happened to one car and UMW want to check all 60,000 unit vios. fantastic.

2. bro, why complaint here? what benefit do you get? popularity???? sigh, typical malaysian attitude that easily panicked for nothing. go back and check with UMW lah.

I agree with alldisc. Since your car is still under warranty, send it back to UMWToyota for diagnostic and test drive.
"Be Prepared"

ring

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
Some new owners have gotten the initial upfront discount. So, there is no more free service.

Time boom is ticking...each hour is louder too smile_disapprove.gif.

Gear misfeed with info is quite common for those ECT AT version. Probable answer to this could be the wiring inside the gear lever. For less pressing time condition, may a few tightening bolts would solve them. But, still...you need to be ready for "Day-Light Robbery" employed by UMWT these days.

Don't Forget...owner spend millions for 3S Centre need to breakeven lo!

Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

hideiyoshi

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

hideiyoshi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Aug 30 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Macam bad mood only..............relaxs la.........smile pls smile_thumbup.gif

alldisc

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:04 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (hideiyoshi @ Sep 5 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Macam bad mood only..............relaxs la.........smile pls smile_thumbup.gif

biggrin.gif

i am chill! just.... really dont understand some people.

weedboy

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

weedboy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Sep 6 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif

i am chill! just.... really dont understand some people.

To be fair to the poster, UMWSC quality has dropped, i've been to 3 SC's to rectify my problems about 5 times,
and the problems are still there.

Problems:
1. Knocking sound when steering below 30km/h (recitified by my foreman by accident , during alignment and balancing)
2. Rattling rear windows when going over bumps with windows 25% open (when smoking lah)

I've never had issues with previous toyota's, dad's old camry (used to service at SC till it was sold 4 years ago) and my old 85' cressida (foreman).

I'm actually a little dissapointed with fit and finish of the new vios, especially the trim on either side of the radio/ac controls.
It's been misaligned from day 1 and Sc says cannot do anything. smile_blackeye.gif

Reliability wise, it's been very toyota 65k KM so far since 09 and going strong. I suggest all vios owners with issues write a letter to toyota together instead of complaining here. What do you all think?

ring

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (weedboy @ Sep 13 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...... I suggest all vios owners with issues write a letter to toyota together instead of complaining here. What do you all think?

Better safe your precious time (unless it is not) dwelling on other more pressing matter instead. Why...?

Vios cars total sale for annum is about 7,000 units (Other markets 100,000 to 500,000 units), the people who can scream louder would not be us.

Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

weedboy

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

weedboy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Sep 13 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better safe your precious time (unless it is not) dwelling on other more pressing matter instead. Why...?

Vios cars total sale for annum is about 7,000 units (Other markets 100,000 to 500,000 units), the people who can scream louder would not be us.

Hi Ring,

I think it is our right as consumers to voice our dissapointment when a product falls short.
I'm not asking for LEXUS NVH here, just asking them to fix what should not be there in the first place.
If feedback is not given, how do we then expect improvement.

Besides the attitude and competency of the authorised service centres differ from country to country.
AND the attitude of of the local franchise holder. I am very upset with the attitude of SOME Wing Hin staff.
Their SC manager however, deserves due praise.

I hope Toyota improve, as i've been a fan of theirs.
If things don't change however, i don't think i'd get another toyota.