Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Drb-hicom Inks Deal With Vw To Make, Assemble Cars

• Please log in to reply

DC18

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (jflee169 @ Nov 22 2011, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wonder how is the sale of CBU Passat. Fully sold out for the first batch?
That's why VW is going to launch the CKD fast to keep the "heat" of Passat?
If no DSG, then must follow by no TSI. Correct me if I am wrong.

Another issue on why CKD other than better pricing, is the AP limited allocation. With such a good sales for CBU VW, DRB could be low on AP. THey rather use it for higher price cars.

And Suzuki Kizahi has been in Malaysia for 1 year and nothing is happening. Maybe Suzuki AP have to give way to VW.

jt101

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

jt101

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
QUOTE (jflee169 @ Nov 22 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was told there a price reduction around 7% from CBU price. but not sure about specs.
i personally definitely a specs reduction follow by the price reduction, reduce air-bag?

CKD cost less than CBU.

Due to import duty % reduction right? Price reduction should be purely based on the import duty effects.

Unless there is a big price reduction , then specs reduction is acceptable , at least to me.

If CKD unit, reduce price and reduce specs/accessories, then it is not right to me. ohmy.gif

DC18

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
SA inform is a false information and VGM will issue statement soon.

benthewen

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

benthewen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Nov 23 2011, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SA inform is a false information and VGM will issue statement soon.

yup was told that it's a rumor!!
rumor from the star?? smile_blush.gif

kenso

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
Ya wor .... my SA also informed me VGM is disavowing any news related to this.

hakimi79

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
KUALA LUMPUR: The first Completely Knock Down (CKD) Volkswagen Passat model began production roll-out at the DRB-Hicom Automotive Complex in Pekan on Wednesday.

"Volkswagen Group Malaysia has submitted the recommended retail price of CKD Passat to the government and was awaiting approval before retailing could commence," said DRB-Hicom group managing director Datuk Seri Mohd Khamil Jamil in a statement to clarify an earlier Bernama report which said the model would hit the market on Wednesday.

To date, DRB-Hicom has assembled about 70 units of the CKD Passat 1.8 model.

"Volkswagen Group Malaysia will make the necessary announcements pertaining to availability of the CKD Volkswagen Passat and its recommended retail price in due course," said Mohd Khamil.

In August 2010, Volkswagen AG signed a memorandum of understanding with DRB-Hicom to produce Volkswagen cars at DRB-Hicom's automotive complex.
-Bernama

DC18

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
SA did say that is just opening of the Factory but not machinery yet to operate so how fast can the 70 units of CKD passat will out is anyone guess.

khlee23

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Nov 24 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SA did say that is just opening of the Factory but not machinery yet to operate so how fast can the 70 units of CKD passat will out is anyone guess.

Easy.. Just like other SKD conti.... fix doors and covers only !! The rest are ships over in complete car.
Life is short. Seize the day!