Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kia Rondo Sum Insured

• Please log in to reply

sugen

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
Hi all Rondorian,
I think it is good for us to report our yearly sum insured here..This can also serve as a guide line on the depression on KIA Rondo.. Pls specify your car's model, registeration year, Value purchased at that time &total sum insured for the year to come

1.) Rondo EXS, Registeration August 2009, RM 84,888
Sum insured for year 2011= RM 75,000 (base on the amount recommended by insurance Co.)

Kevin

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
Rondo EXS 2008
Registered November 2008
Insurance coverage for November 2009 till November 2010 - RM68k

ran123

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

ran123

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Jul 27 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rondo EXS 2008
Registered November 2008
Insurance coverage for November 2009 till November 2010 - RM68k

Kevin,

From 88k to 68k?

Hi all,

Went to Naza Showroom and saw Rondo and Forte. Pricing of both is quite affordable and I think RM 90,088 for a 7 seat MPV is deemed value for money.

However, I hope all sifu here that went through the good and bad can help sharing your experience with the rest of us, the potential Rondo owner.

1) RM4k discount versus Spec up, is that worth it? Some SA told RM 3k only, wonder why the difference?
2) I notice the second row is one single piece of bench, would that be a hassle?
3) How is the performance and power? North America version is 2.4 and 2.7 while Malaysia is merely 2.0
4) Any problem with Naza services?
5) Talking about insurance, I can make use of NCB for existing for newly purchase car right?
6) Any possibilities car price will come down when interest is moving upwards?

Kevin

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (ran123 @ Jul 28 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kevin,

From 88k to 68k?

Hi all,

Went to Naza Showroom and saw Rondo and Forte. Pricing of both is quite affordable and I think RM 90,088 for a 7 seat MPV is deemed value for money.

However, I hope all sifu here that went through the good and bad can help sharing your experience with the rest of us, the potential Rondo owner.

1) RM4k discount versus Spec up, is that worth it? Some SA told RM 3k only, wonder why the difference?
2) I notice the second row is one single piece of bench, would that be a hassle?
3) How is the performance and power? North America version is 2.4 and 2.7 while Malaysia is merely 2.0
5) Talking about insurance, I can make use of NCB for existing for newly purchase car right?

If the car price is RM88k brand new, buying RM88k insurance is one of the silliest things to do because the moment you drive out of the yard, 10% (if not more) is already knocked off. I normally try to negotiate for a value of 90% of new car price but most of the time, the car dealer will not agree and insist on sticking to the price list.

So my intended insurance coverage for 1st year is already RM77k (RM86k car price excluding insurance less 10%). When I renew after year 1, I take another 10% off (RM69k). I also review residual prices on the net and adjust accordingly.

sugen

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
This is my 2nd KIA car.. Every year i renew the car, it would be 10k's deprecation..

wucrider10

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:58 PM

wucrider10

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (ran123 @ Jul 28 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kevin,

From 88k to 68k?

Hi all,

My reply
1) Ive got the specced up. Dont think much about the discount. But i think the specced up makes the difference here.
2) Not a problem to me
3) A bit sluggish. The FC is definitely higher a bit compared to my old civic. After 600km, the FC is about 13l/100km
4) Haven't done my first 1000km service
5) Yes, i think you can
6) Not sure

ran123

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

ran123

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Kevin,

Normally insurance co advice to insure base on market value, to reduce risk of under coverage if there is total loss, such as when car is stolen.

For example, car value 120k depreciate at 10% per annum, on second year you insure 100k when the market value is 110k on 1 Jan and shall go down to 100k at 31 Dec, if car is stolen on 30 Jun, insurance co would only refund you base on what you have insured ie 100k instead of 105k (presume 6 months period cause a drop of 5%), theoretically speaking. It really depends on how you perceive insurance, risk hedging or cost?

Wucrider, thanks.

Sorry I didn’t make my question clear enough, I mean if we forego the spec up, some SA say the discount is RM 4k while some say RM 3k. Seem like there is no standardize pricing. Do you think the spec up worth RM 4k? Some review did talk about under power, hence no surprise when you mention sluggish.

sugen

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
Bro,
Your Civic is 2.0? what is the weight of your civic? Rondo weight is 1595kg...
QUOTE (wucrider10 @ Jul 29 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My reply
3) A bit sluggish. The FC is definitely higher a bit compared to my old civic. After 600km, the FC is about 13l/100km

Kevin

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (ran123 @ Jul 29 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kevin,

Normally insurance co advice to insure base on market value, to reduce risk of under coverage if there is total loss, such as when car is stolen.

For example, car value 120k depreciate at 10% per annum, on second year you insure 100k when the market value is 110k on 1 Jan and shall go down to 100k at 31 Dec, if car is stolen on 30 Jun, insurance co would only refund you base on what you have insured ie 100k instead of 105k (presume 6 months period cause a drop of 5%), theoretically speaking. It really depends on how you perceive insurance, risk hedging or cost?

Wucrider, thanks.

Sorry I didn’t make my question clear enough, I mean if we forego the spec up, some SA say the discount is RM 4k while some say RM 3k. Seem like there is no standardize pricing. Do you think the spec up worth RM 4k? Some review did talk about under power, hence no surprise when you mention sluggish.

Yes, I am fully aware of the costs of under-insuring. Nobody in their right frame of mind would steal a Kia smile_tongue.gif I also do adjust my final figure based on market value. After more than 10 years of owning a car, so far so good.

mahmoody

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

mahmoody

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
QUOTE (wucrider10 @ Jul 29 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My reply
1) Ive got the specced up. Dont think much about the discount. But i think the specced up makes the difference here.
2) Not a problem to me
4) Haven't done my first 1000km service
5) Yes, i think you can
6) Not sure

No. 3 is quite subjective. You can't compare a 2.0 car with a 2.0 MPV. A person who is driving an Avanza would definitely feel Rondo has a better pickup, a person who is driving a 3.0 Estima would feel that Rondo is sluggish. But not everybody can afford an Estima. To me my Rondo has a better pick-up than any car that I have driven before. I'm not a rich person and I've owned a Saga, Waja, Saga BLM and Volvo 940.
moody