Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Review For 2.0 Sx Forte?

• Please log in to reply

jayraptor

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
I think NAZA should really consider keeping at least 3 Forte 2.0SX for 3 major showrooms so that they could show to public how well the car is. Rather than leaving question marks and without the 2.0L showroom unit, they might lose some sales to T, H & N brands. No testing prevent people from knowing the car and some might not buy things that they have not tested.

I'm sure NAZA staffs can see this comment. Waiting time for Forte 2.0 is reduced from 4months down to just 2 months. It should not be a problem for NAZA to get few for the showrooms. I wanted to try 1 too. I WANT TEST DRIVE!!

The new Altis is good but the Forte's affordable price might make me think twice before going for Altis. If I think this way, Altis 1.6E at RM105k whereas I can get Forte 2.0SX at RM94k, what else the rest. Besides, the Forte 2.0SX should have good FC since it's the same engine & gearbox of the Sonata NF with difference in the tuning.

chris7027

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

chris7027

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Oct 6 2010, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think NAZA should really consider keeping at least 3 Forte 2.0SX for 3 major showrooms so that they could show to public how well the car is. Rather than leaving question marks and without the 2.0L showroom unit, they might lose some sales to T, H & N brands. No testing prevent people from knowing the car and some might not buy things that they have not tested.

I'm sure NAZA staffs can see this comment. Waiting time for Forte 2.0 is reduced from 4months down to just 2 months. It should not be a problem for NAZA to get few for the showrooms. I wanted to try 1 too. I WANT TEST DRIVE!!

The new Altis is good but the Forte's affordable price might make me think twice before going for Altis. If I think this way, Altis 1.6E at RM105k whereas I can get Forte 2.0SX at RM94k, what else the rest. Besides, the Forte 2.0SX should have good FC since it's the same engine & gearbox of the Sonata NF with difference in the tuning.

If not mistaken Forte 2.0 engine is Thelta II CVVT ... & Sonata NF is Thelta CVVT.... Is this correct...? Can it be consider same engine..? hehe.....i dunno....just asking only.... :-D

chris7027

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

chris7027

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
I got a call from my SA today saying that 100 cars 2.0 will be release by Gurun end of this month....
Only customers that had their loan approved with LOU (letter of undertaking) submitted & paid had de RM1000 deposit for de VSO (vehicle sales order)... will get their cars 1st...
Its not based on 1st come 1st served basis....
Is this true...?

jason81

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:13 PM

jason81

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
QUOTE (chris7027 @ Sep 8 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro darreltian...

I went to Honda showroom this morning... i try de City & Civic... I feel both front cabin is similiar to Forte...but de back cabin i feel Forte is more spacious.... Is my feeling correct....? Cos i seldom ride in imported cars... & i too biasa with saga liao...haha.....

What does it mean with MDPS will feel light and provide lesser steering feedback during spirited drive....? What is "spirited drive" ne....? Is it MDPS no need maintenace....?

De waiting period for Forte 2.0 is 1 month... also depending wat colour they deliver to showroom every week... Cos de SA say they can't control de colours delivered to them.... So see who's lucky.... & maybe you can get de car in 1 week if de colours that came is wat u ordered... But now de Forte with sunroof is available but only in blue colour (like de s'pore version).... :-)

for MDPS in forte .. u just need to turn 1 1/2 round steering to steer all .. so it is very light .have to get use to it before u run fast .. same like BMW car

izputra

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:47 AM

izputra

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Oct 6 2010, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think shd be labour charge....if apply to parts then really MEGA SALE!

Agreed... smile.gif

jayraptor

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (chris7027 @ Oct 6 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If not mistaken Forte 2.0 engine is Thelta II CVVT ... & Sonata NF is Thelta CVVT.... Is this correct...? Can it be consider same engine..? hehe.....i dunno....just asking only.... :-D

The Forte 2.0 engine is having the same cylinder block and head as Sonata NF. The differences are :
1) the air volume sensor flap for the VIS in the Forte's air intake is made of alluminium alloy whereas Sonata NF is made of plastic.
2) Forte is tuned higher to have 155ps@6200rpm generating higher torque at 194Nm@4200rpm.
Kia was too eager to name the tuned up engine with added metal piece ThetaII but by right, I'll just call it Theta 1.5 instead considered just minor upgrade.

Theta II in Sonata YF/Tucson receive new cylinder head, dual valve timing actuators, valves, both camshafts, air intake, tuning, etc. Sonata YF & Tucson's engines are more qualified to be called Theta II for having almost everything new except the cylinder block.

I hope NAZA will get 2.0SX showroom unit. Hoping to be able to test it when sending my car to 10k mileage service. I noticed that there are more and more Forte on the road today, going to be like Vios soon. Bad thing is, it makes my car less special but good thing is that'll improve resale value, get more cheaper spare parts since more spare part shops will bring in more parts, etc.

chris7027

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

chris7027

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
My SA today told me that almost all Forte 2.0 has been released from Gurun & were sent to Klang stockyard for custom CKD clarification & tax clearance...
After clearance..de cars will be sent to all Naza branches nationwide...
So for those who had book 2.0..may refer to your SA for de car allocation details ya...
They had given me my car allocation chasis no. already...
I can't wait to meet my car ASAP...hehe... Good luck to u guys... happy.gif

DSAI

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
bro jay, im here working in seremban, from what i saw, 10 P1,P2 there is 1 Forte. it becoming more and more here in seremban.hope many people start buying forte.People nowdays have many choice for the 2.0 cars...ford, honda, P1, toyota, and NK aswell..
a new hope...

jayraptor

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Oct 25 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro jay, im here working in seremban, from what i saw, 10 P1,P2 there is 1 Forte. it becoming more and more here in seremban.hope many people start buying forte.People nowdays have many choice for the 2.0 cars...ford, honda, P1, toyota, and NK aswell..

Hi DSAI,

Yes, there are more and more buyers of Forte despite heavy bombardment from infected local journalists. Most locals including Chinamen follow Singapore. Singaporeans are giving good remarks to Forte 1.6 and 2.0 whereas locals especially that Paul Tan said Forte is worst C-segment car by taking the Forte 1.6L to pit against H & N 1.8L & 2.0L.

I think Naza already has Forte 2.0SX test unit for journalists. See whether H & N brands dare to pit against it. Civic wins in terms of acceleration but other aspects especially in going up slope, pulling power when loaded with passengers, practicality, interior space, etc it won't stand any chance. More owners especially the 2.0SX should step forward to provide their feedbacks so that more people will know and at least try the Forte kawkaw before judging or by just listening to propaganda.

Until now, there are still at least 1 or 2 friends of mine didn't know that Kia came up with superior C-segment until they sat in my car or my colleague's. Maybe Naza should organise more road shows that come with test drive to create awareness.

chris7027

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

chris7027

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Oct 27 2010, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, there are more and more buyers of Forte despite heavy bombardment from infected local journalists. Most locals including Chinamen follow Singapore. Singaporeans are giving good remarks to Forte 1.6 and 2.0 whereas locals especially that Paul Tan said Forte is worst C-segment car by taking the Forte 1.6L to pit against H & N 1.8L & 2.0L.

Bro jay.. could u pls give me de link whereby u said Paul Tan mention Forte is worst C-segment car... I like to read that... thanks..