Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Parking Skills

• Please log in to reply

civ96110

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

civ96110

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
On busy days in my hometown, I'm always annoyed whenever I see cars parked taking up other people's space or blocking entrance or jutting out into the road.

How hard can it be for any fairly experienced driver to park properly? And even if the first time you enter a lot you didn't stay between the white lines, you can always reverse and do it again. Not just leave the car as it is and block others from using the adjacent lot.

Last week, an Estima was entering a parking lot in front of the KFC here and took up both boxes. I was slighly behind him and wanted to park also. I flashed my lights and honked a bit to make him park properly. Only then did he reverse and tried to park correctly.

What annoyed me was having to remind this supposedly educated person who is able to afford a big car that other people are to be considered too.

And to top it off, he still couldn't do it properly, had to reverse quite a distance out and made his wife come out of the car to tell me to back up a bit. I was way out on the road and wasn't even blocking him if he knew how to drive!

Stupidity never ceases....

Prudence

wanida

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
QUOTE (civ96110 @ Jun 15 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On busy days in my hometown, I'm always annoyed whenever I see cars parked taking up other people's space or blocking entrance or jutting out into the road.

How hard can it be for any fairly experienced driver to park properly? And even if the first time you enter a lot you didn't stay between the white lines, you can always reverse and do it again. Not just leave the car as it is and block others from using the adjacent lot.

Last week, an Estima was entering a parking lot in front of the KFC here and took up both boxes. I was slighly behind him and wanted to park also. I flashed my lights and honked a bit to make him park properly. Only then did he reverse and tried to park correctly.

What annoyed me was having to remind this supposedly educated person who is able to afford a big car that other people are to be considered too.

And to top it off, he still couldn't do it properly, had to reverse quite a distance out and made his wife come out of the car to tell me to back up a bit. I was way out on the road and wasn't even blocking him if he knew how to drive!

3 possibilites :
1) maybe it's not his vehicle, "kereta pinjam". smile_clown.gif
2) maybe he just bought it, low confidence level.. smile_tongue.gif
3) or maybe he just got his licence... smile_clown.gif

Informer

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (wanida @ Jul 1 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 possibilites :
1) maybe it's not his vehicle, "kereta pinjam". smile_clown.gif
2) maybe he just bought it, low confidence level.. smile_tongue.gif
3) or maybe he just got his licence... smile_clown.gif

or maybe...

We should learn to be more patience in our life's... and forgive others for their ignorant, arrogant, EGO, bull-headed and mistakes...
Cheers... smile_big.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

rallychamp

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (civ96110 @ Jun 15 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if like this ok lah...atleast he still re-park properly...

if not...just bang his/her bumper or door setel d....so let them learn the hard way

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

bigal26

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

bigal26

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 514 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Jul 1 2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if like this ok lah...atleast he still re-park properly...

if not...just bang his/her bumper or door setel d....so let them learn the hard way

Yup agree. At least he is considerate and reparked (after some gentle persuasion). What I really dislike are the people who double park in front of you and you have to honk and go from shop to shop asking whose car it is smile_angry.gif

tmcchan

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

tmcchan

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
QUOTE (bigal26 @ Jul 2 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup agree. At least he is considerate and reparked (after some gentle persuasion). What I really dislike are the people who double park in front of you and you have to honk and go from shop to shop asking whose car it is smile_angry.gif

That's not the worse - I've experienced a tai-tai who dbl-parked and went into a shop > 50m away from her car. Even if you'd fitted a 18-wheel trailer horn to your car, she oso wouldn't be able to hear it. Her car was a freakin Merc 300SL sommore. What, driving half a million bucks worth of car gives you the right to act retarded?

I waited and horned for about 15 mins before she showed up. She kena verbal abuse from me, of course. smile_evil.gif I can still see the look of her face in my mind, as she was quickly getting into her car, locking the doors while trying to escape. "OMG road bully! rapist! Helpppp!!!" Hah!
--- Sig under construction ---

rallychamp

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (tmcchan @ Jul 23 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's not the worse - I've experienced a tai-tai who dbl-parked and went into a shop > 50m away from her car. Even if you'd fitted a 18-wheel trailer horn to your car, she oso wouldn't be able to hear it. Her car was a freakin Merc 300SL sommore. What, driving half a million bucks worth of car gives you the right to act retarded?

I waited and horned for about 15 mins before she showed up. She kena verbal abuse from me, of course. smile_evil.gif I can still see the look of her face in my mind, as she was quickly getting into her car, locking the doors while trying to escape. "OMG road bully! rapist! Helpppp!!!" Hah!

yell at her...

"u were lucky that i'm not interested into raping your car miss" smile_thumbup.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Double and triple parking even, is a sickness....Cannot cure one.... smile_blackeye.gif

bigal26

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

bigal26

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 514 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 23 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Double and triple parking even, is a sickness....Cannot cure one.... smile_blackeye.gif

One long line or flat tyres may help smile_evil.gif heh heh

SplitFire

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:44 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (bigal26 @ Jul 28 2010, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One long line or flat tyres may help smile_evil.gif heh heh

Don't do that lar..... smile_disapprove.gif Car is innocent. Its the driver that sucks, you should bash the driver. smile_approve.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire