Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mitsubishi ASX

• Please log in to reply

lucifah

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

lucifah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
anyhow, i asked an accessory w/shop (apparently, this shop is the default shop where mitsu send their car to retrofit accessories before sending to customer), and they mentioned RM 220 for installation charges for the audio switch control and the adaptor (price inclusive of the adaptor). audio switch control i have to provide myself

this is the adaptor

cskiat

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (goldfish @ Nov 2 2013, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
!!! Actually do not need to open up the SRS to install the audio switch.

.... and I learned it the hard way. All looks pretty except the airbag warning light at the info screen.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013_11_01_17.32.27_1.jpg

cskiat

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (lucifah @ Nov 2 2013, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is it just plug and play? i mean no wires / modifications needed in the steering wheel?

Yes, Lucifah, its plug and play for the audio steering remote control. Only the audio unit will need a adapter or change in order to be able to synchronized with steering audio remote control (since we can only use the mentioned remote control to suit our steering wheel).

cskiat

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (lucifah @ Nov 2 2013, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyhow, i asked an accessory w/shop (apparently, this shop is the default shop where mitsu send their car to retrofit accessories before sending to customer), and they mentioned RM 220 for installation charges for the audio switch control and the adaptor (price inclusive of the adaptor). audio switch control i have to provide myself

this is the adaptor

Lucifah, the adapter shown seems to be for Pioneer audio system. Maybe you should show the audio steering remote control to.the installer. My installer initially told me that I need to purchase additional wires and adapter to fix the remote but I told him that I am changing the whole audio unit and the unit is compatible to the remote control and as such require no additional wires or adapter.

lucifah

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

lucifah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (cskiat @ Nov 2 2013, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lucifah, the adapter shown seems to be for Pioneer audio system. Maybe you should show the audio steering remote control to.the installer. My installer initially told me that I need to purchase additional wires and adapter to fix the remote but I told him that I am changing the whole audio unit and the unit is compatible to the remote control and as such require no additional wires or adapter.

what audio HU did u change to?

u mean the stock DDX5036 that comes with ASX no need any adaptor?

btw, the remote control unit has lights at night or not, just like the cruise control?

lucifah

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

lucifah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (cskiat @ Nov 2 2013, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.... and I learned it the hard way. All looks pretty except the airbag warning light at the info screen.

wah... your kenwood HU interface is quite nice and better than the stock DDX5036 unit. which model is that and can the ROM be flashed over to DDX5036?

cskiat

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (lucifah @ Nov 2 2013, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what audio HU did u change to?

u mean the stock DDX5036 that comes with ASX no need any adaptor?

btw, the remote control unit has lights at night or not, just like the cruise control?

Lucifah, I changed my audio HU from DDX5036 to DDX4033BT ... just like what Goldfish did. DDX4033BT do not need any adapter as it has Direct OEM Remote Control Interface.
Whereas DDX5036 will need an adapter (as mentioned by Goldfish earlier you will need a steering audio control adapter, e.g PAC Audio SWI-JACK) due to the HU do not come with Direct OEM Remote Control Interface,

Yes, the remote control unit do has light at night .. just like the cruise control. Look nice actually ... smile_thumbup.gif

cskiat

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (lucifah @ Nov 2 2013, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wah... your kenwood HU interface is quite nice and better than the stock DDX5036 unit. which model is that and can the ROM be flashed over to DDX5036?

Hahaha .. thanks bro, I choosed DDX4033BT (BT stands for Bluetooth). Take note there are DDX4033 and DDX4033BT. DDX4033BT come along with a mic so you can attach it near your steering wheel. This will enable the user to talk over the phone ... handsfree! rolleyes.gif

I don't think the ROM can be flashed over to DDX5036 ... I might be wrong but I don't think it can. By the way, DDX4033BT USB input is in the front of HU, unlike DDX5036 where the USB line is hidden in the dashboard.

lucifah

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

lucifah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (cskiat @ Nov 3 2013, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lucifah, I changed my audio HU from DDX5036 to DDX4033BT ... just like what Goldfish did. DDX4033BT do not need any adapter as it has Direct OEM Remote Control Interface.
Whereas DDX5036 will need an adapter (as mentioned by Goldfish earlier you will need a steering audio control adapter, e.g PAC Audio SWI-JACK) due to the HU do not come with Direct OEM Remote Control Interface,

Yes, the remote control unit do has light at night .. just like the cruise control. Look nice actually ... smile_thumbup.gif

mind sharing me the price of the DDX4033?

i asked around and the trade in price for my stock DDX5036 HU is only around RM 500 sad.gif

cskiat

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

cskiat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (lucifah @ Nov 3 2013, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mind sharing me the price of the DDX4033?

i asked around and the trade in price for my stock DDX5036 HU is only around RM 500 sad.gif

I brought mine at RM1450, that include installation charges. I understand there are cheaper options out there but I was looking to get it done fast. Average online price is around RM1300. Trading in the DDX5306 will be good, mine was less than RM500.
Anyway I was keen to add the steering audio as there are more than one occurance where I almost run into other lane while trying to loom for the proper switch at the HU. Not to mention, the trouble picking up the phone while driving.