Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2011 Hyundai Sonata I45 - Personal Review

• Please log in to reply

wheeLSpin

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
so anyone book the 2.0L low spec ? Should be the best seller for this new sonata I bet.

coz I think 2.0L high-spec price is too close to camry/accord bracket. My opinion.

Informer

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (wheeLSpin @ Jul 1 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so anyone book the 2.0L low spec ? Should be the best seller for this new sonata I bet.

coz I think 2.0L high-spec price is too close to camry/accord bracket. My opinion.

With OT (Over-Trade) and less NCD Insurance (from previous car - transfer NCD to new Sonata), roughly, the 2.0L Low-Spec can get a bit lower than RM130k...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Informer

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
2011 Hyundai Sonata...
Fast Motoring First Look review...
Click here...

Just beautiful..! smile_tongue.gif
Models not included in car purchase... laugh.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

tazzz2010

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

tazzz2010

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
I just booked the 2.0L High spec.
SA told me the waiting period is 3 months. So I should be expecting it by early October.
I inquired about the option to upgrade to 18" sports rim and also the beige leather seat, but the SA seems have no idea about it.
Does any of you heard about the upgrade option?

war2z

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

war2z

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
Seems the cameraman is more interested in the model instead of the car smile.gif

Informer

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (tazzz2010 @ Jul 3 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SA told me the waiting period is 3 months. So I should be expecting it by early October.
I inquired about the option to upgrade to 18" sports rim and also the beige leather seat, but the SA seems have no idea about it.

Congratulations...

Today, around 3pm, revisited a Hyundai Showroom...
There got 2 units...
1st. unit is 2.4L High-spec in showroom...
The other, 2.0L High-spec for test-drive...

Since I already meet the SA during the Glenmarie Sonata Preview, I said to him, "there is no need to re-test again"...
He said, "why not test it on the Highway then?"...
Yup... a 2nd. time opportunity... happy.gif

Later leave showroom towards road exiting to highway ramp...
Since it's less than 2km stroll from exit to another, manage to rev-up the engine, and as some have commented before, it's quite harsh sound on acceleration...
The gears was searching up-down... thinking which gear to engage...
Power is there...
Still smooth... but for those who wanted better comfort and power, better go for the 2.4L...

There was a sinker road channel (pothole) at that area, and a clank was heard during going over it...
After test-drive, I stand-by the roadside to watch other cars past by the same road... all got the same clank...
So... it was not because of the Sonata short-comings suspension, but that particular road got bad pothole...

Quite a lot of people came to visit and test-drive...
Mostly... people just love and adore the design...
There was a i30 beside the Sonata in the showroom, I did do the knock on metal test...
Surprisingly, the i30 got better thicker metal sound compared to the Sonata...

Don't take my word for it... just do your own experiment...
Make sure the SA and others visitor are a bit away when you do that...
We don't want to annoy others with such act... smile_big.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Kevin

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:26 AM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (tazzz2010 @ Jul 3 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was told the beige trim and the wheels cost RM5k.

I know for a fact that GSM Audio in Jalan 222 does all the after-market fitments for SD Hyundai so you might want to check with them directly.

mikmil1

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

mikmil1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
I know the Sonata brochure states on every page that "pictures are for illustration purpose only. Actual unit may differ" but I noticed that every picture of the centre console unit of the interior in the brochure has a medium sized blue screen (though not the touch screen navsat one available in the US) but is definitely larger than the one in the test units??!?!

The CD unit on the brochure has a nicer and bigger screen on top with a single knob! Test drive unit has two small knobs on the left and right of the CD unit between a small display screen. The brochure unit looks so much nicer!!!!

survivor

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

survivor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
I also noticed that the 2.4HS has better finishing than 2.0HS, though on paper the differences are only Engin, HID, Passenger power seat and climate control. If you take a closer look at the reverse sensors, though both have 4 sensors, but at 2.4HS, the sensors are flushed (like those at BMW) but the 2.0HS like after market. installation (like those at Honda Accord). I am not sure whether the final product to customer is like that but the display cars at 1U Hyundai roadshow are like that. Anyone can clarify this?

Stephenr

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

Stephenr

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 600 posts
Seen the car yesterday, very nice car with loads of feature for its price.

Driver position is good but rear passengers whom height >175cm will hv very less head space .

The middle rear seat may not suitable or comfortable for an adult a for long distance . Just IMHO...
~stephenr~