Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How Long Does It Takes For You To Travel From Home To Office Daily?

• Please log in to reply

Informer

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
How long does it takes for you to travel from Home to Office daily?
Road Congestion Syndrome

We used to be happy drivers.
That was a few years back when there are not too much cars on the road.
We happily smiled and drive to work daily without thinking too much about traffic.
The only think that bother us most is that our uncompleted office chores and our Bosses ringing our ears reminding about datelines consistently.

Those where the days when driving and meeting client/ attending project meetings is less stressful than looking for the nearest car park near an appointment location.
Today, thinks have change too rapidly.
We live in an urban jungle where bikes, cars, buses and lorries roam the said jungle.
With toxic fumes all over the place, it's wise not to unwind the windows or use external air flow for our car air-con.

It also takes a longer time to drive/travel from one place to another, especially during peak traffic hours (morning, lunch-time and afternoon).
So today, we spend most (waste most) of our time in the car.
We also need to plan our traveling time and late attending appointments and meetings are common excuses nowadays.

So today, I did an experiment to find out how long it takes for me to drive from my home to office.
Using a Garmin Nuvi with Eco-Challenge mode, I record my findings.
Here are the results.

Distance Traveled: 30 km
Time taken: 57:07 minutes
Time stopped during drive (jam): 15:08 minutes
Time if without jam: less than 41:59 minutes
Fuel (approximate): RM5.67 (Not bad for a 2.0L Hyundai)
Average speed permissible during drive: 31.5 km/h
Time of experiment: 08:30am
Date of experiment: 27 July 2010

So, my conclusion is, it takes me almost 100% more time to drive to work today compared to 5 years ago using the same route daily.
What do you think?
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

vr2turbo

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
Looks like the more road and highway we build, the travel time becomes longer....... smile_shock.gif

Unless there is a toll road and you use it........ smile_disapprove.gif smile_angry.gif

Jaime

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
It can also be due to more traffic lights now as compared to 5 years ago. Each stops at a traffic light will take at least 2-3 mins. Imagine if you have to go through 10 on your way, the journey will take min 30 mins though it my just be a 10km route.

I have tried measuring - 4 traffic lights and about 5km route takes longer than a 10km route without any traffic lights (assuming both with some light cars/jams + junctions)
Regards,
Jaime @ AW

Informer

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (Jaime @ Jul 27 2010, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It can also be due to more traffic lights now as compared to 5 years ago. Each stops at a traffic light will take at least 2-3 mins. Imagine if you have to go through 10 on your way, the journey will take min 30 mins though it my just be a 10km route.

I have tried measuring - 4 traffic lights and about 5km route takes longer than a 10km route without any traffic lights (assuming both with some light cars/jams + junctions)

Additonal note:
Test-drive route: MRR2 (all the way) from Tasik Selatan with only 3 small road traffic lights to UK Heights...
(98% time spend on MRR2)
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

vr2turbo

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (Jaime @ Jul 27 2010, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jaime,
Traffic lights also depends. After going off Federal Highway into Shah Alam, I will have 4 traffic lights to pass before reaching the office. Sometimes have to wait at every traffic light, but sometimes timing is perfect pass every traffic without stopping.... smile_wink.gif

nofear1979

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 27 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jaime,
Traffic lights also depends. After going off Federal Highway into Shah Alam, I will have 4 traffic lights to pass before reaching the office. Sometimes have to wait at every traffic light, but sometimes timing is perfect pass every traffic without stopping.... smile_wink.gif

nothing beats the traffic lights along the Alor Gajah to mlk town..
11-12 of them... each traffic light took you 4 minutes, end up 40 minutes++ to reach town.. hahahahahhaa
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

vr2turbo

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Jul 27 2010, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
11-12 of them... each traffic light took you 4 minutes, end up 40 minutes++ to reach town.. hahahahahhaa

Yup, kena before........ smile_blackeye.gif

rallychamp

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Jul 27 2010, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMJ highway....

and there was where i play drag-race using company daihatsu hijet small lorry....(a few years back) smile_tongue.gif

currently.....

-45mins-1hour by car
-20mins-35mins by bike

(lucky no traffic light at all from my house untill office) smile_approve.gif just one toll-booth waiting...RM1.30

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Jul 28 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
currently.....

-45mins-1hour by car
-20mins-35mins by bike

For me is 20 to 40 mins, so should not complain liao........ smile_big.gif

Going back is bad. Usually half hour. Sometimes one hour 15 mins...... smile_shock.gif

SplitFire

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
No one complaints on Tebrau Highway?

Try driving out from Plaza Pelangi, then all the way to Jusco Tebrau City during 5-6pm. smile_evil.gif smile_disapprove.gif Fast means 45mins. If slow means 1.5 hrs. How many freaking traffic lights in between? smile_angry.gif Now got so many stretch having contruction going on. If got broken down vehicle along the 3 lanes highway, means you can get home in time for supper instead of dinner. smile_disapprove.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire