Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Best Handling Cheap Car(which One)

• Please log in to reply

artemus

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
at 1st i tot its a 2001 nissan sentra smile_approve.gif
cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont b cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast

vr2turbo

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Aug 5 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
or actually u did see this lancer??? smile_tongue.gif

*lancer cedia....(use gasoline direct injection system-GDI)

-or better known as lancer ck....(thats why mivec ck can fit into waja/gen2/neo chasis)

because proton saga use lancer fiore (as basic chasis)....when comes to wira then use lancer evo1-3,then waja and latest use lance cedia /evo4 and above chasis type...and yes still using mitsu chasis tech. but have been redesigned here and there beneath it to suits proton more...huhuhuh...

neraly OOT d.. fing01.gif

Still on the Waja, so 1/3 on topic....heh! heh!
Nope, the front looks exactly like the Waja, except the rear lamps. Body also same shape..... smile_tongue.gif

Informer

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Aug 5 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro..,
There had been speculation over the past couple of years that this new model - called the Waja - would either be based on the Mitsubishi Lancer or the Mitsubishi Carisma, a model which Mitsubishi jointly developed with Volvo (the Volvo version is the S40) primarily for the European market. While not directly denying suggestions of the Carisma being the basis, Proton officials stress that the Waja is very much an indigenous design and that Proton will not pay royalties to Mitsubishi.

So what's is the verdict... the late Waja uses Lancer or Carisma chassis..?
But then... see the material made...
Proton Waja - Malaysia - what material and parts...
Proton Impian - Uk Specs - what material and parts used...

If anyone says that any Proton UK specs is better or at par with Japs/ Korean cars sold in Europe... I totally agree... smile_thumbup.gif
because... driven a Langkawi Duty Free (UK spec) Wira 1.6xLi... and don't feels that it's a Proton... of Japanese feel...

So... a bit of double standard in terms of quality, if not, the cars sold there won't pass the stringent European car specifications standards...

See what TopGear Host says about our cars...
Click here...
Comparison Malaysian and Korean cars...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

artemus

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
lont time ago, before i hv my driving licience, i heard that citroen gv somekind of warranty if their car terbalik (except accident cases). they will replace it with a new car.. wonder how true is it

rallychamp

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Aug 6 2010, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lont time ago, before i hv my driving licience, i heard that citroen gv somekind of warranty if their car terbalik (except accident cases). they will replace it with a new car.. wonder how true is it

if not mistaken it was citroen ZX Turbo-DIesel With centralized Hydraulic damper....

(got lever beside handbrakes which u can adjust ride-height level up and down).... smile_tongue.gif

and i starting to remember that way longggg before waja come into production,this was my much admired conti car.....but an experience maintaining its hydraulic system was a nightmare!....

-the stock hydraulic hose becomes harden due to hot climates here and bursttt.....hydraulic leaking....to replace it in such a tigh space of its engine bay..wallan eh.....after much twisting and bending my arm+finger then only new hoses can be replaced..... smile_sleepy.gif (during my workshop job)

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

Newkelisa

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Aug 5 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There had been speculation over the past couple of years that this new model - called the Waja - would either be based on the Mitsubishi Lancer or the Mitsubishi Carisma, a model which Mitsubishi jointly developed with Volvo (the Volvo version is the S40) primarily for the European market. While not directly denying suggestions of the Carisma being the basis, Proton officials stress that the Waja is very much an indigenous design and that Proton will not pay royalties to Mitsubishi.

So what's is the verdict... the late Waja uses Lancer or Carisma chassis..?

I think you have quite nicely summed up everything.

Maybe Proton was saying that the waja chassis was not a cut and paste chassis from the Carisma (like our Myvi and Kelisa ... that really cut and paste plus a bit of edit) but it had contributions or inputs during the design from the folks who did developed the Carisma??

Sometimes this so called foreign experts hired by us don't share all they know (kedekut) and don't give us anything new. So maybe these people instead of coming up with a totally new chassis just took bits of design parts here and there from their previous works? And come up with Waja?

I think the really true Proton 100% (if you consider Lotus contribution as in-house) is the Saga BLM smile.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Aug 6 2010, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that was the Citroen Pallas with the air suspension...... smile_tongue.gif

artemus

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:06 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 7 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that was the Citroen Pallas with the air suspension...... smile_tongue.gif

pallas? sound like the leaf that wrap a ketupat during hari raya..hehe

by d way..ive read all the articel n comment about waja..but i cant find the "lotus tuned" part..its all mitsu.. or lotus came in at gen2 and so on?

rallychamp

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Aug 9 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pallas? sound like the leaf that wrap a ketupat during hari raya..hehe

by d way..ive read all the articel n comment about waja..but i cant find the "lotus tuned" part..its all mitsu.. or lotus came in at gen2 and so on?

maybe u should look into the waja pamplete/brochure...it was there as far as i remember 10 years ago....

they show the characteristic of waja "handling" line compared without lotus tuned suspension (over and under steer with waja manage a neutral balance)

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

artemus

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Aug 9 2010, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe u should look into the waja pamplete/brochure...it was there as far as i remember 10 years ago....

they show the characteristic of waja "handling" line compared without lotus tuned suspension (over and under steer with waja manage a neutral balance)

what i mean was (yes i did saw lotus tuned) but in reality which part? chassis from mitsu, suspension from kayaba or monroe right? or the design of multilink suspension?