Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Saga / Persona / Gen2 Cps

• Please log in to reply

ain206

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 11 2011, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in Proton SC in Glenmarie this morning for the 2nd service of my daughter's car. The krek krek sound on the driver dorr side was rectify and it was due to a loose regulator screw. They are smart in trying to increse the charge by including unnecessry item such as oil treatment and antibac which will add rm100 to the cost.

Told them is was not necessary and just do the normal oil and filter change and attend to my complaint on the krek krek sound and the aircond which i think in not cool enough. Nothing wrong with the aircond as perhaps it was design that way but got to know that there is a filter attach to the blower . it can easily be reach if we take off the compartment at the passenger side. Not that i can call it a filter as it is just a neting between the air intake and the blower that will trap dust. Will DIY by putting some sort of paper filter that will filter smaller dust maybe at the expense of smaller air volume passing through. Put a paper freshner in between and we will get consistant nice smell and longer lasting unclog cooling coil .

try it out guys.....

one more think to FL owner who wants the bonnet heat insulator, i was told it is available and sold for abot rm180. it is the same as what was install in the BLM/SE/WAJA.... available at Proton part & service center in Glenmarie. I will call them to find out the actual price and update later.....

Gunnerzz

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 11 2011, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one more think to FL owner who wants the bonnet heat insulator, i was told it is available and sold for abot rm180. it is the same as what was install in the BLM/SE/WAJA.... available at Proton part & service center in Glenmarie. I will call them to find out the actual price and update later.....

I was bored last sunday and while poking here and there inside the store i saw an item which is leftover of my dad's old satria.
After some mod and diy i manage to get it installed on my BLM. now my BLM produce this sweet note at above 2500rpm.
The low end picup is a lot better,car felt lighter and fc is oso better.

I oso got the spring damper thing installed on the front suspension and the improvement is not that noticeable on straight line.
On corner, there seems to be lesser body roll.
Its a lot more comfortable than bouncing around previously.

ain206

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ May 11 2011, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was bored last sunday and while poking here and there inside the store i saw an item which is leftover of my dad's old satria.
After some mod and diy i manage to get it installed on my BLM. now my BLM produce this sweet note at above 2500rpm.
The low end picup is a lot better,car felt lighter and fc is oso better.

I oso got the spring damper thing installed on the front suspension and the improvement is not that noticeable on straight line.
On corner, there seems to be lesser body roll.
Its a lot more comfortable than bouncing around previously.

what is the leftover thing. exhaust system, air filter ???? ....share it out...

Gunnerzz

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 12 2011, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what is the leftover thing. exhaust system, air filter ???? ....share it out...

No lah, just an open pod Simota air filter.
I can really feel the improvement.
It really improve the drive ability of the car.

When u drive it normally, it sound as usual only that the pickup is smoother and the car felt a lot lighter.
When it gets beyond 2800rpm its a different story.It sounded soo sweet and the power is all there to be utilize.

ain206

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
my first long distance travel with my daughter's FL. Travel for 330km with 4 passenger and full luggage sending my son to college in Pahang. The karak hway really test the car There are time the GB downshift to 2nd gear but most of the time it is on 3rd of top gear. Max speed is about 135km/h and i would say average is about 90km/h as ir involve about an hour of trunk road. On coming back it is raining heavily . Feel comfortable at 100km/h but on connering the Goodyear ducaro is a thumb down.

Reaching home fill up the tank for RM55.00. The consumption of 11.4km/L or 8.7L/100km is not bad considering the route and load. Current mileage is 5800km

What do other FL or BLM owner thing about this?

ntc2000

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 22 2011, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my first long distance travel with my daughter's FL. Travel for 330km with 4 passenger and full luggage sending my son to college in Pahang. The karak hway really test the car There are time the GB downshift to 2nd gear but most of the time it is on 3rd of top gear. Max speed is about 135km/h and i would say average is about 90km/h as ir involve about an hour of trunk road. On coming back it is raining heavily . Feel comfortable at 100km/h but on connering the Goodyear ducaro is a thumb down.

Reaching home fill up the tank for RM55.00. The consumption of 11.4km/L or 8.7L/100km is not bad considering the route and load. Current mileage is 5800km

What do other FL or BLM owner thing about this?

ooo... urs 1 is duraco.. my sis is synergy m3. both r suk.. smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
Latest fc
Mileage : 434.4 km
Fuel : 28.945 l
cost : RM 55
Fuel : Caltex Ron 95

Thats 15km/l. My BLM minor mod are :
1. Simota open pod air filter
2. Water injection
3. NGK Iridium IX

Condition are 90% cruising at 80-90kmh. Occasionally go beyond 120kmh.
Tyres are Michelin Certis. Aircon is always on.

ain206

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ May 25 2011, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Latest fc
Mileage : 434.4 km
Fuel : 28.945 l
cost : RM 55
Fuel : Caltex Ron 95

Thats 15km/l. My BLM minor mod are :
1. Simota open pod air filter
2. Water injection
3. NGK Iridium IX

Condition are 90% cruising at 80-90kmh. Occasionally go beyond 120kmh.
Tyres are Michelin Certis. Aircon is always on.

how nice to record above 400km...... smile_thumbup.gif what is your milage now..... mine is 5500km now...maybe still abit tight... at time i tekan above 140km/h to make the engine robust otherwise it will semput if pamper to much....

Bro Gunnerzz , do you thing K&N filter will make any different

Gunnerzz

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ May 25 2011, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how nice to record above 400km...... smile_thumbup.gif what is your milage now..... mine is 5500km now...maybe still abit tight... at time i tekan above 140km/h to make the engine robust otherwise it will semput if pamper to much....

Bro Gunnerzz , do you thing K&N filter will make any different

Forgot to mention, mileage is 45k km.

I cant comment on K&N but i guess the effect is similar with the Simota i am currently using.
What i can share on the Simota is that it hugely helps the engine to breathe easier on lower rev (below 2500k rpm).
Therefore we dont have to rev higher to get moving. The car felt lighter.
So, if our driving style does not change, fc will be better.
Overtaking is also easier.

However, if u get addictive to the meaty intake sound and the picku,p fc will remain the same if not worst.
When i 1st got it installed, i still get the usual 320km per full tank with moderate driving. Mind u moderate to my standard is different to yours as its subjective to individual.

When new, it took me about 6k km to get the engine running optimum fc. This depends on driving style oso.

ain206

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ May 25 2011, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forgot to mention, mileage is 45k km.

I cant comment on K&N but i guess the effect is similar with the Simota i am currently using.
What i can share on the Simota is that it hugely helps the engine to breathe easier on lower rev (below 2500k rpm).
Therefore we dont have to rev higher to get moving. The car felt lighter.
So, if our driving style does not change, fc will be better.
Overtaking is also easier.

However, if u get addictive to the meaty intake sound and the picku,p fc will remain the same if not worst.
When i 1st got it installed, i still get the usual 320km per full tank with moderate driving. Mind u moderate to my standard is different to yours as its subjective to individual.

When new, it took me about 6k km to get the engine running optimum fc. This depends on driving style oso.

right on..... only thing is FL 1.6 now is on sale