Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Foam Gun

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Jul 5 2010, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup ..Foan Gun more practical for home detailer..

Apart from this, u can used this to foam the car porch floor as well ..anything. Easy setup is the key.

Anything above 40 psi water pressure will do. If low on pressure, u can let the pressure build up as long as u dun keep pressing the hose sprayer. basically press n off.

Of course, the foam lance will generate for foam but troublesome.

good price man~..

neway, I am bringing soon.

How soon?? rolleyes.gif

mubull

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (daws @ Jul 5 2010, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's the prefferred faoming wash to use with the foamaster? DP extreme wash seems to be one, any local solutions, ANyone buying the DP Extreme Foam Formula?

Depending the condition of the car and whether u're going to use another shampoo bucket to wash.

For normal wash, sometimes I used 50ml shampoo with 650ml water 1:13. Or sometimes 70ml then fill up the whole quart bottle with water. Adjust to max foam 1:10 .. so you shd be getting 1:130 output. I still preferred another shampoo bucket wash or You can foam the mitt with shampoo then rinse the mitt by just releasing the quick connect adaptor.

AG mentioned used 1:4 with dp but I did not follow their instruction with my dg901 shampoo. I once used DG901 1:5 can it does create lot of foam too but I think 1:5 x 10 = 1:50 might be too strong..

When I dun hv time to do proper wash . I will just foam the car by adding some 5-10 ml of aquawax or QD on it together with shampoo. Wait for few mins after foam, then rinse then hose down or pouring some water on it. Drive out for my appointment and the car shd be dry quickly.

Just my method.

cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

mankarat

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:47 PM

mankarat

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts
Wah bro mubull have his own technic..wash with additive..hehe.. normally i use dg 901 also. Mix 1 1/2 oz of shampoo and fill water till almost ful.. Use setting 4 or 5 to foaming. and continue with bucket wash. If lazy, i spray while cleaning with wash mitt at setting 3 so whenever i finish clean the whole car,there is some leftover shampoo to final rinse. I use dp extreme,but this shampoo is mainly just produce high foam,not have a strong cleaning power. chemical guys citrus daily wash and dg not produce too much foam,but have a good ability to lift the dirt while foaming. Best is foam first before wet your car. And rinse and foam again if you like or can continue with 2 bucket wash later.

vr2turbo

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (mankarat @ Jul 5 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah bro mubull have his own technic..wash with additive..hehe.. normally i use dg 901 also. Mix 1 1/2 oz of shampoo and fill water till almost ful.. Use setting 4 or 5 to foaming. and continue with bucket wash. If lazy, i spray while cleaning with wash mitt at setting 3 so whenever i finish clean the whole car,there is some leftover shampoo to final rinse. I use dp extreme,but this shampoo is mainly just produce high foam,not have a strong cleaning power. chemical guys citrus daily wash and dg not produce too much foam,but have a good ability to lift the dirt while foaming. Best is foam first before wet your car. And rinse and foam again if you like or can continue with 2 bucket wash later.

Wah, you foam, rinse and foam again before wash. Nowadays, trying to cut down washing time..... smile_big.gif

mankarat

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

mankarat

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts
yalah...after 6 weeks never wash bro. I'll never let my wife wash my car. So first thing when arrive home is wash car..haha.. It is not all the time i practise that type of washing. Normally feel lazy to wash.. just use onr for 2 weekly wash. I just do a complete wash every 2 weeks or after balik kampung time.. Other than that just a quick wash with foam gun and mitt. No need bucket wash.. Very fast..

vr2turbo

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (mankarat @ Jul 5 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yalah...after 6 weeks never wash bro. I'll never let my wife wash my car. So first thing when arrive home is wash car..haha.. It is not all the time i practise that type of washing. Normally feel lazy to wash.. just use onr for 2 weekly wash. I just do a complete wash every 2 weeks or after balik kampung time.. Other than that just a quick wash with foam gun and mitt. No need bucket wash.. Very fast..

Oh yah, your case is different. You are away sometimes for a long stretch of time.
That day I taught my wife how to clean the car. Wash Mitt to shampoo one portion, rinse, clean the mitt before the next portion. She must be thinking her bath is easier.....ha! ha! smile_big.gif

mankarat

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

mankarat

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts
i teach her before,but too much complaining.. so i said rather to leave it dirty instead of a cincai wash..never let her touch it anymore. Now wait for my son to grow up..after that can teach him bit by bit about car care...

vr2turbo

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (mankarat @ Jul 5 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i teach her before,but too much complaining.. so i said rather to leave it dirty instead of a cincai wash..never let her touch it anymore. Now wait for my son to grow up..after that can teach him bit by bit about car care...

My son now drives, but he has no interest at all taking care of the car. His best is to wash the wheels and drying the car.
Even when drying I am afraid, because as you look at him, he seems to be using a lot of force....my son is 6ft 5in.... smile_tongue.gif
In fact my daughter takes more interest and washes pretty well, but got her moods.
Wife most of the time takes care of the house, so it is left to me to take care of the cars....... smile_blackeye.gif
Since now got 3 rides to wash, try to find the easiest and fastest way to do it..... smile_big.gif

g88

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:15 AM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 6 2010, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My son now drives, but he has no interest at all taking care of the car. His best is to wash the wheels and drying the car.
Even when drying I am afraid, because as you look at him, he seems to be using a lot of force....my son is 6ft 5in.... smile_tongue.gif
In fact my daughter takes more interest and washes pretty well, but got her moods.
Wife most of the time takes care of the house, so it is left to me to take care of the cars....... smile_blackeye.gif
Since now got 3 rides to wash, try to find the easiest and fastest way to do it..... smile_big.gif

aiya u just do all the cars detailing la... smile_big.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Jul 8 2010, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aiya u just do all the cars detailing la... smile_big.gif

you all already call unker, so old man already..... smile_wink.gif tough to do 3 cars as one good...... smile_shock.gif