Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mitsubishi ASX

• Please log in to reply

lucifah

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

lucifah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
anyone installed illuminated door scuff plates yet?

i got this like 2 years ago and never got the time to install it and eventually got forgotten :sweat:

will ask the accesory shop to help me install when i got time next week. they ask for rm 60 charge. quite fair for a 1 hour job.

richard912

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

richard912

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 923 posts
I got mine from Mitsubishi and had them installed during my first service call years back. Your's come with LED lighting so for RM60 charge, okay lah. smile_thumbup.gif

QUOTE (lucifah @ Nov 5 2013, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i got this like 2 years ago and never got the time to install it and eventually got forgotten :sweat:

will ask the accesory shop to help me install when i got time next week. they ask for rm 60 charge. quite fair for a 1 hour job.

cskiat

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
Finally got the airbag sign removed BUT the bad things is that I need to change back my HU to DDX5036 for them to reset the system. According to Mitsu foreman, the DDX4033BT is not interfering with the system but the steering wheel remote control is smile_angry.gif . Find it weird as how can a steering remote control affect the system?? Its like an ant causing death to an elephant! Mine ASX is 2012 model by the way, I understand the security for the system have been tighten up for 2012 model but surely .... a steering remote control can't possibly do such a harm.

I will do more research on that before try it again one more time. This time I will make sure the following are being carried out ... just in case:-
1. No looping of wires connecting to the DDX4033BT
2. Draw a diagram based on Goldfish pointers for the steering wheel connection.
3. Call GOLDFISH for help once he is available biggrin.gif
If the steering wheel remote control can't really be used, I will just install the DDX4033BT ... as I find out DDX4033BT can play more types of audio and video files compare to DDX5036.

Lucifah, your steering wheel adapter might just do the trick. Perhaps you can check it out with the installer.

cskiat

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (lucifah @ Nov 5 2013, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ILLUMINATED SCUFF PLATES!!! NICEEEEEE wub.gif
I already got mine installed but not illuminated. Got them installed at Mitsu service center a few days after getting the car.

lucifah

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

lucifah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (cskiat @ Nov 6 2013, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally got the airbag sign removed BUT the bad things is that I need to change back my HU to DDX5036 for them to reset the system. According to Mitsu foreman, the DDX4033BT is not interfering with the system but the steering wheel remote control is smile_angry.gif . Find it weird as how can a steering remote control affect the system?? Its like an ant causing death to an elephant! Mine ASX is 2012 model by the way, I understand the security for the system have been tighten up for 2012 model but surely .... a steering remote control can't possibly do such a harm.

I will do more research on that before try it again one more time. This time I will make sure the following are being carried out ... just in case:-
1. No looping of wires connecting to the DDX4033BT
2. Draw a diagram based on Goldfish pointers for the steering wheel connection.
3. Call GOLDFISH for help once he is available biggrin.gif
If the steering wheel remote control can't really be used, I will just install the DDX4033BT ... as I find out DDX4033BT can play more types of audio and video files compare to DDX5036.

Lucifah, your steering wheel adapter might just do the trick. Perhaps you can check it out with the installer.

i still haven't got the steering wheel audio switch yet. no bajet nao sad.gif

suddenly found something at good price. still negotiating so budget habis liao

take a pic of your illuminated scuff plate? how much did u buy from mitsu? i remember around rm 600 rite for the mitsu original ones?

cskiat

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (lucifah @ Nov 6 2013, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i still haven't got the steering wheel audio switch yet. no bajet nao sad.gif

suddenly found something at good price. still negotiating so budget habis liao

take a pic of your illuminated scuff plate? how much did u buy from mitsu? i remember around rm 600 rite for the mitsu original ones?

My apologies ... mine is NOT illuminated. Sorry .. pai seh pai seh ... smile_blush.gif

lucifah

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

lucifah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
this is the unexpected purchase i made on impulse... 18" lancer OEM wheels smile_blackeye.gif

getting it powdercoated matte gunmetal grey first

then wrap it with conti mx5. dunno getting the 235/55 or 235/50 or 225/50 smile_question.gif

looks like the audio switch project have to be put on hold liao

cskiat

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (lucifah @ Nov 6 2013, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is the unexpected purchase i made on impulse... 18" lancer OEM wheels smile_blackeye.gif

getting it powdercoated matte gunmetal grey first

then wrap it with conti mx5. dunno getting the 235/55 or 235/50 or 225/50 smile_question.gif

looks like the audio switch project have to be put on hold liao

No wonder you ran out of budget!!! ohmy.gif

As for me, going for second round on installation of steering wheels. This time, I will try to use a steering wheel control interface. If it works (FINGER CROSS), I will definitely share it with all of you here.

By the way, like the rims and as for the tires, can't help you, bro ... you better decide based on your budget smile_wink.gif

lucifah

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

lucifah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (cskiat @ Nov 7 2013, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No wonder you ran out of budget!!! ohmy.gif

As for me, going for second round on installation of steering wheels. This time, I will try to use a steering wheel control interface. If it works (FINGER CROSS), I will definitely share it with all of you here.

By the way, like the rims and as for the tires, can't help you, bro ... you better decide based on your budget smile_wink.gif

share some pics of the installation process, will ya. esp the control interface

and while you're at it, i'd recommend you remove the parking sensor so you can watch dvd / video clips while driving

tyre decision can wait. not urgent since my existing tyre is still >70% thread left biggrin.gif

nizami

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

nizami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi...
I am new here..

Can anyone help me because im seeking available bodywork shop for my 2010 ASX, both side skirt damaged, fog lamp (left) shattered, deep scratch on doors, left side..