Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

White Questions

• Please log in to reply

jackson

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
QUOTE (junbecks @ Aug 3 2010, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its like assuming a person with large breasts is a woman (not true)
or a person wearing pants, but coloured yellow, is gay. (again, not always true)
...test spots.

laugh.gif 059.gif
It's easy when you know how...

vr2turbo

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:32 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,464 posts
QUOTE (ey11684 @ Aug 2 2010, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great tip bro. The blower will minimise such issues on any car, not only white. Don't know how i lived without it before, but don't know how the neighbours live with it now smile_big.gif

The blower will help if you are washing the car. If park in the open and rains, the streaks will still be there..... smile_blackeye.gif

ey11684

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

ey11684

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 3 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The blower will help if you are washing the car. If park in the open and rains, the streaks will still be there..... smile_blackeye.gif

Actually i believe that regular washing and blowing 2-3 times a week will reduce streaks around the mirror and other areas as there will be less dirt to cause the streaking due to the constant flushing of the area. My white car only has streaking on the back end when it rains due to the accumulation of dust if i did not wash the car for even 1 day. A good strong spray of water before washing will clear off such streaks easily, as long as it is fresh.
Alvin

vr2turbo

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,464 posts
QUOTE (ey11684 @ Aug 3 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually i believe that regular washing and blowing 2-3 times a week will reduce streaks around the mirror and other areas as there will be less dirt to cause the streaking due to the constant flushing of the area. My white car only has streaking on the back end when it rains due to the accumulation of dust if i did not wash the car for even 1 day. A good strong spray of water before washing will clear off such streaks easily, as long as it is fresh.

If you wash after the rain or within the week, the streaks stains can be removed.
It is those who do not wash for a period of time, so the streaks get bake on after a while.
Of course easily removable by polish..... smile_tongue.gif

ey11684

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

ey11684

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 3 2010, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you wash after the rain or within the week, the streaks stains can be removed.
It is those who do not wash for a period of time, so the streaks get bake on after a while.
Of course easily removable by polish..... smile_tongue.gif

For me, the word 'Rain' has the same meaning as 'Car wash' - especially for the white car. smile_big.gif
Alvin

spirit36

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Aug 2 2010, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew tht those Jap CBU Mitsu Evo9 -10 are without CC .

Bro,
Very interesting point you post up there.
I am suprise that the CBU unit comes without CC!!

I guest the paint color have already been mixed with hardener and act as a coat after spraying.
To my limited uderstanding, a mix of paint with "accelarator" (it can be hardener, CC or any gloss chemical) to strenghten the paint and to speed up the drying time
This accelerator should move the paint around the panels equally so that the gloss able to resurface and gives out the shine.

Just my understanding and yes the new Evo may not have CC afterall.

Cheers

vr2turbo

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,464 posts
QUOTE (ey11684 @ Aug 3 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me, the word 'Rain' has the same meaning as 'Car wash' - especially for the white car. smile_big.gif

Not same leh, unless your wash water is also dirty.....hahahaha smile_big.gif
Rain water depends, at the beginning, the rain water is dirty as it absorbs dirt in the air and comes down with it.
If heavy shower, then the later rain water will be cleaner..... smile_wink.gif

ey11684

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

ey11684

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 3 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not same leh, unless your wash water is also dirty.....hahahaha smile_big.gif
Rain water depends, at the beginning, the rain water is dirty as it absorbs dirt in the air and comes down with it.
If heavy shower, then the later rain water will be cleaner..... smile_wink.gif

Haha...i don't mean rain will wash my car, i mean i get hit by rain when i'm driving, i have to go home and wash immediately (subject to my 10pm limit i put on myself for using the blower). smile_big.gif
Alvin

vr2turbo

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,464 posts
QUOTE (ey11684 @ Aug 3 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha...i don't mean rain will wash my car, i mean i get hit by rain when i'm driving, i have to go home and wash immediately (subject to my 10pm limit i put on myself for using the blower). smile_big.gif

If after 10pm, wash and dry loh...... smile_thumbup.gif

Have a few DIT with bro. mubull at washing at night. That day tried it myself as was not free in the afternoon and car was dirty. Nice and cool and need not rush to rinse of the shampoo. In the afternoon, the shampoo will dry up..... smile_blackeye.gif
But normally night is rest time already...... smile_tongue.gif

msk

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

msk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 3 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If after 10pm, wash and dry loh...... smile_thumbup.gif

Have a few DIT with bro. mubull at washing at night. That day tried it myself as was not free in the afternoon and car was dirty. Nice and cool and need not rush to rinse of the shampoo. In the afternoon, the shampoo will dry up..... smile_blackeye.gif
But normally night is rest time already...... smile_tongue.gif

Same here.. did a night ONR wash in porch last week and enjoyed it as cool BUT the waxing follow-up is hard as cannot see which part already applied and where it hazes for removal. Also a bit dangerous if dirt in mitt or towel which cannot see well.
Reverse problem in mornings will be the sun is too hot to wax by the time I finish the washing smile.gif